Australian Man Faces Several Legal Charges After Road Rage Incident in Phuket

webfact

Strewth mate '   I reckon they're not ridgy-didge aussie blokes .... crikey blue'  if they're on the level they woulda chucked a mental and told him not to get his knickers in a knot or they'll have a goanna .. fair dinkum cobber.

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Murder yes I stand by that comment! 

This was a broken mirror the story as always poorly written lack information unless police have more from the story it is he said he said basically his word against his yet filing charges against the foreigner for damage property and threats involving the courts seem extreme beyond what is their normal.  Looks like police have their minds made up with no evidence. 

You got stories guys taking shots at people and settle with a sorry Wai 500 Baht case close here it is going to court. 

You don't see something wrong then it must be your orgin!  ????

Yes totally agree.

There us some video evidence of the Australian guy being aggressive, which I saw, but its unclear and nobody got hurt. From face value and what we know its definitely over the top.

If this was between two Thai guys we wouldn't have seen it even reported!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:
6 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Mode likely the Thai was threatening the foreigner.

You base that on what?

I’d hazard a guess and suggest he [DjSilver] was basing that on the Thai Mini-van driver got out of his van and approached the Aussie in his car....      y’think he spoke softly without any aggression, bad language and threats ???

Of course typical to your posting style you only ever wish to discuss other posters opinions and never the subject matter itself - In this example is an extremely feasible explanation that the van-driver made threats and was also aggressive..... Did he even do any damage to the Aussies car ?... 

The story is clearly very one sided.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

Yes totally agree.

There us some video evidence of the Australian guy being aggressive, which I saw, but its unclear and nobody got hurt. From face value and what we know its definitely over the top.

If this was between two Thai guys we wouldn't have seen it even reported!

What police here do on a regular bases is blackmail.  I've heard it first hand for years from my police neighbor and his coworkers while they drink and get drunk maybe because I look Thai and play into the conversation tea stupid farang they forget I'm one. 

They know majority are on vacation therefore need to leave on time back to jobs or just home they don't want trouble scared so they know in their way got you by the balls.  So they try to negotiate a settlement because they know foreigners got money this point of view is throughout their system reaffirmed last year by their courts that we should paid more because we are better off. 

Someone mentioned his body language sitting being disrespectful think it is more I'm not paying that amount attitude even arrogance? 

So they are at a stalemate punishment is to file charges put you in jail run you through the ringer give you a court date to return in which many by then have had enough and pay up. 

Many are so scared <deleted> good example heard this from my neighbors stationed in Pattaya Soi 9,  the story where the Indian grab the ass of the Thai school teacher they got 200,000 off the guy my neighbor said they put him through the process they thought he was going to <deleted> in his pants he couldn't get out fast enough. 

Then you got lots of expat whether right or wrong in accident 100% Thai at fault Just pay up instead of standing up for themselves.

In this case maybe BIB are wrong we will never know.  Broker mirror threats ????

• Like 2

A storm in a tea cup for sure,but the farang will not win this battle.Unless they is video of the incident.I was in cnx  traffic touched a tok tok no damage of cause.I was the bad guy of course had to pay him for damage he will never fix or need fixing.He was quick to get the police involved,had no option and only damage was a bend  basket that hit part of the frame,100 baht sorted

Edited by bristolgeoff
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Tough to understand why police is handling a case like this as if it was murder?  

Especially in a he/she said case in which a mirror was broken. Charges being filed and case being forwarded to Prosecutor which is unusual I suspect police threw out a payment amount that the Aussie wouldn't pay! 

What a total waste of time!  

Not so. Seems 50k has settled the issue, probably a lot less than he would have paid in Oz! 

21 hours ago, Jack Cook said:

What an utter waste of 5 

minutes of life reading this complete drivel. Ouch the mirror of an extremely courteous van driver was hurt by a nasty violent out of control Australian criminal. In what universe does that constitute any kind of news??? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

A universe without 5 million emojis.

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Not so. Seems 50k has settled the issue, probably a lot less than he would have paid in Oz! 

How so not?  

I stand by my position as I noted in other post justifying my comment.  They settle cause the Aussie caved to the damages instead of having to go to court. This wasn't settle it was blackmail

40,000 baht for a mirror 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

How so not?  

I stand by my position as I noted in other post justifying my comment.  They settle cause the Aussie caved to the damages instead of having to go to court. This wasn't settle it was blackmail

40,000 baht for a mirror 

You stand by your case this was blackmail by the police so not having to go to court.

"The Phuket Kwaeng Court has already judged the case. ", From the op about the judgement.

Edited by stevenl

8 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Try to keep up!  As I wrote in other responses last night what is being done in this case isn't the norm this is to squeeze him at what point being put through the ringer will he cave. 

You actually believe Thai courts operate 24/7,  

In less than 24 hours paper are filed,  court time is scheduled, hearing is convene,  case is heard judgement given?  Get real! 

If they took this standard with everyone Thai in particular on the road they would be riding at the top year in year out for deaths on the road. 

I am up to date, he's been to court. The facts don't agree with your opinion.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yea I can see you up to date. 

It was a mock court,  janitor was the judge,  court reported was the cleaning lady,  attorneys were judge atta boys all going through the motion. ????

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

How so not?  

40,000 baht for a mirror 

Stand aside dude.He never caved, it went to court, who have decided for him! Try road rage in Oz next time.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Do you really believe the court system in Thailand is just? If this had been 2 Thai guys, do you think the fine and damages and sentence would have been the same?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Of course typical to your posting style you only ever wish to discuss other posters opinions and never the subject matter itself

Isn't it my prerogative to post how I wish on a forum that exists to discuss other posters' opinions?   

I hope you're not suggesting that your "style" is superior just because I comment as I see fit and do not post Smith-like, long-winded theses

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Get with the program this was and is a kangorro court him realizing it went with the program he refused to pay so they put him through the ringer he realized when in court when he looked around and realized the lawyer was the cleaning lady LOL

I notice the driver of agroboys car didn.t 'go with the program', ran off to  home country.No doubt he knew who was the guilty party. You keep  bashing tho????

• Confused 1

On 5/31/2023 at 7:56 AM, bignok said:

More likely the farang from western Melbourne or Sydney was being abusive. Look at their sitting style. No respect. All have beards. 

So you mean the low self-esteem Thai man felt his man hood was threaten? ????

1 hour ago, DjSilver said:
On 5/31/2023 at 1:11 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

You base that on what?

Well, living in Thailand for 6 years with wife and Thai. I know how Thai men with low self-esteem act

I had a feeling that you'd have nothing, whatsoever, to base your assertion of this case on...I was right.  Living in Thailand for 29 years, with two Thai (ex-)wives and three Thai children I know how AN posters react!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

I notice the driver of agroboys car didn.t 'go with the program', ran off to  home country.No doubt he knew who was the guilty party. You keep  bashing tho????

Bashing you act as if you know the intent of the others you seem to believe everything that is written as if it is the Bible or something. 

I've not bash anyone except express an opinion as to what normally happens going to court for something like this if you believe the guy got a fare deal that is you being naive in my opinion.

As of now all I've heard he was agressive not seem or anyone produce a video evidence showing he or anyone in the group broke his mirror. 

Any real justice system could never render such a judgement let alone brag as if justice was done in the media this only does more harm and stereotyping their system. If I was Thai I would be embrassed of such a system. 

• Like 1