Renewal of UK Passport using Key Visa Thailand Company

8 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes of course it was my fault that my old passport was not returned to me before I had to return to Thailand. Can't you understand plain English?

You opened yourself to these comments.  You dont plan your travel without getting all your ducks in a row, we all know that.  Sounds like your ducks were all over the lake, hence the comments. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes of course it was my fault that my old passport was not returned to me before I had to return to Thailand. Can't you understand plain English?

I am confused.  You got a new passport in the UK, but your old passport was in Thailand (with Key Visa?)  How dod you travel fro Thailand to UK without a passport?

PH

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

I'm not entirely sure that there is an "agents fee" when using the VFS service in Chiang Mai.

If there is is it's very small and well hidden.

No fee you pay what the passport is listed for on the government web site. I just received my passport back on Tuesday and took 2 days shy of 8 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Bit touchy there...

You said you weren't sure he was lying or not...I answered that for you...

I was replying to a different part of my post. You are obviously not a native English speaker, nothing against that, but no more debating please.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

I'm not entirely sure that there is an "agents fee" when using the VFS service in Chiang Mai.

If there is is it's very small and well hidden.

I renewed my passport there earlier this year and I paid what I'm fairly sure is the same price as what someone renewing their passport in Britain would pay. Plus, of course an additional courier fee to have it shipped out to Thailand.

I also paid in pounds sterling, not baht. 

VFS are not “agents”, they are an in-country service provider.  I would never pay an agent for providing any service that I can complete myself. I chose to travel to Chiang Mai, and have a wee holiday, rather than go to that awful place Bangkok.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

I am confused.  You got a new passport in the UK, but your old passport was in Thailand (with Key Visa?)  How dod you travel fro Thailand to UK without a passport?

PH

Oh dear, did I not say I was on holiday in the UK and got a new passport there? I used my old passport to get there which had a re entry permit, and the new one to come back and entered visa exempt because my old one had not arrived.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I renewed our our sons U.K. Passport using Key Visa, last year, at the time the U.K. Passport website said there was a 10 week delay

It took 16 weeks for the new Passport part of could be explained by the fact I can’t see Key Visa doing a daily run to Bangkok, it would depend on how much business they had to do in Bangkok. The cost was 5000 baht not including the the Passport Fee, I used the Credit/Debit Card for.m, Key Visa will pay the fee and you pay them in baht.

The U.K. Passport Office was recently on strike for 5 weeks, so more delays are possible.

VFS Global in Bangkok now require a DNA Test for a child’s first UK Passport, they will do the DNA for £200 or you can arrange it yourself.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Oh dear, did I not say I was on holiday in the UK and got a new passport there? I used my old passport to get there which had a re entry permit, and the new one to come back and entered visa exempt because my old one had not arrived.

Did you use the Same Day service for your new passport? Only when I got my last one (Liverpool) they handed my old passport back to me with the new one. 

Am planning on doing the same next year but if I need to hang around in the UK for the old passport to be returned then I’ll get it done in Thailand instead. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dick turpin said:

HMPO will make payment deduction immediately on receipt

of application in the UK, which suggests delay in submitting 

to VFS at this end. Out of interest, who told you your photos

we're not acceptable HMPO, VFS or Key Visa.  

HMPO directly. 

Fortunately I was in the UK at the time so managed to get new photos to them the same day.

My application can only have taken a maximum of 4 weeks to get from me to the Passport Office, as that was when they took the money out of my bank account.

It was a further 10 weeks until I got the email saying that my photos were unacceptable.

It think that pretty clearly shows where the delay was!!

2 hours ago, Phulublub said:

To be clear:

You travelled to UK on your old passport, that had a re-entry stamp.  While there you got a new passport Your old passport went...where?  How was Key Visa in any way to blame for its non return? 

If they were not (and I cannot think of a single reason why they would be), then it is nothing to do with them that you returned to Thailand visa exempt.  After you do that, you are stuck and do indeed need to restart the long term visa process.  I have recounted above a (different) experiene with KV, but despite my lack of enthusiasm for them, see no reason to leave you to bad mouth them for events that were not of their making.

PH

Where did I blame Key Visa for passport? It was the passport service in the UK who were to blame. As you seem to be incapable of understanding anything, this debate is finished. I will not answer any more of your posts on this subject. 

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Did you use the Same Day service for your new passport? Only when I got my last one (Liverpool) they handed my old passport back to me with the new one. 

Am planning on doing the same next year but if I need to hang around in the UK for the old passport to be returned then I’ll get it done in Thailand instead. 

Yes, that will be the best thing to do, that is what I will do next time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

How about passing on your valuable knowledge to help other members.

I for one am renewing my passport this year and would be interested to see it.

This thread has nothing to do with my passport. It is other things that have happened that I cannot mention because of the defamation law.

Whether passport applications are submitted to VFS Bangkok or Chiang mai an appointment has to be made to submit. I believe Bangkok VFS accepts applications every weekday other than between 12.00 -1.00pm, whilst CM does not accept every day. When requesting an appointment is it requested that 3 days/times are indicated. If a popular time is chosen then the appointment is often fixed 10 or more days in advance and not necessarily as requested.  All the recent Thai holidays have also slowed things down at this end.

10 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

This thread has nothing to do with my passport. It is other things that have happened that I cannot mention because of the defamation law.

Then why bring it up in a passport renewal thread, and imply that Key Visa had mishandled the process?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Maybe you should just stick to your smartphone instead of that nonsense. You are on a forum.

Look mate, firstly, you cast doubt on a legit agent, in one short sentence, without any real explanation.  Then you post the reason, which was clearly your fault.  I have used Key Visa for a number of services over the last 7 years and I have found them trustworthy, honest and reliable. They did the leg work for my yearly extension only last week  Expect to get challenged, with counter experiences, on this public forum,  if you tell stories and make comments as you did.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

UK passport office is taking on average 8 week to process application IN UK  and sometimes longer its very random some people are getting them in 2 weeks .

And the sensible thing to do is start the process 12 months before your old one expires.  Reason, because you normally need 6 months validity on it to avoid issues with immigrations. That gives a good buffer in case the muppets in the Passport Office screw up, WFH, go on strike, Go Slow (as if that could be possible), or just generally fxxx up, which, being a UK government Agency  they can easily do.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Look mate, firstly, you cast doubt on a legit agent, in one short sentence, without any real explanation.  Then you post the reason, which was clearly your fault.  I have used Key Visa for a number of services over the last 7 years and I have found them trustworthy, honest and reliable. They did the leg work for my yearly extension only last week  Expect to get challenged, with counter experiences, on this public forum,  if you tell stories and make comments as you did.

I have to be careful about the defamation law, I thought they were good to deal with too and they may be now. If I told you what Darren McGarry really did to me you would not believe me.

47 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I have to be careful about the defamation law, I thought they were good to deal with too and they may be now. If I told you what Darren McGarry really did to me you would not believe me.

Can a dead person sue for defamation?

Edited by brewsterbudgen

7 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

If I were to spend 5000 bht on a Visa service. I would expect that they would ensure the photos were  correct as a mimimun.

I would hazard to suggest the person who is primarily responsible for ensuring the the photos meet HMPO standard is the the applicant. The guidelines on their website are quite clear.

Edited by Moonlover