American transwoman marries Thai woman, fueling hopes for future of same sex marriage (video)

webfact

17 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

If there are so many different genders these days, how is it that gender reassignment surgery, as far as I am aware, only offers 2 options

Would a simple boob job not qualify of achieving some middle ground?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

There is no penis anymore, transgender WOMAN, done, rebuilt.

You are not reading it is a lady boy. Focus.

LB doesn't exist in my vocabulary, it's a bit of a oximoron.

5 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

As far as i am  aware the current ideology means that a trans woman can indeed have a penis 

you need to get with it   you transphobe

5 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Read! Both are women. And if you read Thaiger story then you see, next year it should be recognized as a marriage and therefore official and registered.

Thailand is a bit slow. And i really wouldnt know why it was forbidden any time.

Some "high placed" figures decided that. Some "morons" to indoctrinate people. 

btw an Eunuch is a profession, has nothing to do with genders or sexes.

hahahaha a profession are you serious ???   what's the job description

What about a trans man who identifies as a eunuch  or a trans woman who identifies as such

stop making me laugh

9 hours ago, freedomnow said:

'Cisgenger'  - ask most people on street in the west (never mind Thailand) and they'd not be able to answer...

10 years ago i would tend to agree. but not now. look how many members here know what the word meant. from both sides of the debate. 

6 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

the story only states that hormones were taken. no where does it say that the person in question had surgery. 

Edited by stoner

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Who makes up these ridiculous and totally useless woke terms.

I can just imagine the conversation down the pub "Hi john I saw you with your two buddies  yesterday, you know the cisgender one and the heteronormative one!"

Not ridiculous.

Not useless.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-cisgender-means-transgender_n_63e13ee0e4b01e9288730415

I Coined The Term 'Cisgender' 29 Years Ago. Here's What This Controversial Word Really Means.

"Before now, I have not spoken publicly, or even disclosed my role in the origin of the word cisgender to anyone beyond a few close friends and colleagues."

• Confused 1

I see that the LGBTQ.......has had  AI added to it what do those letters stand for? surely not Artificial Intelligence? although the way things are these days, I can't for one moment imagine it would have been programmed to identify as straight. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

As far as i am  aware the current ideology means that a trans woman can indeed have a penis 

you need to get with it   you transphobe

Calling information about transgender people an ideology is wrong. It's just information. Neutral.

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

I see that the LGBTQ.......has had  AI added to it what do those letters stand for? surely not Artificial Intelligence? although the way things are these days, I can't for one moment imagine it would have been programmed to identify as straight. 

A lot of complaints about too many letters. 

35 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

in canada they now use  2slgbtqi+

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Calling information about transgender people an ideology is wrong. It's just information. Neutral.

Oh dear, apologies, hope I haven't offended any of "them"doubt if I have as there are none on here. But I can't keep up with what all these minorities consider right and wrong, it seems to change on a daily basis, 

My personal thoughts on the subject however will not change......

Calling somebody with a penis anything which includes the word "woman" is just wrong, that's a biological fact, and considering them as such (for example sending them to women's prisons)  has proved dangerous

I would however  the term "man "woman"" to be a little more accurate 

And who am I to "judge"?   Well today I identify as a judge, a female trans judge of mixed ethnicity,  at that, and as such I cannot be argued with, right?  I will be changing my user name to "bapuan prang"  to reflect this new identity.    Sounds ridiculous does it not?

15 minutes ago, stoner said:

na. a lot of people now know. 

I am aware of what people "Ciswoman" refers to but I honestly have no idea what the "cis" bit actually refers to or stands for grammatically. and I have absolutely no intention of looking it up

19 minutes ago, stoner said:

in canada they now use  2slgbtqi+

go on then put me out of my misery,  what on god's earth does that stand for?, on second thoughts don't bother, I don't think I can take anymore

10 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

go on then put me out of my misery,  what on god's earth does that stand for?, on second thoughts don't bother, I don't think I can take anymore

either you are a good human and treat others kindly or you are not. that is what i care about. 

the rest matters not. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

either you are a good human and treat others kindly or you are not. that is what i care about. 

the rest matters not. ????

Well that's what I thought , but apparently accidently using somebody's un preferred pronoun can result in a violent reaction and in some cases end one's career,  So it can indeed matter and will matter even more once the inevitable legislation is put in place

On 6/7/2023 at 10:25 AM, redwood1 said:

So a 64 year old farang guy marries a Thai woman....So what.....It happens all the time......The only news is the guy is wearing a pink dress..

The big question -  why is he wearing a pink dress?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Define woke.

A definition of woke in a negative context, for this situation, could be those who accept and strongly defend someone's description of their  identity as a man or woman, where the motive for doing so is to fit in or to a certain part of society, or to seem clever or cool, or to gain a benefit rather than by the use of reason and logic. 

The alternative might be to say

'It could be that this human with a penis or who previously had a penis, may meet a certain definition of gender if that definition is based on how they feel, and science may show there is a basis for this one day, on the other hand it is not unreasonable for others to dispute that gender is based simply on feelings and apparently in this case feelings for only a relatively short period in their life given the facts of their previous life. However, each person should be able to live how they like but where personal preferences clash with the needs and wants of the broader society e.g. toilets, sports, there should be a polite and reasoned discussion to come to a fair and sensible solution. '

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

A definition of woke in a negative context, for this situation, could be those who accept and strongly defend someone's description of their own identity as a man or woman where the motive for doing so is to fit in or to a certain part of society, or to seem clever or cool, or to gain a benefit rather than by the use of reason and logic. 

The alternative might be to say

'It could be that this human with a penis or who previously had a penis, may meet a certain definition of gender if that definition is based on how they feel, and science may show there is a basis for this one day, on the other hand it is not unreasonable for others to dispute that gender is based simply on feelings and apparently in this case feelings for only a relatively short period in their life given the facts of their previous life. However, each person should be able to live how they like but where personal preferences clash with the needs and wants of the broader society e.g. toilets, sports, there should be a polite and reasoned discussion to come to a fair and sensible solution. '

That's not a definition.

You're only talking about an example. 

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The big question -  why is he wearing a pink dress?

Cannot wear white unless he ( dammit )  "she" identifies as a virgin !   It's his  (ooops there I go again sorry), "her"  human right !! to wear pink, and he  (oh dear) "she" looks lovely.  what are you , a transphobe ?  Did you really expect her to wear blue?  that would be for boys,   Is that still the case? probably not, I don't know,    I don't know anything anymore,  I think I need to go on a diversity course,before I offend anybody else,  you should join me

• Thanks 1