Prayut To Be Held Accountable For His Deeds Over Last 9 Years: Pita

webfact

Almost seems like Pita would be happy to start a civil war. Of some shape or description. Which might be what it will come to with this kind of jumping in. Or how it will end up in any case.

Edited by Enzian
clarity
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

How many times in your country have you voted out a government: led by a man who ordered the use of live ammunition on citizens, that came to power in a coup, that ripped up the constitution and replaced it with an undemocratic one, that ramped up censorship and oppresssion, that ran attitude adjustment camps and gave itself dictatorial power with Section 44?

I am guessing never, but do correct me if I am wrong.

Don't be a drama queen....

Live Ammunition? Do you mean the red shirts? Who killed solders first?

Ripped up the constitution that no one voted for and replaced it with one that had a public referendum: Where you come from, did you have a chance to vote for or against your constitution?
Ramped up censorship? Like boasting about hiring 10.000 people to censor internet? Ah no that was the party that he ousted....

attitude adjustment camps????? Do you missing some neighbors? That is simply not true.

I am not saying that all is good and fine, but there were elections 2019 and Prajuth won the popular vote than, had the majority in his coalition in the elected MPs. Thaksin acted a lot more dictatorial and no one complained. I don't like Prayuth much but he was nothing more than another average Thai politician. I a few years when I can't remember things so well I may confuse him with Samak....not too much differences...

• Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Exactly... 9 years of nothing

yes agree....no important reforms but also no nightmare a 9 years of nothing. Politically I am happy with nothing...no red shirts shooting no yellow shirts blocking the airports full with tourists....just boring 9 years of nothing.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

He talks too much for his own good.

Very common in Thailand. So many people like to shoot their mouth off, often (not in this case) without knowing what they are talking about. Just shut up, and act when it's time to act. No need to broadcast your intentions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, h90 said:

No He is talking about THIS

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/troops-killed-red-shirts-hiding-in-temple-official-report-admits-2157436.html

Troops killed Red Shirts hiding in temple, official report admits

The documents seen by Reuters suggest the DSI is looking into the deaths of 89 people.

The documents also suggest that Reuters' cameraman Hiro Muramoto, who died on 10 April while covering earlier clashes in the city's old quarter, was also killed by a high-velocity bullet in the chest.

Another journalist, Italian photographer Fabio Polenghi, was killed on 19 May.

Edited by BenStark
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

An older article, APRIL 2, 2015, but definitely relevant....Pita is toast, unfortunately. And Prayuth is untouchable.

Thai junta's opponents fret over plan to grant coup plotters amnesty

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Under the new constitution being drawn up by a committee appointed by Thailand’s junta and tasked with protecting the country from “parliamentary dictatorship”, the architects of last year’s military coup would enjoy immunity from prosecution.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-thailand-politics-constitution-idUKKBN0MT0NL20150402

6 hours ago, webfact said:

the Move Forward leader confirmed Prayut will undoubtedly be held accountable since he rose to power by way of the 2014 coup and ran the country as an unelected head of government up to now.

is it certain  that we're talking about a former thai prime minister, an ex-military man no less?, i can't help it but  i remain somewhat sceptical.

18 minutes ago, h90 said:

Ripped up the constitution that no one voted for and replaced it with one that had a public referendum: Where you come from, did you have a chance to vote for or against your constitution?
Ramped up censorship? Like boasting about hiring 10.000 people to censor internet? Ah no that was the party that he ousted....

attitude adjustment camps????? Do you missing some neighbors? That is simply not true.

I am not saying that all is good and fine, but there were elections 2019 and Prajuth won the popular vote than, had the majority in his coalition in the elected MPs. Thaksin acted a lot more dictatorial and no one complained. I don't like Prayuth much but he was nothing more than another average Thai politician. I a few years when I can't remember things so well I may confuse him with Samak....not too much differences...

Hmmmm,

https://thediplomat.com/2015/09/how-thailands-military-junta-tried-to-adjust-my-attitude-in-detention/

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

He talks too much for his own good. Surely acquired new enemies since the election. The more he talks, the less chance he'll make it to PM. I like MFP but stop talking before you've even formed an actual government. Time will judge what you do - not what you say - assuming they even make it to government.

I couldn't agree more. Talk like this is sure to inflame many, ONE in particular.

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

He is right, but maybe the timing to say is not

The election is over. You won (kind of). Now shut up until you know you really won for sure.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, h90 said:

Where do you take from that millions want Prayuth punished? I often voted in my country a other party than in power but never wanted the current party punished. And normally in a democracy we don't punish politicians who didn't brake the law (unfortunately we don't even punish these who do brake the law).

If Prayuth broke the law, everyone can go to court about it.

Didn't break the law? If I was a gambling man, I would bet everything I have, that there were few laws he did not break. The extend of the corruption, filth, rot, and malfeasance was historic. And the way they hid it from the most naive amongst us, was an art form. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Didn't break the law? If I was a gambling man, I would bet everything I have, that there were few laws he did not break. The extend of the corruption, filth, rot, and malfeasance was historic. And the way they hid it from the most naive amongst us, was an art form. 

When did you arrive in Thailand? That all was much worse under Thaksin (second term, the first one was OK), previous when the same group lead the 1997 crises, than with Samak, than the rice scam....
That was all way worse than Prayuth....Prayuth was in no way historic.....
"that there were few laws he did not break." of the thousands of laws he broke them almost all?? What is wrong with you all? Exaggerating till it is just only embarrassing.
Prayuth was just the average Thai politician.....did nothing good or bad and get heavily criticized from the Nationalists for it.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

The people are on side Pita, unfortunately the Military don't give a dam what the people want or need. 

Treason should be the charge for all the coup leaders but.......

Not "the people" Most people did not vote for him. He is just the strongest party who needs coalition partner. And many would not vote for him again (The Marijuana for example are horrified). Strongest party is an important position but it is not "the people".

• Like 1

He went to Harvard so have to presume he's not naive,so have to consider what his strategy is. Perhaps he knows that he's gonna be stitched up by the current powers (a reasonable assumption) so he's drawing up his battle lines early? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

So much for the "Move Forward Party"

Starting off by dwelling in the past.

Pathetic.

Cannot move forward without addressing the past and needs to go right back to those who brought terror to the Nation back in 2010

16 minutes ago, h90 said:

Not "the people" Most people did not vote for him. He is just the strongest party who needs coalition partner. And many would not vote for him again (The Marijuana for example are horrified). Strongest party is an important position but it is not "the people".

Headline - Thailand opposition crushes military parties in election rout

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/old-rivalries-new-battle-thailand-goes-polls-2023-05-13/

What planet you on?

• Like 1