Prayut says he respects election results

webfact

10 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Remind me again how he got into power in the first place? 

Was it something to do with denying that there would be a coup, making the coup a few days later and stealing the whole country at the point of a gun.

He couldn't have stood in an election as he was still a general in the army, the democrats could never have won the election and the democrat deputy PM Suthep had either resigned or been kicked out of the democrats.

11 hours ago, JackGats said:

I see much support here for "the voice of the people". Do you guys think "the people" is on our side? Do you think the people will do away eg with dual pricing? You bet they will! If "the people" had their way the price for foreigners would not be 5 times the price for Thais. It would be twenty times that.

What did "the voice of the people" do for us in our respective home countries beside creating feminist police states? 

The 'voice of the people' means nothing when the hard wall of reality is crashed into. Every government wants to be popular but capital is as shy as a deer at the forest edge, if markets and investors tell the government, do this or that then we will run, the government listens, central banks and the stock markets punish those who don't obey them and investors follow suit by withdrawing their money. I assume that private capital will do better than when under military rule but I'm also sure that uncle Tu and his senate have already been obeying the real masters, what will change is the birth of new ideas......if the markets allow them to bloom. Thinking about us foreigners isn't going to be an issue for any government, we can't vote.

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

So what does he mean when he says he "respects the results"?

He respects the final result, after the referee (ie the EC)  has sin-binned the other teams and it becomes a case of last man standing wins.....

1 hour ago, Chicksaw said:

Something serious has happened. My favorite fruit seller wasn't at his spot on Rangnam. And there were very few wins on bikes. And streets looked empty. Does anyone know what's going on?

Hangovers from celebrating the MFP landslide, every BKK and Samut Prakan seat

18 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Relax mate, you lost.

Time to suck it up and put on your big boy pants.

Look on the bright side, now that the pro democracy side of Thai politics is in charge you'll be able to spend the next 20+ years critiquing their performance and, or course, there'll be many many more articles on Thaksin for you to comment on once he arrives back in Thailand.

Take a minute to grieve, then move past it.

Not going to throw a Trumpy tantrum?

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha may consider ending his political career

what political career ?, you took over the country using military force - nothing political about it, you then failed to do what you said you would do, the people have told you exactly what they think ......... ### ###

and just to remind everyone one of your first achievements was to protect you and your cronies from having to disclose financial gains while in office - how convenient while you all stuff your pockets

• Like 1

20 hours ago, h90 said:

If the courts don't cancel the two parties these 250 will have to vote for PTP or MF premier.

one way for sure not to break so called dreamed up election law - just use military foce to take control right - no election required, what do the courts think of that ?

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“He has worked for the country throughout his life and for the benefit of Thai people throughout his eight years as the prime minister. I personally believe that it is enough for him in the political arena,”

Bye Prayut...

21 hours ago, h90 said:

a) read the constitution....there is an amnesty in it

b) how did he ruin the country....in my opinion his Covid politics was pretty bad, but not worse than the majority of other countries. Else he simply did nothing....nothing good nothing bad. Didn't brake a law, wasn't corrupt as Thaksin....didn't do any reforms

100% with you on that! 

What is he supposed to have done that is so wrong ?

Steered through the way he thought best...

Didn't scam his country out of Billions in tax for a start...Kept the country going through horrendous times...

If Thaksin loves his country so much how about throwing a few billion in to help out??!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

what political career ?, you took over the country using military force - nothing political about it, you then failed to do what you said you would do, the people have told you exactly what they think ......... ### ###

and just to remind everyone one of your first achievements was to protect you and your cronies from having to disclose financial gains while in office - how convenient while you all stuff your pockets

WAKE UP!!

How wrong you are...

And watch what hopefully doesn't unfold now...

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, h90 said:

If the courts don't cancel the two parties these 250 will have to vote for PTP or MF premier.
But the bigger issue is that PTP and MF maybe broke the election laws with several cases and the parties might be disbanded. But disbanding the two biggest parties is really bad. Let them go away with braking the law is equal bad.

Interested to hear/read about these "PTP and MF maybe broke the election laws with several cases" can you please list your sources?

2 hours ago, Actually lives in Thailand said:

100% with you on that! 

Didn't scam his country out of Billions in tax for a start...Kept the country going through horrendous times...

If Thaksin loves his country so much how about throwing a few billion in to help out??!

Nutcase. 

2 hours ago, Actually lives in Thailand said:

100% with you on that! 

And he restored democracy, that he lost the election is the best proof....so he didn't seize power to be dictator.

On 5/15/2023 at 8:34 AM, h90 said:

Didn't brake a law,

So military coups are legal ? Rounding up people and detaining them at military camps for their political views is legal ?

Really ? 

If so why grant yourself and friends amnesty from future prosecution ?

Edited by Denim

4 hours ago, Actually lives in Thailand said:

100% with you on that! 

Exactly. The only thing he did wrong was not to follow the western authored "rules based order". In other words, he put Thailand first, kicked out a bunch of crooked oligarchs and preserved Thailand's delightful traditions and culture. 

Posters here who think the sky fell in under Prayuth make me laugh. They should have a look at what it's like back home these days. 

1 hour ago, h90 said:

And he restored democracy, that he lost the election is the best proof....so he didn't seize power to be dictator.

I think that the best way of describing Thailand is a 'managed democracy'. There are some guardrails that stop things from falling in a heap 

12 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

I think that the best way of describing Thailand is a 'managed democracy'. There are some guardrails that stop things from falling in a heap 

Which isn't bad...if you compare Thailand with similar countries, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar...they are doing well

• Love It 1

On 5/15/2023 at 8:43 AM, JackGats said:

What did "the voice of the people" do for us in our respective home countries beside creating feminist police states? 

In the UK that so called voice, named "the will of the people" there, gave it a bad brexit (unless you were/ are seriously rich. Those made millions from it) and loads more problems than as an EU member state which are still coming through for the ordinary guy plus increasingly far right policies from the ruling Tories.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“He has worked for the country throughout his life and for the benefit of Thai people

almost choke when reading this one.... ????????????

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, h90 said:

I don't know if you have been here during Thaksin but it was by far the worst.....I recall when he wanted to take over the sky train and as they didn't want to sale he ranted in TV that he'll buy a subway direct under them with the station next to it to bankrupt them. Or the contract with cleaning the new airport, paid in advance for many years. (On the other hand he was the only one who could finish the airport....beside being the most corrupt he was also the most efficient premier)

So you agree? You're all over the place. What was the "worst"? The corruption? Are you sure? Corruption tends not to provide receipts. Do you think the Army opens their books so you can compare the two? 

From what i remember last election freedom party got little,how things change 4 yrs later.pui thai second.who will control now.I think the military have 250 perm seats anyway.Change of gov happening,just wait for when the next thing may happen