Re-entry flight ticket issues encountered with immigration

"I realise ultimately I should get a more long term visa, but I don't want to use a scamming agent and don't want to break the bank in acquiring something."

And I realize that your narrative is straight out of ignorance.

Unless of course you know of a list of 'good Agents', and a list of "scamming agents".

Many threads on this topic. But now I will not take the time to educate you on this subject. Research it on your own.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, truthfix said:

& they said there was a note on their system to check!

I think this is the most serious part of your long post. 

IF immigration has the ability to make these types of notes on people's records (can anybody else confirm, please?), and if this is on your file, I think you will have serious problems in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

OP you’ve got some good information… ..suggest going to an agents office if available in 

city you reside and ask them what options they have to fit your needs. It won’t cost you anything 

and may help …. make sure to use an agent that’s recommended…

Good luck 

• Thumbs Up 1

Easy read any Royal Thai Embassy's Websites, Visa Information, after everything is cleared. Thai Immigration Websites shows also Entrance procedure. Farang should learning accept Thailand Visa Rules. ???????? Thai travellers never have problem with EU Schengen Visa Travel Rules

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rwill said:

and yet using scamming agents that sell you airline tickets you don't actually have is ok.

If you are living off of your savings with no income and don't have enough to meet the visa financial requirements I'd say your going to be in trouble eventually.

'and yet using scamming agents that sell you airline tickets you don't actually have is ok'... Not sure why you're presuming things as i've not mentioned that was a course of action that I took!

And yes I agree with your 2nd point, that is why I'm seeking advice from others as to how to proceed.

2 hours ago, DJ54 said:

OP you’ve got some good information… ..suggest going to an agents office if available in 

city you reside and ask them what options they have to fit your needs. It won’t cost you anything 

and may help …. make sure to use an agent that’s recommended…

Good luck 

Awesome! Nice to get a positive msg with good advice! Thanks, have a great day!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

I think this is the most serious part of your long post. 

IF immigration has the ability to make these types of notes on people's records (can anybody else confirm, please?), and if this is on your file, I think you will have serious problems in the future.

Yeah I agree, somebody else mentioned that getting the 30 day extension shouldn't pose any issues but leaving the country and then returning will be an issue so I need to decide on a visa to move forward with. I see the note on the system as a warning to myself really, which I'm grateful for! Much better than being refused entry etc!

5 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

"I realise ultimately I should get a more long term visa, but I don't want to use a scamming agent and don't want to break the bank in acquiring something."

And I realize that your narrative is straight out of ignorance.

Unless of course you know of a list of 'good Agents', and a list of "scamming agents".

Many threads on this topic. But now I will not take the time to educate you on this subject. Research it on your own.

You realised nothing! But merely assumed! I don't understand why you would choose to jump to conclusions, when I first mentioned scamming agents, something that does exist, I was referring to my own experience enquiring about the same visa with different agents and some, the price was far higher, not on a parr with others, so I think I don't need to explain myself further, but assuming I'm ignorant when I'm stating facts from my experience is simply ignorance from your side and an exercise in time wastage for me to reply to you!

Your time and your tone was not warranted and I'll thank you to not waste my time further and seriously hope in time you can establish that if you have problems then you should address them rather than projected your crap onto others!!!!!!

2 hours ago, truthfix said:

'and yet using scamming agents that sell you airline tickets you don't actually have is ok'... Not sure why you're presuming things as i've not mentioned that was a course of action that I took!

And yes I agree with your 2nd point, that is why I'm seeking advice from others as to how to proceed.

I don't know how much money you have but there are investments that can give you monthly income.  JEPI pays around 17%p.a..  TSLY pays around 30%p.a.. but has a very short history and could be risky.  You need to check stuff out on your own and determine how much risk you are willing to take.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

It's a free market concept... shop around and find the fee that you can afford... if you cannot afford it quit whining and do it yourself... maybe reconsider retiring until you can afford to do so.

I've never whined nor mentioned I was retired, people have assumed so as I'm over 50! I've merely asked what visa options there are moving forward.

5 hours ago, truthfix said:

I've never whined nor mentioned I was retired, people have assumed so as I'm over 50! I've merely asked what visa options there are moving forward.

Maybe we assumed that you were seeking a retirement visa because you mentioned not being able to deposit 800000 baht which is one threshold for such a visa... keep working until you can come up with it... it's only $23000usd or $31000cd... not allot if planning to live here... I shopped around and found a good agent for a reasonable rate and had no hassles... there no free lunch and you get what you pay for... you sound like you are living on a shoestring and cannot afford to live where you are and think that you shoulld be abke to come to Thailand and live on a shoestring and not have to pay for anything as well. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2023 at 6:54 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Maybe we assumed that you were seeking a retirement visa because you mentioned not being able to deposit 800000 baht which is one threshold for such a visa... keep working until you can come up with it... it's only $23000usd or $31000cd... not allot if planning to live here... I shopped around and found a good agent for a reasonable rate and had no hassles... there no free lunch and you get what you pay for... you sound like you are living on a shoestring and cannot afford to live where you are and think that you shoulld be abke to come to Thailand and live on a shoestring and not have to pay for anything as well. 

No... that's not the case and so many people here are incredibly judgemental. For the most part people don't read the previous msgs. I mentioned I no longer have 800,000 baht to hand as a person had mentioned that requirement regarding the retirement visa yes. I'm far from a shoestring budget but have investments in place, so as to why you make such an assumption regarding myself having the outlook of not being able to live where I am and I shouldn't have to pay for anything is a ludicrous leap of imagination on your part.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, truthfix said:

No... that's not the case and so many people here are incredibly judgemental. For the most part people don't read the previous msgs. I mentioned I no longer have 800,000 baht to hand as a person had mentioned that requirement regarding the retirement visa yes. I'm far from a shoestring budget but have investments in place, so as to why you make such an assumption regarding myself having the outlook of not being able to live where I am and I shouldn't have to pay for anything is a ludicrous leap of imagination on your part.

You have basically complained throughout your entire thread.

In your OP you asked for best visa option.

Your choices are simple .

Non O retirement and subsequent annual extensions.

Being the most common.

I won't even mention PE (elite) visa 

And LTV. 

So back to non O and extensions based on retirement.

The financial requirements are simple.

Your UK embassy does not provide income letter so you would need to show 12 months of 65k/month transfers.

OR

You use money in the bank method. Simple.

Do want to use either of those methods then use an agent.

Don't want that then obtain a ME Non O retirement (12 months visa). 

That can be obtained eVisa in UK or at Savannakhet 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1