Trump re-election not just possible, but likely.

Social Media

51 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I'll bite. My 'dark horse': J.B. Pritzker, 2-term Governor of Illinois.

Lovely person, can't beat Trump. See also: Sherod Brown, Newsom et al. 

Trump is like a Games of Thrones villain. Only a true king may slay him.

Or in this case, only an ancient middle of the road, cynical political lifer can assemble the donors and voting machine to nibble him to death at the margins. Likewise, if Mitch McConnell was a dem, he could bury Trump too.

Trump's outsider status still needed/needs the establishment to put him over. And this time, he'll have less support from the repub side of that, and a much better managed and funded dem establishment itching to get him on a debate stage.

The left and the middle of the Dems are pretty together in holding their nose for Biden. On the Republican side, you see a lot of the middle turned off by rightie stuff over mass shootings, abortion, etc. A lot of republicans have gay family  members. How to do they paper over that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Also I'm sure at the last minute Biden will withdraw.

The NY Times -- in March before Biden officially declared -- described J.B. Pritzker as ...

The billionaire heir to the Hyatt Hotels fortune may be seen by some Democrats as the “in case of emergency break glass” candidate, one of the few prominent politicians who could stand up a White House run at a moment’s notice. 

(paywall)

Edited by jerrymahoney