Nickel–metal hydride rechargeable batteries.

ravip

These days it seems there are quite a lot of fake and inferir brands in the market, and it is very difficult to identify the genuine item.

I am m,ostly interested in the AAA and AA sizes.

I know there are plenty in the market and on Lazada, Shopee (prices vary from seller to seller, sometimes quite considerably) etc.

What are the recommended brands available in Bangkok?

How can you ensure it is genuine?

Whats the price?

Thank you!

I bought on Lazada and Aliexpress....bought from seller who sold a lot and had good reviews...you must look for a lot good reviews because I think the first 10 are from the seller himself.
Wasted a lot of time but got good one and a few bad one, but all was cheap. (but not Nickel-metal)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PR3 said:

I have bought many different brands over the years and the best by far have been these brands in the picture.

All of these are five or more years old and still charge well, haven't swollen and perform excellently i use them in a portable electric shaver.

In terms of how to tell if they're genuine.

Buy them at well known reputable outlets Homepro, 7 11 and the like, if you buy online there's always the danger you'll get garbage as I can testify having done just that thinking something was a bargain and they turned out very poor performance.

Regarding price; if I recall correctly they're about 100+ baht each or thereabouts.

Hope you find this helpful.

PR3

16850687137244868115606083350222.jpg

Agree, all these ok.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 12:15 PM, ravip said:

How can you ensure it is genuine?

Go for the Sanyo Eneloops...usually around the AU$25 for 4 cells. (2000mAh)

Can also buy with charger included at extra cost....total around AU$55.00

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bluejets said:

Go for the Sanyo Eneloops...usually around the AU$25 for 4 cells. (2000mAh)

Can also buy with charger included at extra cost....total around AU$55.00

I think Eneloops are done by Panasonic.

15 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Sanyo Electric is a subsidiary of Panasonic . So maybe...???? 

You are correct!

On December 21, 2009, Panasonic completed a 400 billion yen ($4.5 billion) acquisition of a 50.2% stake in Sanyo, making Sanyo a subsidiary of Panasonic.[5][6] In April 2011, Sanyo became a wholly owned subsidiary of Panasonic, with its assets integrated into the latter's portfolio.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanyo#:~:text=They became a subsidiary of Panasonic on December 21%2C 2009.

Recently I bought some "Sony" NiMH AAA batteries from Lazada from a shop with good reviews.  Not sure if they were counterfeit or authentic, but it doesn't matter because they were dead on arrival.   Went on to buy my trusted brand EBL from Amazon US website.  There was extra shipping and tax to Thailand, but it was worth it in my opinion.  My last batch of EBL AA and AAA still work well after 5 years.

The only unfortunate thing is that the USB-C input port on the new charger (has USB-C and Micro USB) doesnt work with my Samsung Galaxy fast charger - but it works with a USB-C port on my laptop or Dell monitor hub port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravip said:

There seems to be a Panasonic Eneloop representative in Thailand. I guess they should provide the genuine item. Has anyone tried them?

Eneloop Thailand

I use those batteries exclusively, and already posted the LAZ link I get them from.   They are excellent.

Today's price on all 4 'buy at' links on your link, ฿740, (shipping or drive to cost ???), for item: BK-4MCCE/4NT

My LAZ link for same item ฿754 delivered.  Buy more than 1 pack, and delivery cost less per item ordered.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

I saw a video review a while back on YT where a tech geek guy ran a series of comparison tests on a whole series of AA rechargeable consumer batteries...

Among the best performing, and I didn't even know they sold them before that, were a house brand sold by IKEA, which are available via the IKEA Thailand website. Because I then bought some there and have been using them ever since.

To my surprise, the brand I'd long used, Eneloop, performed somewhat worse than the IKEA brand overall, but still better than a lot of other brands.

Screenshot_11.jpg.82f20a4d34dc95bb86f1155074558bdd.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1