Is this election a new dawn for Thailand?

webfact

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I have quite enjoyed it. Building my house here, going on holiday to UK, Italy and Dubai a few times, having my lovely Thai girl partner, her daughter producing a lovely boy, 

No problems at all at Immigration for Retirement Extension using the Combination Method ie Bht 400k in the bank and Bht 40k a month from Wise which is plenty to live on.

Horrendous..........rubbish.

He probably meant horrendous for the Thai people, the Thai economy and the opportunities that have been squandered. 

But sure for you personally with no real interests outside yourself its been ok. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

Speaking for yourself. How so?

I do not agree with OP. In my opinion, the last 10 years in Thailand were the most stable  and mature period in its history. The mentality of Asian people is very different from Western. American Democracy Model is not applicable to many countries in South East Asia.

• Thumbs Up 1

I truly hope that Move Forward becomes successful, but having made so many powerful enemies before even starting is not the way to gain the support of Parliament.

With no political experience, will they overcome the underhand methods used by experienced politicos? 

If they are forced to collaborate, who will grab the most lucrative posts? Those trolls that seek power and money? 

How long before we read that Pheu Thai has stabbed them in the back? 

They are not in for an easy ride. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

A time of progressivism and freedom of speech is truly approaching.

Soon, foreigners will be free to openly and publicly criticise Thailand and Thai people with no fear of any kind of consequences. 

And pigs shall fly through the air.  Yep…..sho nuff!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

After a decade of hopelessness, Thailand welcomes back the long lost sense of hope, aspiration and optimism. 

Time to drain the swamp, get all the military guys out, all the ar$e kissers, and the fluff removal gang, the retirees and anyone else not qualified to be there.

Time to bring in some new blood.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Asquith Production said:

That's great. The old government as worked out for you in your adopted country. Would you like to ask the average Thai if they have enjoyed their government for the last 10 years?. 

My Mrs is average and says it has been OK for her, but yes, her family have struggled a bit. I shall ask again in 12 months if & when Pita is PM.

There will be no new dawn if the unelected corrupt Muppets in the senate stay loyal to their paymasters in the defeated parties which of course they most likely will as if they were to put themselves forward for election by the citizens, they wouldn't win a thing.

Another corrupt act by the masters of anti democracy all over again.

So sad these pathetic people can't put their own countries future before their own greed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bogs smith said:

you can say that again! the last 10 years have been horrendous, stagnation, people living in fear, self censoring etc etc etc.

no more! the people are no longer afraid to speak their minds.

'oh the times they are 'a changin...'

you better believe it! ????

I admire an optimist and no, I don't believe it. This morning the navy were doing gunnery practice firing in Sathahip area and several military helicopters passed over my house near Ban Amphur. He who must not be named putting his cards on the table I suspect.

• Thanks 1

After a decade of hopelessness, Thailand welcomes back the long lost sense of hope, aspiration and optimism. 

Rich and the military don't care what the people want.  I'll believe it after a couple of years of democracy. Until then I say fat chance anything will change.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Even now those protestors got their own elected party, most of these young gen demands are still fantasy anyway. They all think to get minimum wage to 700 baht right away too, some even say 1000 baht. Yet they work just as slow as always, nothing from their side improved.

Imagine for some crazy reason they actually do make it happen, it would make Thailand even more expensive than it already is today (near being over priced for many things).

Personally I do not care that much at all, I do know that it was very stable and calm here in general, under the army. That is good if wanting to attract business too.

Still one or two junta supporters on here I see. Probably received all the benefits of being brought up in a democracy. The Thais should be happy with military rule and thankful that the party they voted for was replaced by some military slite of hand with the help of a whistle blowing idiot.

Troll posts, Off-Topic posts, baiting posts and a veiled post about the Monarchy have been removed.  This Op is not about the US, about a dictatorship nor is it about anything other than: 

Is this election a new dawn for Thailand?

Just for reference:

4. You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any member of the Thai royal family whether living or deceased. You will not criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments or discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing His Majesty The King of Thailand or the Thai royal family. You will not link to or discuss any website which breaches this rule.

Continue and you could face a Ban from the forum.

3 hours ago, shackleton said:

Will be interesting to see what new reforms will be in place to revitalise the economy and Country ???? 

Wish them luck ????

I wish them luck also.

Trouble is that the rules were changed some time ago to ensure that the military always had a large say in the running of the administration.

That is likely to be the big stumbling block for the democratically elected government. I think it will be very difficult to return the full government to civilian control.

• Thumbs Up 1