Speeding pickup truck flips on Si Rat expressway – driver dies in collision

snoop1130

1684870886333.jpg

A high-speed collision involving a pickup truck on the Si Rat Expressway in Bangkok resulted in the vehicle flipping over and the driver tragically losing his life. The incident occurred at the expressway’s entrance near Ngamwongwan Road, where the pickup truck was found completely wrecked.

The accident involved an Isuzu D-Max, which collided with a cement barrier due to excessive speed, as indicated by the 150 kilometres per hour reading on the broken speedometer. Following the collision, the vehicle overturned and landed below the elevated expressway.

The 30 year old driver, identified as Jakraphong, sustained fatal injuries after being thrown from the vehicle. On the ground beneath the elevated road, police found his body with broken arms and legs. Jakraphong was carrying an employee identification card at the time of the accident.

By Samantha Rose

Top photo caption: PHOTO via Sanook

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/pickup-truck-flips-at-150-km-h-on-sri-rat-expressway-driver-dies-in-collision-2

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

RIP fella; When you hit a concrete barrier at 150 kph, when possibly not wearing a seat belt, you are asking an awful lot of the vehicle's air-bags.

Another senseless and unnecessary loss of life, but at least he didn't take anyone else with him 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The 30 year old driver, identified as Jakraphong, sustained fatal injuries after being thrown from the vehicle. On the ground beneath the elevated road, police found his body with broken arms and legs.

Suicide jockey.... 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

RIP fella; When you hit a concrete barrier at 150 kph, when possibly not wearing a seat belt, you are asking an awful lot of the vehicle's air-bags.

Another senseless and unnecessary loss of life, but at least he didn't take anyone else with him 

Depends on the year of the D-Max, the base models were not fitted with airbags or ABS until the last model

11 minutes ago, ignis said:

Depends on the year of the D-Max, the base models were not fitted with airbags or ABS until the last model

That's true but I'm a owner of a MUX, but the ABS is not comparable with the one used in German cars, in the German cars are much better, in my car I can still hear the tires squealing when I have to run briskly, and this also applies to Toyota.

I went to the dealer with the problem, but they found no defect.