Luxury Car with Red License Plate Involved in Hit-and-Run Incident, Leaving woman with a Disfigured Face

webfact

Based on reading the title of story is incorrect. 

It was the Vespa that has the red plate. 

If BIB really want to do their job retract the road and after the incident I sure there are more cameras 

This vehicle was certainly imported start with custom I take a wild guess won't have to go back too far.  The only road block not finding out is the victim was only driving a Vespa. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its common place from every facet of Thailands society... 

... The first response is to avoid ‘blame’ at all accounts... on the roads this generally means escaping wherever possible. 

.. Escaping the scene of an accident, i.e. hit & run is such common places its actually news worthy when this doesn't occur. 

Its often not to avoid blame but to avoid an angry mob taking the law into their own hands. I've known two farang to get beaten up after stopping at an accident scene, and one wasn't even responsible for the accident. 

It would be foolish for foreigners to stop in many accident situations, better to drive to the police station and tell them what happened. Of course, if the person could be helped, better to stop. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Based on reading the title of story is incorrect. 

It was the Vespa that has the red plate. 

If BIB really want to do their job retract the road and after the incident I sure there are more cameras 

This vehicle was certainly imported start with custom I take a wild guess won't have to go back too far.  The only road block not finding out is the victim was only driving a Vespa. 

Sorry for her BUT was she wearing  crash helmit ? Please tell all women that wearing a crash helmit protects your beautiful face as well as the brain in your head, for women that seems to be the order of importance, no offence meant.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kennw said:

Sorry for her BUT was she wearing  crash helmit ? Please tell all women that wearing a crash helmit protects your beautiful face as well as the brain in your head, for women that seems to be the order of importance, no offence meant.

So actually what you are implying is that the it's ok to hit a women on a bike if she's wearing a helmet. Amazing logic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mikebell said:

IF Plod's heart was in this search, the Aston Martin's driver would be arrested within an hour.  They managed to track four jailbreakers over 500 kms + a change of vehicle.  A prominent (AKA rich) local however is another matter.

My thoughts exactly. Police have probably already tracked down the owner of the car, a big fat brown envelope has changed hands and everything will be swept under the carpet, with the police claiming they can’t find the car of the owner. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Henryford said:

How many white Aston Martins are there in Sattahip, 1 or 2? Should be easy to follow up.

If they (police) hurry up they should trace the car if it has damages from the collision.

10 hours ago, couchpotato said:

So actually what you are implying is that the it's ok to hit a women on a bike if she's wearing a helmet. Amazing logic.

Actually, he didn't, you did!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Take the  car sell it  and give proceeds to the lady they tried to kill.

So if you drive an expensive car, the law should be different for you. 

What nonsense, there's a lot of jealous people here and on this thread. 

The value of the car should have NO influence on the accident or compensation. If it had been a 30 year old pickup we wouldn't be discussing it. 

Same as the red bull guy, who has hounded by the international press for years, ruining his life. Again, if a poor farmer kills a motorcycle rider when drunk, the fine is 50k baht, happens all the time. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

So if you drive an expensive car, the law should be different for you. 

What nonsense, there's a lot of jealous people here and on this thread. 

The value of the car should have NO influence on the accident or compensation. If it had been a 30 year old pickup we wouldn't be discussing it. 

Same as the red bull guy, who has hounded by the international press for years, ruining his life. Again, if a poor farmer kills a motorcycle rider when drunk, the fine is 50k baht, happens all the time. 

You make it sound like it’s perfectly okay to do a hit and run or kill someone with your car. Just pay the 50,000 baht fine and be on your way again. Happens all the time, so what’s everyone getting to worked up about.

PS: you don’t happen to own a white Aston Martin, do you?

• Thumbs Up 1

Nearly a week later this guy hasn't been caught or if he has, was it just a B500 fine, slap on the hand and a wai.

As I said previously, join the Bentley driver.

Sickening.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BenStark said:

Yes that is what they "should" do.

I once had a motorbike with red plate crash in the back of my car, and then do a runner. I had the number so went to report it.

Police lady at the desk pretended not be able to check to who the plate belonged, but I heard her say Mityon to her colleague.

So I went to Mityon myself, and they admitted that it was their plate, but unable to check to who they had given it.

1 month later I got a call from the police that they had "found" the owner, and was invited to the police station.

There I met the young guy and his father, with the undamaged motorbike. Both bike and driver matched the description, but the father claimed that I made false report, and even attempted to assault me there and then on the parking of the police station

Dash-Cam for bikes !!!...

I have a forward and rear facing cam for such purposes...  Innov K2

Its not quite 360 cover... but it's not far off....

Its just install and forget...  its always on when the ingition is on so there’s no worrying about charging a go-pro etc... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsVNIiD2Bwo

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

You make it sound like it’s perfectly okay to do a hit and run or kill someone with your car. Just pay the 50,000 baht fine and be on your way again. Happens all the time, so what’s everyone getting to worked up about.

PS: you don’t happen to own a white Aston Martin, do you?

No, he doesnt make it sound like that at all..... Thats just you projecting in a flawed attempt to point score. 

The penalty should be the same for anyone... its that simple.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No, he doesnt make it sound like that at all..... Thats just you projecting in a flawed attempt to point score. 

Of course the penalty should not be the same for anyone. Sometimes it’s ‘just an accident’, and sometimes it’s an arrogant d*ck who’s speeding and undertaking while texting on his phone. Circumstances do matter. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

Of course the penalty should not be the same for anyone. Sometimes it’s ‘just an accident’, and sometimes it’s an arrogant d*ck who’s speeding and undertaking while texting on his phone. Circumstances do matter. 

Of course it should.... you are describing two different events where the cause and fault is quite different - thats a different argument. 

Under the ‘same circumstances’ the penalty for anyone, wealthy or poor should be the same. 

Of course it should.... you are describing two different events where the cause and fault is quite different - thats a different argument. 

Under the ‘same circumstances’ the penalty for anyone, wealthy or poor should be the same. 

There are countless hiso’s who have a very obnoxious ‘don’t you know who I am?’ attitude, and demand a preferential treatment just because they’re rich and powerful, and they expect to get off light no matter how badly they screwed up. IMO, it’s quite okay to come down hard on those people, harder than on some poor schlob who’s just trying to get to work in time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It should fit the person and the crime and serve to denture a repeat - equal effect.  A 50k fine for rice worker is half a years pay - for hi-so nothing more than one less night on the town.  Equal effect?  No.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

There are countless hiso’s who have a very obnoxious ‘don’t you know who I am?’ attitude, and demand a preferential treatment just because they’re rich and powerful, and they expect to get off light no matter how badly they screwed up. IMO, it’s quite okay to come down hard on those people, harder than on some poor schlob who’s just trying to get to work in time. 

Are there ???...  Or is that just you projecting how wealthy people behave because of an ayhole minority ?

There are also countless feckless-fools who have no concept of safety and drive like utter tools.... 

No one should be getting off with reckless, irresponsible or dangerous behaviour on the roads. 

AND... the poor schlob who’s 'just trying to get to work in time’ is placing innocent others at risk just as a hi-so who’s driving recklessly.

This idea that just because someone is wealthier they deserve harsher punishment is flawed. 

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

It should fit the person and the crime and serve to denture a repeat - equal effect.  A 50k fine for rice worker is half a years pay - for hi-so nothing more than one less night on the town.  Equal effect?  No.

Thats also the argument in Finland... I disagree with it... Additionally, I don't believe penalties should be on a ‘monetary’ only basis - this is where the points and a ban system should be in-place with physical incarceration for those who continue to flout the law. 

The issue of course, as always, is the utter apathy of enforcement in the first place. 

• Thumbs Up 1