Road Resurfacing Project Begins on Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya

snoop1130

215412-696x522.jpg

Another roadwork project began on Pattaya’s Sukhumvit Road today, May 16th, near the Ford dealership.

The repair might affect the traffic flow around the area for quite a while, said Pattaya deputy mayor Manoch Nongyai.

However, it was necessary because the road surface was in a dilapidated condition. Other spots on Sukhumvit Road would soon see similar roadworks, Manoch stated.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/05/16/road-resurfacing-project-begins-on-sukhumvit-road-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-05-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

I caught it this afternoon. It is going to be a nightmare. From Soi 89 to the traffic lights is only now one lane (instead of 4). Once through that light, you hit another lot of drainage works that brings it to 2 lanes past the PTT station too the Chaiyapruek traffic lights.

At around 4.30pm the traffic was jammed up from Tepprasit traffic lights all the way to what I described above.

Note:  The South to North side is unemcumbered.

54 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Which one...isn't there a Ford dealerships both near the entrance to the motorway (Central) and to the South near Makro....?

couchpotato has described it accurately. 

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The repair might affect the traffic flow around the area for quite a while, said Pattaya deputy mayor Manoch Nongyai.

Patts the world renowned resort, 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Which one...isn't there a Ford dealerships both near the entrance to the motorway (Central) and to the South near Makro....?

Yes , i asked the same question, its the one nearest Makro that affected

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darksidedude said:

why are they not finishing the roadworks that been going on for 2 yrs + i just don't get it whats wrong with these decision makers

I guess they want to create a new concept, called roadwork tourism, same as in 2014 they claimed to have coup d'état tourism.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The repair might affect the traffic flow around the area for quite a while,

Longer than the roadworks that has crippled traffic flow from Sattahip inwards over the last three years?

Jeez I wish these people would just steal whatever money they are going to steal instead of this constant charade of roadworks where they skim money off the top. At least then we wouldn't have to put up with perfectly good roads dug up and left for years.

Screenshot_2023-05-20-09-22-01-65.thumb.jpg.a7577333ff6899962694f83911d1e95e.jpg

On 5/17/2023 at 12:09 AM, dddave said:

Yet another endless beginning, joining Railroad Avenue, Pattaya Sai Song and Sukhumvit: Na Jomtien to Bang Saray.

Unbelievable. This is Pattaya second Rd just North of Pattaya south Rd. I thought they had just completed this part???  

20 hours ago, morrobay said:

Unbelievable. This is Pattaya second Rd just North of Pattaya south Rd. I thought they had just completed this part???  

They usually have a second or even third dig!