Pattaya Police ban prostitution on the beach

snoop1130

25 minutes ago, whereyougo said:

Not by Big Joke

It takes the girls only a few seconds to move off the beach....And the beach is very long, also its open 24/7/365.............Unless they plan on patrolling the entire beach all day and night ( which will not happen EVER) expect no change...

Edited by redwood1

2 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Well done. I guess, the Indians walking there at 2 or 3 a.m. were just enjoying the night breeze...

Time for the TAT to promote Pattaya's temples as the thing to see there...

Or how about Pattayas world famous art galleries......Or Pattayas beatiful nature reserves.....Or all its old world architecture .....Or all its historical places.....etc

Nope......Pattaya does not have JACK except malls,bars, and beach road with all its welcoming Thai girls...

7 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Or how about Pattayas world famous art galleries......Or Pattayas beatiful nature reserves.....Or all its old world architecture .....Or all its historical places.....etc

Nope......Pattaya does not have JACK except malls,bars, and beach road with all its welcoming Thai girls...

You forgot the clean beaches and sea, and the pedestrian/handicapped-friendly sidewalks...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

If les girls had an education and a job I doubt they would be selling themselves in the numbers there are today. In countries like the UK the professionals tend to be  uneducated and often rather old ladies (not all) hanging around parks that portly, bald, decrepit men have no choice but to take. It is a service that is needed no doubt.

Amsterdam has at least a system that allow both sides to meet legally and I hope that is what Move Forward will try to set up.

I hope this initiative is shortlived. Never had a problem with any of the girls on Beach Road. Over the years my wife and I have taken girls for threesomes (after a 'vetting').  STDs and the possibility of theft are a problem with any girl you take back to the room - you need to take precautions.  A few of the girls we've taken multiple times and we stop and have a chat with them if we're out for an evening stroll.  If anyone should be banned from BR its the groups of Indians who encircle the girls and the boozed-up broken-down Westerners who congregate at various locations.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they really wanted to enforce the "ban", this would be so easy - simply have a policeman walk up and down the Beach Road, making it obvious they mean what they say. Those same policemen could double up and observe other aspects of law enforcement. 

Bring back the "bobby on the beat" - if there ever was such a thing in Thailand.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

So what exactly are we supposed to do at the beach now?

Or even where shall the "world" go now, when this thai "rathole" (Pattaya), will be closed for prostitution????? They think they can remake this swamp into families spending loads of money there, 55555??

5 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

You cannot compare drug dealers to prostitutes, drug dealers cost peoples lives, and when caught should be locked up for years, prostitutes are only trying to make a living and do not cause harm to any sensible people who use their services.

Prostitution should be made legal within obvious limits, there are no limits for drug dealers, they are the scum of the earth.

cardi b. 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Purdey said:

If les girls had an education and a job I doubt they would be selling themselves in the numbers there are today. In countries like the UK the professionals tend to be  uneducated and often rather old ladies (not all) hanging around parks that portly, bald, decrepit men have no choice but to take. It is a service that is needed no doubt.

Amsterdam has at least a system that allow both sides to meet legally and I hope that is what Move Forward will try to set up.

When were you last in the UK? 1964?  There are no 'old ladies' hanging around parks any more. Its done on line. Adultwork, Vivastreet etc. Most of the providers (of which there are now HUGE numbers) are young East Europeans along with a surprising number of Thai girls who manage to get a 6 month tourist visa and move from town to town. They can easily go home with ฿1-2M...

Edited by HauptmannUK

17 hours ago, bignok said:

Harrassing people and passing on stds.

if you haven't learned to smile and, maybe make a little joke in Thai, with all the different social levels of ordinary Thais, there is no hope for you here. 

2 minutes ago, paddypower said:

if you haven't learned to smile and, maybe make a little joke in Thai, with all the different social levels of ordinary Thais, there is no hope for you here. 

I joke all the time with Thais. Speak Thai. Don't associate with street workers. If you think Pattaya streets are the same as regular Thailand you should go travel some.

3 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

When were you last in the UK? 1964?  There are no 'old ladies' hanging around parks any more. Its done on line. Adultwork, Vivastreet etc. Most of the providers (of which there are now HUGE numbers) are young East Europeans along with a surprising number of Thai girls who manage to get a 6 month tourist visa and move from town to town. They can easily go home with ฿1-2M...

Not lived there since 1991 and the old ladies were hanging out around Clapham Common. You clearly know a lot about this subject.

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I guess even if they do nothing wrong, they're still prostitutes looking for customers, which not everyone likes to see.

Similar with drug dealers.  They might be perfectly nice people, and perhaps no fuss or harm is caused, but they're still drug dealers and people don't really want to see a load of them congregating everywhere.

I suppose it's the associated atmosphere of criminality and vice in a place that they would rather have a "family image".

Not necessary to throw babes out with the bathwater: Just get rid of the miscreants with the XY chromosomes

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

It takes the girls only a few seconds to move off the beach....And the beach is very long, also its open 24/7/365.............Unless they plan on patrolling the entire beach all day and night ( which will not happen EVER) expect no change...

The main part of the beach from Central to walking st and where nearly all the girls gather isnt that long and could easily be patrolled by 2 BIB in shifts.  The main problem is there needs to be an effective method of punishment to deter them and paying a fine wont work those girls are broke and desperate

• Like 1

5 hours ago, actonion said:

I do think u should look more closely at Jomtien beach. there are plenty of  Hookers there   at all times of day, and night,  i guess we'll be seeing a lot more there if this law is ever enforced

Good Jomtien is a very much nicer environment. Actually kind of like Pattaya beach used to be. You don't have to wait 30 minutes to safely cross Beach Rd. No lowlife local males on motorbikes on promenade, No endless construction projects, none of these happy ---- events on the beach one after another. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bignok said:

I joke all the time with Thais. Speak Thai. Don't associate with street workers. If you think Pattaya streets are the same as regular Thailand you should go travel some.

hahaha. I live i a small village, in NST., moved from Kamala, after the tsunami.  No street girls here. when I visit Kamala or Patong,, I am always prepared to banter a little bit with the massage parlour ladies. Young or past their prime. They still have to make a living, usually it is day to day. You can light up a whole day for a Thai, with a smile.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

then provide resources and opportunities so they don't have to walk the streets. Or, legalize prostitution and let them run their own places. 

Agree 100%. He should try to think positive. Legalizing means regular testing and so on, as in EU.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

then provide resources and opportunities so they don't have to walk the streets. Or, legalize prostitution and let them run their own places. 

There's plenty of ways for them to make money by working legally in bars, karaoke and massage places.  I suspect the Beach Road 'girls' prefer the freelance option.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol. Col. Somchai said the crackdown on beachfront prostitution followed orders from deputy police chief Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn to be more rigorous in preventing crimes against tourists.

To prevent crimes against tourists that wish to stay long-term in Thailand and have the means to do so,  he could start weeding out the Jomtien Imm office where the Dragon Lady runs her criminal racket...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1