How will the world end? The 10 most likely triggers of the Apocalypse

• From a solar flare to nuclear war, MailOnline looks at ways the world could end
  • A wandering black hole and reversal of Earth's magnetic field may also trigger it

From Armageddon to the Day After Tomorrow, there have been plenty of Hollywood movies about how our world might end.

But if there is to be a global apocalypse, what might be to blame for wiping out all life on Earth?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

I could not open the list but I believe one should include (if not yet happened):

1. Uncontrollable Implementation of AI - we are already more advanced to a catastrophe than many might think. And I believe I am quite reasonable and not a conspiracy enthusiast.

2. Viruses (has nothing to do with Covid, I predicted that decades ago and I still do). See as well the film "13 Monkeys" - only one possible scenario.

3. In some years time, the sun will blow up beyond the earths orbit. This will definitely be it and this cannot be reversed. But I doubt we will make it until then.

• 5 months later...

Christians believe that the world will end with a battle between good and evil, and that this will happen in northern Israel

let's hope that the head of Hezbollah doesn't read this

In Christian apocalyptic literature, Mount Megiddo, the hill overlooking the valley, is identified as the site of the final battle between the forces of good and evil at the end of time, known as Armageddon and mentioned in the New Testament in Revelation 16:16.

23 minutes ago, schweizer said:

Christians believe that the world will end with a battle between good and evil, and that this will happen in northern Israel

In Christian apocalyptic literature, Mount Megiddo, the hill overlooking the valley, is identified as the site of the final battle between the forces of good and evil at the end of time, known as Armageddon and mentioned in the New Testament in Revelation 16:16.

Well well well

3 hours ago, schweizer said:

I have seen stuff about muslim extremist wanting that to happen.