Dear Tiktokers and YouTubers coming to Thailand

webfact

17 hours ago, WHansen said:

The piece was by the Thai Enquirer

17 hours ago, WHansen said:

The piece was by the Thai Enquirer

Yes, I made a GIGANTIC mistake, and I apologize to Thaiger. Maybe a senior moment.

That said, all of my comments stand, just re-directed at one of the few "sources" here actually worse than Thaiger, ThaiEnquirer.

Thanks for highlighting my attribution error - I will be more cautious in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/23/2023 at 9:58 AM, norbra said:

Tottaly agree. They are digital beggers for wont of a better word.

You probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the hippies discovering Thailand back in the 60s.

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Yes, I made a GIGANTIC mistake, and I apologize to Thaiger. Maybe a senior moment.

That said, all of my comments stand, just re-directed at one of the few "sources" here actually worse than Thaiger, ThaiEnquirer.

Thanks for highlighting my attribution error - I will be more cautious in the future.

I wonder if reposting other news sources, this forum is losing members to them. 

On 5/23/2023 at 10:37 AM, bogs smith said:

if thailand is so good at everything as these brainwashed nationalists seem to think, if their culture is so rich and unique and full of colorful flavors, then why do they lag behind in almost every aspect of human development? Education, freedom, democracy, infrastructure, free speech, minimum wage, social welfare the list goes on and on.

Thailand is still a developing country. please ditch these nonsensical, hysterical beliefs that Thailand is somehow special. It's not. It is bog standard, middle of the road, sunday carvery for two on a discount voucher and probably always will be.

Thailand and thai people need to know and fully comprehend their true place on the world stage: that is just above Albania and just below Serbia.

They give no examples of this offensive disrespect though do they? All the ones I see are praising (crappy) street food, night markets, tuk tuks, Wat Po, full moon parties and of course sex workers and endless walks down soi 6, boring old farts who have been here decades giving their laughable advice and idiots feeding soi dogs. Luckily these people hardly ever see Thai culture to disrespect at all. Last 5 days went to OTOP concerts at Central mall in BKK, some great singers, Thai dancing and fantastic Grammy dancers, how many vloggers, or tourists do you think were around? It's always the same, music is the heart and soul of Thai culture, but not disrespected by these idiots so far, luckily they fell in love with street food on the way!

One notable exception are a small number of Japanese, fanatical Thai music fans, I could not keep up with them, even the ones as old as me.

Edited by proton

On 5/23/2023 at 12:29 PM, bignok said:

Only in some cities.

Probably got to agree with you there, as I don't get to too many cities these days in Thailand. 

Thanks for your comment, I must say, I'm Damm jealous, where are you living, I'd like to move away from these annoying foreigners, find some good ones. 

Luckyyou, enjoy your quality days ????

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Probably got to agree with you there, as I don't get to too many cities these days in Thailand. 

Thanks for your comment, I must say, I'm Damm jealous, where are you living, I'd like to move away from these annoying foreigners, find some good ones. 

Luckyyou, enjoy your quality days ????

Be in Loei tomorrow.

On 5/23/2023 at 10:42 AM, Celsius said:

You seem to be triggered by the fact that Thailand allows other foreigners besides yourself.

Somehow in your head you imagined that livin' the dream only belongs to you.

Thailand does exactly what it wants and there is nothing you can do about it. There will only be more "foreigners" in the future. So start making plans.

Oops, looks like I offended you, sorry for that. 

It's clear by your comment that you are one of those moaning, whinging and whining foreigners who are never happy 

I say to you, no one is forcing you to stay here in Thailand, you are free to go. 

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Oops, looks like I offended you, sorry for that. 

It's clear by your comment that you are one of those moaning, whinging and whining foreigners who are never happy 

I say to you, no one is forcing you to stay here in Thailand, you are free to go. 

Where do you live? 

Just now, bignok said:

Where do you live? 

Sadly Pattaya. 

It's been my home for over 20 years, it's always had it's awful foreigners, blowing horn in traffic, yelling and screaming, being nasty and rude to the Thais but there are too many here now. 

• Haha 1

On 5/23/2023 at 9:53 AM, webfact said:

Our culture is rich, diverse, and deserves to be treated with utmost respect.

respect is earned not given. 

On 5/23/2023 at 9:53 AM, webfact said:

We also have our own unique customs, traditions, and way of life that have been passed down through generations. 

are you also proud to include the ones you DON'T want to talk about ??

you know the corruption the greed the entitlement the scams the lying the scheming. etc etc etc. 

are you proud to stand by the thai culture of coups and military control ? do elaborate. 

This person comments about respect,  but say these people have low IQ. I'm  sure the thai man that made his thai/farang girl friend eat dog poop, killed 6 dogs and abused her has your respect.  Wonderful traditions I think not. This backward thinking is what gives thailand a black eye.