Deadly dispute over food: Man shoots wife, surrenders to police in Thailand

snoop1130

ยิงเมีย.jpg

A man in Uthai Thani province, Thailand, shot and killed his 35 year old wife after arguing over food preparation, before surrendering to the police. The couple’s child was left distraught, asking who they would live with following the tragic incident.

Today, police in Uthai Thani were informed by the village head that a fatal shooting had occurred the previous night in a house in Ban Pang Sawan. The authorities arrived at the scene and found a large number of onlookers gathered around the crime scene, which was a two-storey wooden house.

The victim, known as Bee (pseudonym), had been shot in the head with a homemade shotgun, leaving blood-soaked bedsheets and scattered brain matter.

During an examination of the area, police found the weapon, an unregistered short-barrelled shotgun, in front of the house. They also discovered an empty bottle of liquor and a glass containing alcohol in the kitchen.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Photo by Khaosod

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/man-shoots-wife-dead-in-row-over-dinner-before-surrendering-to-police

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

One of the easiest things to make, as I made one as a lad, 15 ish yrs old maybe.  Just for the challenge.  Zip guns back then, and using shotgun shell, don't need a strong barrel.

Piece of wood, steel pipes, wire, nail, bed spring & trigger latch ... ????

Talk about idol hands ????  We'd be in jail as terrorist today, considering some of the things we made.  Our blow sh!t up phase.

I hear you there, the same with me. Back in the day and area where everyone had either a rifle or a shotgun in the truck. And it wasn't for shooting people or protection.

I never did make a gun but I know how easily it can be done. We used to load our own shells and casings so we had plenty of munitions around all the time. All I can say is, fishing was easy in those quarries. 

FWIW, the point I was trying to make is the article had to point out that the 'homemade' gun wasn't registered. How often do you think a homemade gun would be registered? Did you ever register yours? 

• Haha 2

put this dog to death

too much of this going on in Thailand, like every day we read about some phycsho idiot........................put these ### to death

what is wrong with Thai males - have they some sort of genetic disorder were they feel abusing/murdering women is ok,  what is it tell me - they are not men - they are weak cowards.....shame on them

send them to a war zone and lets see how manly they are, no beating/murdering women there. ### cowards

truth

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

uneducated hillbillies ... he shoots the missus over food preparation ...  in an angry heated idiotic moment of being the household tough guy he's destroyed the family and the kids family.  

he deserves to rot in hell .....

Proof positive he was a born loser, no hope, little or long forgotten education.

Pissed every day and taking drugs.

Gets heated in the moment and shoots dead the family provider... 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, smedly said:

what is wrong with Thai males - have they some sort of genetic disorder were they feel abusing/murdering women is ok,  what is it tell me

Thai culture allows young males to do whatever they want. From the age they can walk they are not disciplined and so it is hardly surprising that as a result they have an attitude of entitlement. So it isn't a genetic disorder, it is a cultural disorder, and we read the result of that every single day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The couple’s child was left distraught, asking who they would live with following the tragic incident.

That has to be the saddest part in all of this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A man in Uthai Thani province, Thailand, shot and killed his 35 year old wife

And the full story goes on to say they've been together 30yrs.  these stories lately are becoming more ludicrous by the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

i rest my case, what is wrong with these Thai cowards, I was going to say men but none of them are men............................be careful out there the coward/face simplistic  mentality extends to farangs

has to be an IQ thing, are so many of them sub 30

tested positive for meth and admitted to an additional 2 bottles of booze. a real loser indeed

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

That has to be the saddest part in all of this.

could be the best thing for the child, sadly. the father was meth positive and 2 bottles of booze. hopefully, many alternatives will be better than this 'home'

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This had nothing to do with food. This was all about a drunken fool, who is a miserable human being, taking out his frustration of his poor wife. What a worm. 

According to an aunt of the victim, the couple had been living on her land for about two years and regularly argued when Sathit was drunk, almost daily. The wife, who didn’t drink, would often flee from these altercations. The aunt suspected Sathit was also under the influence of drugs and alcohol during the incident, which likely led to his erratic behaviour. Before the shooting, he had reportedly consumed two bottles of alcohol.

If he was on weed, this would not have happened.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

literally the last sentence of the OP link:

Sathit is now in police custody and has tested positive for methamphetamine and will face legal proceedings accordingly.

if he was cannabis positive, you know that would have been in the headline instead of a footnote

• Thumbs Up 1