visa on arrival

I need to leave the country again to cancel my retirement visa (agency) and return with the 15 day visa on arrival so I can start again and get new retirement visa. Is this still possible? If so, what is the best crossing point from Hua Hin... thanks

50 minutes ago, bootly66 said:

I need to leave the country again to cancel my retirement visa (agency) and return with the 15 day visa on arrival so I can start again and get new retirement visa. Is this still possible?

From other posts it appears you have pp that allows you 30 day visa exempt stamp.

It's not visa on arrival.

To then obtain a new non O retirement you would require 800k in your Thai bank account. 

Edited by DrJack54

First, do confirm whether you are entitled to a visa exempt entry, or whether you are only eligible to purchase a visa on arrival. It makes a huge difference. I am assuming that you can get a 30-day visa exempt entry.

There is no good option right now for a border bounce from Hua Hin. You might consider going to Ranong for a same day border bounce to Kawthoung.

59 minutes ago, BritTim said:

First, do confirm whether you are entitled to a visa exempt entry, or whether you are only eligible to purchase a visa on arrival. It makes a huge difference. I am assuming that you can get a 30-day visa exempt entry.

There is no good option right now for a border bounce from Hua Hin. You might consider going to Ranong for a same day border bounce to Kawthoung.

Thanks.. this is what i am looking for... Uk passport.. always did my retirement myself but because of a banking glitch last year (went under the 800k for 24hrs and they refused to extend so i had to use an agent).... I want to start fresh again doing it myself , but will have to leave and re enter.. did  Kanchanaburi hop years ago but i think that border is closed now

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

UK Passport is not entitled to apply for a Visa on Arrival

You are entitled  to receive a Visa Exempt Entry that gives a stay of 30 days.

and can then apply for retirement ?/

• Like 1

Check with your local IO, I have heard that certain offices have been requesting that you get an Non O at the Thai embassy of the country you are doing a border run. It might require an overnight stay though. 

There is a thread running on that subject. Have a look 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bootly66 said:

uk passport. don't want to use agency.. they are a con and not legal... 

Limited options from HH.

Suggest a ride to Bangkok and flight to Udon Thani for either border bounce and reenter visa exempt. 30 day stamp that can be extended by 30 days and apply for non O at Thai immigration.

OR 

Obtain non O retirement at Vientiane.

My choice would be flight to Saigon and obtain non O at consulate.

Both Vientiane and Saigon require appointment.

So that may not be an option depending on permit expiry. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Check with your local IO, I have heard that certain offices have been requesting that you get an Non O at the Thai embassy of the country you are doing a border run. It might require an overnight stay though. 

There is a thread running on that subject. Have a look 

That rogue office does not apply to HH. 

However true ...check with immigration office

Edited by DrJack54

Just now, sirineou said:

I don't know.

I think mine is good advice.

Since there are "rogue offices" reportedly in two different locations, what does it cost to give your office a call and make sure yours is not one of them? 

Correct.

I did edit my post already.

You recommended "check with local office" 

That is good advice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

From the OP...

"uk passport. don't want to use agency.. they are a con and not legal" 

Clearly does not wish to use agents.

So two options .

Obtain non O at nearby consulate or reenter visa exempt and obtain non O at immigration. 

Agree.

Staying legal is always the best option.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The Visa is legal if obtained from an Immigration Office.

So were all the dodgy volunteer visas that now prevent people from getting an Elite visa

Edited by Sigma6
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/6/2023 at 2:41 PM, bootly66 said:

uk passport. don't want to use agency.. they are a con and not legal... 

Please provide evidence of this naive statement. Yes some agents are a con. Most are legitimate and provide fully legal extensions processed legally by immigration. Just ask the 100's of expats living in Pattaya. My extension stamp is signed off by the same officer who signs all the extensions. 100% legal.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Sigma6 said:

So were all the dodgy volunteer visas that now prevent people from getting an Elite visa

It is important to distinguish between what is legal and what may attract serious disapproval. Those volunteer visas were legal. Nothing was occurring for which anyone could be prosecuted. However, officials at very serious levels seriously disapproved of games being played over visas intended for humanitarian purposes. The guilty officials involved would have been moved to posts with limited opportunities for corruption, and recipients of those visas often retaliated against in other ways.

Could retirement extensions, at some point, suffer a similar fate? That cannot be ruled out, but (for the moment) I do not see those at the top being scandalised by them in the same way.