Smoothie blender

BenStark

Anyone bought a smoothie blender at a reasonable price from Lazada that doesn't smoke, leak or wake up the neighbours at the end of the village?

If yes, please post a link to the product here.

Don't want to spend big bucks, but I'm afraid that those below 1000 baht are not worth considering.

I know I can look at the reviews, but arrived on time, good price, haven't used it yet are not really useful.

• Like 1

I had a nutribullet. Dont use it anymore. Smoothies with lots of fruit equal lots of sugar. I just use a shaker now and add protein powder with low sugar. More energy, less sugar. Less hassle and more healthy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, bignok said:

I had a nutribullet. Dont use it anymore. Smoothies with lots of fruit equal lots of sugar. I just use a shaker now and add protein powder with low sugar. More energy, less sugar. Less hassle and more healthy. 

It's not working if you're still overweight, i eat loads of carbs and fruit and add sugar and am slim and healthy

31 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Philips blenders are reliable, IIRC about 700 baht when I bought mine about 8 years ago. Still going strong.

Agree, I purchased one about 6 years ago for smoothies etc. Stong performer, acceptable noise level and no issues.  Reasonable price too!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Philips blenders are reliable, IIRC about 700 baht when I bought mine about 8 years ago. Still going strong.

I have a Philips but they are only 700 Watt, while I see smoothie blenders are like 3 - 4000 Watt. So I think that makes a difference

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's not working if you're still overweight, i eat loads of carbs and fruit and add sugar and am slim and healthy

You need to donate your body to science so we can try and understand why some lucky few are like that. It seems your body can sense that evil weed wheat and dispense of it effectively. Are you allergic to or have any adverse affects to any kinds of foods? Btw to stay on topic. I use a bullet type blender 1000w. As long as you go high in wattage you are good.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

This one is good, powerful, strong, circ 500 baht, don't buy the 200+ baht one it won't last long.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.jRc4H

Screenshot_2023-05-18-04-17-22-033_com.lazada.android.jpg

I have a Kenwood compact processor/blender. Seven years old now, used very regularly and no problems at all. 

By the way, it is ONLY 1000watts as compared with the one shown @ 4500 watts. Kinnel, that will put your lekky bill up! 555

• Thumbs Up 2

Quite some time ago, I remember having seen a demonstration (TV I think) of a powerful blender that made my jaws drop. The guy stuffed solid pieces of wood into the blender and it took them all apart.

I think it was a "Blendtec" brand - with a nearly 4 hp motor. I do not remember the price exactly, but I think it was very very expensive (enthusiast range). But if you want to go for the best you normally need to spend money. Might be as well made in the US - typical heavy duty, big and powerful as they used to make things over there. Not a China thingy that falls apart after a few smoothies.

We have a WMF-blender. Solid European Quality but in terms of power it has its limitations.

3 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

You need to donate your body to science so we can try and understand why some lucky few are like that. It seems your body can sense that evil weed wheat and dispense of it effectively. Are you allergic to or have any adverse affects to any kinds of foods? Btw to stay on topic. I use a bullet type blender 1000w. As long as you go high in wattage you are good.

I don't think it's luck, I'm careful what i eat like most slim people. High carb low fat works for me, with a focus on minimising fatty junk, everyone should try

5 hours ago, BenStark said:

Thanks, can I presume you are using one like this?

By the way, why your link says 469 baht while mine shows 509?

Yes it's very good, good quality, i also tried a cheaper one which died after trying to blend too much ice. The one above much more powerful. I get discounts, i thought everyone did

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't think it's luck, I'm careful what i eat like most slim people. High carb low fat works for me, with a focus on minimising fatty junk, everyone should try

How much do you bench press? How far can you walk in a day?

On 5/18/2023 at 7:27 AM, BritManToo said:

4000W is just fake numbers.

Philips is easily the best.

Phillips for sure, as you and others have said

4000W is ludicrous.

The OP is way over-thinking this .