British family offer reward for their 17-year-old boy to be ‘detained on sight’ after he went missing in Thailand’s ‘Sin City’ Pattaya

webfact

He's probably like an 8 yo in a lolly shop. The darker Thai ladies could find his white skin very attractive.

I just hope he has the sense to put a glove on his tallywhacker.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

In the UK after age 16 your parents have no say in what you do.

What are they thinking? A 16 Yr young isn't an adult .

It's no wonder that that there are so many Young people  acting stupid , they do what they want , They don't take to guidance kindly. Young dumb and Full off it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Cannot book a hotel in Thailand at 17.  Considered a minor... 

Likely found someone to stay with and is having a grand ole time! 

If that is true could have booked in with a female adult

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:
4 hours ago, watchcat said:

At the age of 17 he's not even allowed in a bar. What else is "fun" in Pattaya?

Not true, as long as he doesn't drink alcohol I have seen many with their parents there, it's a family friendly resort init.

20 minutes ago, digger70 said:

What are they thinking? A 16 Yr young isn't an adult .

It's no wonder that that there are so many Young people  acting stupid , they do what they want , They don't take to guidance kindly. Young dumb and Full off it.

Speak for yourself. I left home at 16, worked, supported myself, etc. etc. It was the best decision I ever made. I was already more mature then a lot of supposed adults I meet now, many of whom are still dumb and full off it despite being decades older. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, shackleton said:

17 years old was with parents in Bangkok probably board

Maybe off to sample the delights of Pattaya 

As already mentioned once the money runs ????‍♂️ out he will go running back to his parents ???? 

Where does it state he was with his parents, this story is so forked up, one report said he arrived on the 12th another his uncle left on that day. NO mention of parents.

Just now, picctrainop said:

That’s Not True… Parents Have To Give Written Permission For Their Children To Travel Alone Under The Age Of Eighteen…

Is that a special rule for Thailand? I've had 16 & 17 year old relatives travel on their own from the UK to visit me in other countries. None of them needed written permission from anyone. They are all over 18 now, so I don't know if travel to Thailand is different. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Detain on sight? That's questionable at best and might be outright illegal.

Chances are he's fine and just enjoying a little time off from his family.

Fingers crossed that it will end well for all concerned. 

10,000?  to hold down and detain...which would likely require some "softening" prior.

Sounds more like they less interested in getting him back and giving him a good *ss-beating that would be illegal for the parent to do back home to deliver, and be able to give him an "I told you so" as well.