Challenges facing Thai Women looking for a Western partner.

15 hours ago, Celsius said:

A lot of you folk who marry bargirls for whatever reason always keep harping about the same thing. "It's none of your business". "Don't be judgemental". "Don't stereotype".

But you seem to be too quick to proclaim that "normal" girls are boring. That you probably married someine old and ugly....and my favorite "yours is different". In fact it is the mongers who are always the most hypocfitical and most judgemental.

Somes it up perfectly. A big reason why there is so much negativity towards Thai people on this forum.

They marry a hooker and then blame "thailand and Thais" when it goes south.

They dont make any normal Thai friends and claim they dont want to because Thais are stupid.

The attitude reminds me of when you get a fat girl in the west who constantly slags of skinny hot girls.

It stems from insecurity and jealously.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Goat said:

They dont make any normal Thai friends and claim they dont want to because Thais are stupid.

My pals are all 'fully funded' Brits, I don't much like foreigners or scroungers.

Would point out you're the one attacking others on this thread.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Goat said:

Somes it up perfectly. A big reason why there is so much negativity towards Thai people on this forum.

They marry a hooker and then blame "thailand and Thais" when it goes south.

The attitude reminds me of when you get a fat girl in the west who constantly slags of skinny hot girls.

I just wanted to say it's good of you to take time out from your love life to educate us retired old duffers on what's what and how to live - some of us definitely need it!

So thanks and keep it up - You are appreciated.

• Haha 2

On 5/31/2023 at 5:48 AM, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Especially in California!????

I got divorced in California.

Cost us $100.

We mutually agreed to split our assets, wrote a mutual separation agreement

Neither of us were worse for ware, still friends, mother of my children, we talk every week

Divorce doesn't have to be contentious

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Cost us $100.

Neither of us were worse for ware, still friends, mother of my children, we talk every week

You were very very lucky! Although I agree divorces do not have to be contentious, when they are it can get get ugly!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/30/2023 at 11:17 PM, Goat said:

It obviously has not occured to you, but most women actually enjoy sex. They dont need a financial reward. The orgasm is what they are after.

Women typically have such easy access to sex that it's not something they are "after".  It's not a big driver for them, in most situations, since they can get it easily.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Women typically have such easy access to sex that it's not something they are "after".  It's not a big driver for them, in most situations, since they can get it easily.

As an example, pertaining to this topic, if a Thai lady has an older Western partner, she can always fulfill her needs with a younger Thai kik, albeit very quietly. It might cost her some money, but Thai men are experts in extracting money painlessly.

On 5/31/2023 at 10:56 AM, BritManToo said:

A woman's background is no indication of her suitability as a partner.

This is something I have learned but you and Dan haven't.

(Probably because you haven't managed any LTRs)

As for marrying bar girls ........ at least you know they will have frequent sex with you.

Something that respectable, educated women from any country generally won't do (often).

Yes, in the UK I married a young, Christian, virgin schoolteacher .... 30 years of almost no sex.

Yes, in Thailand I married a bar girl, 10 years of sex whenever I wanted it.

PS. How do you know your respectable women never worked as prostitutes (unless you met them in high school when they were 12 years old)?

Great point. Many Western women got started very young. In school now in the US, sex is very common starting at 13 years old. I think many by the time they reach 25 have had well over 100 sex partners. 

Yet, they would tell you they only had one or two boyfriends, and you would presume they are relatively innocent. Ha! 

Here, it can be more transparent. 

• Confused 1

If you marry a bar girl, you're asking for trouble. There are more than enough horror stories to explain why this is a bad idea.

In my opinion, foreigners shouldn't pay any attention to the woman's looks. Outer beauty fades quickly. They should look only at inner beauty and the woman's spiritual qualities and values.

I married an orphan who was a factory girl with ordinary looks many years ago. I've never regretted it.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 2:20 AM, GinBoy2 said:

Cost us $100.

Well done! I got divorced to my first (Thai) wife. It's a long story. There was no animosity. It was a simple divorce. We're very good friends and we strive to help our children.

On 5/31/2023 at 1:08 PM, Goat said:

Funny the guys who marry the hookers convince themselves that everyone else marries hookers also. 

Or that all women are the same as hookers.

When nothing could be further from the truth.

You would have to suffer very low self esteem to take one seriously. probably also suffer from anxiety and maybe show autism traits socially.

Who is being taken advantage of more in these relationships is an interesting question.

The needy loser who cant get a girlfriend in real life and who is spending his money lying to himself and convincing himself he has found true love? 

Or the low educated girl from the impoverished South East Asian family forced to treat the revolting, often unhygenic, unwanted sex tourist as a real husband that she loves and cherishes and sharing a bed with the animal purely because his countries currency has a higher value than the baht?

Oh my, in one post, hookers, losers and animals. You forgot whores. Obviously an “expert” in these issues which are much more complex and cultural than you recognize from your research. But good job, you found a way to get autism into your post.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

If you marry a bar girl, you're asking for trouble. There are more than enough horror stories to explain why this is a bad idea.

In my opinion, foreigners shouldn't pay any attention to the woman's looks. Outer beauty fades quickly. They should look only at inner beauty and the woman's spiritual qualities and values.

I married an orphan who was a factory girl with ordinary looks many years ago. I've never regretted it.

Marry ugly women? Rather be single.

• Haha 1

I tell Thai women who are after a farang to find some way to travel to a western country. It is much easier to find a decent man overseas. I also say do not hook up with a man who is a regular visitor to Thailand. Find someone who has never been.

• Sad 1

On 5/31/2023 at 11:10 AM, Goat said:

I play the field. Since living here have had factory workers, managers, pharmacist, uni students, business owners, etc etc.

Which is Dans point. Maybe you missed it?

I would never consider a whore. That is not what they are for. There are thousands more decent girls than hookers.

I agree with you that some are a good laugh.

So, doesn't that make you a slut? Something you malign women for doing? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most Thai women I encounter online seem to be after quick sex for $$, and the 'rest' don't really seem to know what they want... It seems to me so bad now, that, after being solo for almost 3 years, I am contemplating to change my residence to the Philippines.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

23 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I tell Thai women who are after a farang to find some way to travel to a western country. It is much easier to find a decent man overseas. I also say do not hook up with a man who is a regular visitor to Thailand. Find someone who has never been.

Define decent?

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 11:15 AM, BritManToo said:

Don't think I've ever had a woman that didn't expect payment, some want it at point of sale, some want it at the end of relationship. At least at point of sale you know what it will cost you, and it probably won't cost you your home and pension.

My Friend said, COD only but check for damaged goods before payment. :cheesy::cheesy::burp:

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Define decent?

Professional job or business, family-orientated, looking for self-improvement, willing to work hard.

You are right, it's hard to define 'decent', but I guess it's someone whe can bring something to a relationship and whom you feel will respect you, support you, speak up for you (protect your face) and be your equal.

On 5/31/2023 at 2:15 AM, Goat said:

Not Thai.

But i did have a casual sexual relationship with the number 2 ranked Synchroe swimmer in australia.

The flexibility was something I will never forget.

It wasnt a serious relationship because she was a real slut.

But if the oppurtunity with a Thai swimmer comes up I will be more than keen to try.

ok...I got it, I see where you draw the line.  you wont touch a whore, but you'll have a relationship with a slut. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 7:50 PM, Danderman123 said:

I had to laugh, since I hadn't thought about that before

But it's true. Women really don't have to work at getting sex like men do, it's the men fighting for it.

We really are animals as in the Animal Channel!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I had to laugh, since I hadn't thought about that before

But it's true. Women really don't have to work at getting sex like men do, it's the men fighting for it.

We really are animals as in the Animal Channel!

I think of it like pizza.

Let's say you are given pizza to eat every day. After some point in time, you may still like pizza, but you are not going to go out of your way to get some pizza.

• Haha 2