Pattaya Police ban prostitution on the beach

snoop1130

50 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

"They" have been there ever since I can remember (30 years). I'm a big Pattaya lover and I'm living here on permanent basis for 26 years.

But admittedly, I'm ashamed of the city, every occasional stroll I make on beach road, to see those street hookers there. It completely degrades the image of town. And funny enough, take the same walk on Jomtien beach road, and you will find NO hookers there... So, it IS possible.

Yes, it would be a good thing to get completely rid of them, and simultaneously all of these freaks that come to beach road BECAUSE of them.

"It completely degrades the image of town." 

No, it underlines the image of this lovely family resort. You have (open air) sex businesses everywhere especially in Central Pattaya. And new bars are opening all the time. I don't have the feeling that the government has a problem with this - otherwise this wouldn't happen. Of course if there are bad stories in the news they have to react in a way that shows in the news how much they care. We know already their success in now prostitution free areas like the Walking Street. The Beach Road will be next. No, that was just a joke. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, maechanman said:

I've seen hookers many times along Jomtien Beach Rd, in fact not too long ago one of them showed me a video on her mobile of the type of services that was on offer.

Was that one of those  ones, that hang about at the top of Soi white house. :giggle:

Edited by quake

10 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I guess even if they do nothing wrong, they're still prostitutes looking for customers, which not everyone likes to see.

Similar with drug dealers.  They might be perfectly nice people, and perhaps no fuss or harm is caused, but they're still drug dealers and people don't really want to see a load of them congregating everywhere.

I suppose it's the associated atmosphere of criminality and vice in a place that they would rather have a "family image".

You cannot compare drug dealers to prostitutes, drug dealers cost peoples lives, and when caught should be locked up for years, prostitutes are only trying to make a living and do not cause harm to any sensible people who use their services.

Prostitution should be made legal within obvious limits, there are no limits for drug dealers, they are the scum of the earth.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

But..

There's no prostitution in Thailand. 

Why do you think that?  Nobody (except posters on this Forum who think they're being funny), including the police and the government, has ever said that.  There is substantial legislation which has tried to regulate the provision of sexual services and which allows 'licensed' premises to operate legally.  Aspects of prostitution like operating brothels (hence the "bar fine"), underage prostitution and soliciting (the subject of this thread) are illegal. A cursory reading of Thailand's history will show that prostitution, in different forms, has always been part of the culture.  Many Thai men have their first sexual experience with a prostitute.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Remember the girls are just trying to feed their families, so now no food on the table and rent anxiety.

Beach road girls never harass people when walking by, bar girls on the other hand don't stop

Feeding their family does not entirely cover their reasoning. Great majority of Thai girls have honest jobs and manage. Never bought the “I am doing this to support my family”. They do this because they are lazy, want to have good things without working hard, opportunistic phishing for a cash cow, want to party. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Guderian said:

Oh my gosh! What next? Will they ban tourists from wandering around the city's drains for hours on end, lol?

Au contraire.... this could well become a new attraction like the Paris sewers......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Shouldn't the headline read:

"Pattaya Police ban prostitution on the beach" AGAIN?

How many times has happened before?

There have been crackdowns on Beach Road soliciting for as long as I can remember, and I've been in Thailand for 18 years.  Mostly, they're fined and then free to go back!

3 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

"They" have been there ever since I can remember (30 years). I'm a big Pattaya lover and I'm living here on permanent basis for 26 years.

But admittedly, I'm ashamed of the city, every occasional stroll I make on beach road, to see those street hookers there. It completely degrades the image of town. And funny enough, take the same walk on Jomtien beach road, and you will find NO hookers there... So, it IS possible.

Yes, it would be a good thing to get completely rid of them, and simultaneously all of these freaks that come to beach road BECAUSE of them.

I do think u should look more closely at Jomtien beach. there are plenty of  Hookers there   at all times of day, and night,  i guess we'll be seeing a lot more there if this law is ever enforced

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone been to the beach in the last few years durning the Day time?

Did you see any thing missing?.........O like.......People......

They cut down all the shade trees and removed all the seatting to get rid of the riff-raff.......And yes the riff-raff is gone along with almost everyone else in the daylight hours.....Because it HOT HOT there.....

The beach USE TO BE a lovely place to hang out during the day time....

But the working girls proved very resilient and contiuned to go there at night.....

The Powers that BE dream of having a beach that is sterilized  and mostly devoid of people 24 hours a days.....They would love to see no one go to the beach EVER...You see then there could be no more crimes on the beach if no one went there.....

Unfortunately  for them as long as there is money to be made on beach road there will be girls there......Its been that way for the last 50 years and it will be that way for the next 50 years....

Edited by redwood1