Bullman, the Norwegian killer and fugitive from Thai justice lands in Oslo on a false name and passport

webfact

51 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan said:

Why are you making the assumption that this was murder?

Huh? 

57-year-old Roger Bullman, looking gaunt and frail compared to how he appeared when last seen, returned home to Oslo in Norway on Saturday just under three years after he killed 34-year-old IT engineer Amital Bajaj at a five-star hotel in the Karon area of Phuket on August 21st 2019.

Edited by bignok
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I didn't see that stated. In the second article on this thread, it says the Norwegian TV2 channel reported on his having handed himself in to police. It didn't say they'd found him themselves.

Unless that was reported elsewhere.

It seems that Norwegian TV found him last year and interviewed him, but they never revealed his location , although it was suggested that he'd been in hiding in Vietnam

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Erm, because the suspect himself admits having strangled the British guy?

Admittedly, he claims it was in self defence but since he was the one that broke in to the Brit's room (which is where the deadly confrontation took place) that seems unlikely.

Yeah, I'd love to hear his "self defense" argument. That's what Shane O'Brien tried when he slashed an innocent man to death wiith a box cutter. He's now serving a minimum 26 year sentence in the UK.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, khunjeff said:

If the whole world seems to know about his arrival in Norway using a false name and passport, why wasn't he immediately arrested for that by Norwegian authorities? Even leaving aside the murder charge, flying around under a false identity or with forged documents isn't something that's taken lightly by any government. Or are the articles somehow suggesting that the Norwegian embassy in Hanoi knowingly issued the bogus passport to him?

I guess the Norwegian authorities need an extradition request from Thailand to arrest him.

Just now, Dogmatix said:

I guess the Norwegian authorities need an extradition request from Thailand to arrest him.

What about for using a fake passport, surely that's an offence?

Well, he rather be in a Norwegian prison compared to one in Thailand I guess. 

But man, the way he got out with a false name and passport bypassing all the tech at the airports surprises me. 

3 minutes ago, racket said:

Well, he rather be in a Norwegian prison compared to one in Thailand I guess. 

But man, the way he got out with a false name and passport bypassing all the tech at the airports surprises me. 

Isn't too difficult to get a genuine passport in someone else's name , just need to apply from a real person and get your photo in the slot

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8003899/Opera-singing-bodybuilder-says-murder-Brit-dad-Thailand.html

The victim is not here any more to give his version of events and Bullman's story doesn't jive with the widow's. I wouldn't want to pre-judge Bullman but his story lacks credibility to me.  He is unable to fill in details because he says he went blank after being stabbed in the shoulder with a butter knife which the deceased could have grabbed in desperation.  There is no suggestion his going blank resulting in him collapsing unconscious and in his blank state and with arm paralysed, as he claimed with the butter knife wound, he was still able to strangle him to death. Even if the deceased did attack him with a butter knife, strangling him to death would be an overreaction above and beyond self defence. 

Anyway drunken singing on the balcony of a hotel room at 4.00 am is extremely obnoxious behaviour and he looks a repulsive lout on steroids, whereas the victim looks like he was a decent family man.

He may well get clean away with it. Norway doesn't have an extradition treaty with Thailand and Norwegian law only permits extradition of its citizens to other Nordic and EU countries.  They can be tried for crimes committed abroad in Thailand but that is going to be an extremely expensive and onerous process for Thai authorities with no certainty of conviction, if they even bother. 

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, bignok said:

Huh? 

57-year-old Roger Bullman, looking gaunt and frail compared to how he appeared when last seen, returned home to Oslo in Norway on Saturday just under three years after he killed 34-year-old IT engineer Amital Bajaj at a five-star hotel in the Karon area of Phuket on August 21st 2019.

So, why even have a court hearing? It's murder. Just hand over the conviction already.

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Erm, because the suspect himself admits having strangled the British guy?

Admittedly, he claims it was in self defence but since he was the one that broke in to the Brit's room (which is where the deadly confrontation took place) that seems unlikely.

Exactly he said it was self defence, so how come to the conclusion that this was murder? He didn't seem to went over to kill him - how can this the murder then?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Must have been a good false passport, 

Exactly, to travel internationally now on counterfeit passport is not easy, he either had some very powerful contacts or a lot of money, or both.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan said:

Exactly he said it was self defence, so how come to the conclusion that this was murder? He didn't seem to went over to kill him - how can this the murder then?

Just because he said it doesn't make it true. Murderers lie.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan said:

The murder happened in the deceased  room and the killer went into that room uninvited after a disagreement .

Hes going to have difficulties explaining how it was self defence 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8003899/Opera-singing-bodybuilder-says-murder-Brit-dad-Thailand.html

The victim is not here any more to give his version of events and Bullman's story doesn't jive with the widow's. I wouldn't want to pre-judge Bullman but his story lacks credibility to me.  He is unable to fill in details because he says he went blank after being stabbed in the shoulder with a butter knife which the deceased could have grabbed in desperation.  There is no suggestion his going blank resulting in him collapsing unconscious and in his blank state and with arm paralysed, as he claimed with the butter knife wound, he was still able to strangle him to death. Even if the deceased did attack him with a butter knife, strangling him to death would be an overreaction above and beyond self defence. 

Anyway drunken singing on the balcony of a hotel room at 4.00 am is extremely obnoxious behaviour and he looks a repulsive lout on steroids, whereas the victim looks like he was a decent family man.

He may well get clean away with it. Norway doesn't have an extradition treaty with Thailand and Norwegian law only permits extradition of its citizens to other Nordic and EU countries.  They can be tried for crimes committed abroad in Thailand but that is going to be an extremely expensive and onerous process for Thai authorities with no certainty of conviction, if they even bother. 

As long thai police can prove he took himself in to the deceased room, he should be trailed for murder in Norway. We just have to wait and see what Thai police do, and maybe a trade of can be done somehow. 

He needs to be investigated for the sake of the deceased family. 

If he had a british passport, what can be done from Uk side? 

6 hours ago, Artisi said:

As a Norwegian, he doesn't need a passport to enter Norway, therefore a supposed fake passport is a none issue. 

I don't know that but to board an international flight he needs a valid passport. For faking a identity he should be fined and banned permanently from all airlines.

Cut for his supposed "murder" charge I see no actual evidence presented that he did anything wrong. If you are in a paid 5 star hotel and your neighbor is making too much noise call the security staff. If they do not stop it and you confront the screaming lout who knows what actually happened in self defense? Sorry I blame the victim here for not behaving properly.

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

not impossible that the person arriving in Norway is not the murderer, and the report is mistaken.

Funny, he have already admitted he killed in self defense inside the deceased mans room with his family as witnesses.

34 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Funny, he have already admitted he killed in self defense inside the deceased mans room with his family as witnesses.

I don't doubt that Bullman killed the victim. I am simply suggesting that it is possible that the person who arrived in Norway is not Bullman.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I don't doubt that Bullman killed the victim. I am simply suggesting that it is possible that the person who arrived in Norway is not Bullman.

Read the news and see he turned himself in to police on arrival, and also done several intervjues. 

Edited by Hummin

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

The news article seemed a bit shaky on details. I will wait for follow-up from other sources.

Well, I have seen the Norwegian news, but why take my word for it,