Devastating Pattaya motorbike crash claims life of 34 year old Korean bar manager”

snoop1130

Korean-motorcycle-crash.jpg

A tragic accident occurred in Pattaya when a 34 year old Korean man, known locally as a bar manager and expatriate, lost his life in a motorbike crash. The incident took place in front of Pattaya 7 School, where the man collided with a roadwork sign early in the morning.

Rescue workers from the Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Foundation arrived at the scene at 4am to find the victim unconscious on the road. Despite their best efforts, they were unable to resuscitate him. The man’s identity has been withheld, pending notification of his family and embassy by the relevant authorities.

The accident site revealed the fallen motorbike and a large red construction sign, which the victim had crashed into. His body was subsequently moved to a local hospital. Police are currently examining CCTV footage from the area to determine the exact cause of the collision.

On Saturday, another foreign driver lost control of his motorbike in Pattaya and died.

At 3.30pm, officers at Mueang Pattaya Police Station were informed of a fatal accident on Jomtien Second Road in Nong Prue subdistrict, Bang Lamung district, Pattaya City. Police rushed to the scene with rescue workers from Pattaya’s Sawang Boriboon Thammasat Foundation.

At the scene of the accident, police found a grey Honda CB 300 motorbike with a Bangkok registration plate lying in the middle of the road surrounded by scattered bike fragments. The front of the vehicle was demolished.

By Top

Caption: Photo via เอ.อี.ซี นิวส์ พัทยา

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/korean-expat-and-bar-manager-dies-in-pattaya-motorbike-accident

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

And so it continues, motorcycle deaths are numerous, you'd think the government would do something positive in the realm of real training before issuing a license..

No government in the world can stop the carnage when there are so many factors that can lead to such outcome and i don't need to start counting them here.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ezzra said:

No government in the world can stop the carnage when there are so many factors that can lead to such outcome and i don't need to start counting them here.

Yes, a large unlit roadworks sign in the road is such a factor, but take it away and we just have a large unmarked hole... which is what we often had years ago. Such is progress. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ADog said:

I got caught doing 80 MPH, on a motorway in England (8pm with no one in sight), got a fine of circa £140 coming and 3 points.

No fan of speed cameras as a money earner, but Thailand could do with them absolutely everywhere to save best part of 20000 lives per annum, not to mention all those crippled and brain damaged.

It isn't the govts job to prevent single motorcycle accident fatalities. It is your personal choice and responsibility 

And reducing speed would hardly be a factor. If everyone was reduced to 50 kmh everywhere, a collision is still like hitting something at 100 kmh

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, a large unlit roadworks sign in the road is such a factor, but take it away and we just have a large unmarked hole... which is what we often had years ago. Such is progress. 

Wondered if unlit too... but seems to be a number of broken tube lights at sign in photo... were they on? Who knows....

I'd put my money on too fast with too little attention. He was driving a Honda CB300, which seems to be a favorite among suicide jockeys.....

3 hours ago, Emster23 said:

He was driving a Honda CB300, which seems to be a favorite among suicide jockeys.....

It doesn’t mention what make or model of bike he was riding. The Honda CB300 was the bike being ridden by the guy in the other accident on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

It isn't the govts job to prevent single motorcycle accident fatalities. It is your personal choice and responsibility 

And reducing speed would hardly be a factor. If everyone was reduced to 50 kmh everywhere, a collision is still like hitting something at 100 kmh

All those single accidents add up to 20,000 people dying per annum, what if you're the innocent bystander and a bike/car with someone driving like a fool or drunk hits you, does the govt have to do anything about preventing this?

I live in England which is a police state, with govt financially raping working people, so i'm no fan of big govt and endless govt intervention, but sometimes govt intervention is needed and many things need to be done to drastically reduce those numbers, as it has done for years.

Numbers of deaths/injuries dropped in the UK when wearing seatbelts became compulsory, hardly a drastic measure, and the attituded towards drink driving changed thanks to state sponsored advertising, an activity most drinkers participated in either frequently or now and again.

16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not in this case, the accompanying photo clearly shows a large, illuminated (pre-smash) sign.

The picture does not show me that it is illuminated before the accident.....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not in this case, the accompanying photo clearly shows a large, illuminated (pre-smash) sign.

The picture does not show me that it is illuminated before the accident.....

That's why I said pre-smash but neither does it show that it wasn't illuminated.

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's why I said pre-smash but neither does it show that it wasn't illuminated.

I know that, but it still does not change the fact you do not know whether it was illuminated pre-crash either. Seems likely it wasn't with a person riding into it!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I know that, but it still does not change the fact you do not know whether it was illuminated pre-crash either. Seems likely it wasn't with a person riding into it!

You do not know whether it was not illuminated pre-crash either.  Seems just as likely that it was illuminated...just because someone collided with it doesn't mean that it couldn't be clearly seen.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You do not know whether it was not illuminated pre-crash either.  Seems just as likely that it was illuminated...just because someone collided with it doesn't mean that it couldn't be clearly seen.

If it was illuminated... that certainly does mean it could be clearly seen....and avoided...although the yellow beacon appears to be off. 

Edited by jacko45k

A bar manager at 4 AM in the morning (after duty).

A well lit road and multiple signs showing to turn to the inside lane.

Scooting along the outer lane obviously quite fast.

I find the discussion about visibility of the sign incidental.

Lehet, hogy egy kép erről: 2 ember, út, utca és , szöveg, amely így szól: „ใช้ทางเลี่ยง ใช้ทางเลียง”

On 5/25/2023 at 6:31 AM, hotchilli said:

And so it continues, motorcycle deaths are numerous, you'd think the government would do something positive in the realm of real training before issuing a license..

What training should the sign have been given ?

On 5/25/2023 at 9:55 AM, Harsh Jones said:

I think it should be the governments job to do as much as practicable to stop any unnecessary road death.

If it were all about personal choice and responsibility then there would be no need for alcohol laws etc.

On 5/27/2023 at 2:03 PM, jacko45k said:

If it was illuminated... that certainly does mean it could be clearly seen....and avoided...although the yellow beacon appears to be off. 

This is one of the reasons I do not drive outside of the city at night. 

I used to and there were just too many unlit roadworks signs... the workers just don't bother to plug them in sometimes... cable not long enough, no worries...  add a branch !... 

While the report does not say the sign was unlit...  we have a guy riding into a sign !!...  

Quite a few assumptions can be made here based on a probability... Of course, no proof of any, and I’m sure those who’d find someone to argue with in an empty room will soon point that out...

BUT....   thoughts on this one - Unlit sign, booze, no helmet...

On 5/27/2023 at 2:26 PM, KhunBENQ said:

A bar manager at 4 AM in the morning (after duty).

A well lit road and multiple signs showing to turn to the inside lane.

Scooting along the outer lane obviously quite fast.

I find the discussion about visibility of the sign incidental.

Valid points....    the road appears well quite well lit.... 

I think Occam's razor is appropriate for this one, although someone (I have someone specific in mind) will pipe up and point out that the article makes no mention of razors or Occam.:whistling:

Edited by richard_smith237

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I thought about that... from the photo it appears to be. But I would reserve judgement unless I was there on a moonless night. Phone cameras are so good these days... I have often taken nighttime shots and the camera has brought out the details far better than my eyes do!

Quick question, do you practice what you preach? You can reduce the speed to 30... there still will be tragedies 

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:
On 5/31/2023 at 9:09 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I thought about that... from the photo it appears to be. But I would reserve judgement unless I was there on a moonless night. Phone cameras are so good these days... I have often taken nighttime shots and the camera has brought out the details far better than my eyes do!

I thought about that before making my comment....  The contrast and strength of the shadows would lend to the interpretation that there is a reasonable level of light provided by those street lights. 

7 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Quick question, do you practice what you preach? You can reduce the speed to 30... there still will be tragedies 

But they’d be reduced....  If we slowed to 10mph people without helmets would still fall off and smash their head...  people would still plow through a pedestrian crossing while looking at their phone... 

But..  reducing speed to a ‘reasonable’ factor most defiantly improves the prospect of reduced injury and death...  Although hitting something stationary at 30mph / 48kmh is going to hurt... with all other things being equal... survivable without a helmet ???..   probably not... Survivable with a decent helmet... possibly....