Pheu Thai leader dismisses call for party to withdraw from coalition

webfact

image.jpeg

Pheu Thai party leader Cholnan Srikaew has shrugged off a suggestion by a group of “red-shirt” supporters that the party should withdraw from the coalition, led by the Move Forward party, or take the lead in forming a coalition government.

In his Facebook post on Sunday afternoon, Dr. Cholnan said that members of the Pheu Thai fan club have the right to voice their opinion, but Pheu Thai and its coalition partners are duty-bound to bridge their differences under a democratic system.

The red-shirt supporters, led by Niyom Nopparat, rallied at Pheu Thai headquarters and submitted a 5-point proposal to the party for consideration.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-leader-dismisses-call-for-party-to-withdraw-from-coalition/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-05-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

They were expecting a landslide yet they came in second, that hurts, sour grapes. My enemy's enemy can be my friend.

Citing the historical fact that it's unprecedented in Thai politics for the parties that came first and second to join hands in a coalition is a nonsense argument.

Guess what? Every invention was unprecedented!

The pollsters should sound out the Red shirts Fan Club: should PT join hands with Pravit and Bhumjaithai to bring Thaksin home? I believe many would say yes 

I think that a lot of voters for Pheu Thai are disappointed. They have expected to win the elections, but for them unfortunately it was Move Forward. Now they can't have a key position in the new Government as PM and House Speaker are normally for the party with the most seats. If they withdraw from this coalition they have to form a new Government with the old military backed parties, but they have the majority of seats in that coalition, but that will be much harder to deal with because they very conservative. It is a game I think directed by the boss in Dubai, to get a key position or start a another coalition. However if in the deal is that MFP and PT will bring Thaksin back, there could be a solution. However you question yourself if it is a good idea to bring him back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Red shirt protesters came in second yet want Pheu Thai to take the lead in the coalition?

Crazy people.

They are convinced they are entitled over and above all others. And no doubt someone is reminding them they are entitled and telling them he is not subject to the laws of Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1