Foreign Man Allegedly Damages Salon in Pattaya

webfact

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Apprently, before the covid crisis, those little places were paying 25,000 a month each in "rent" to whoever owned that land. 

That seems quite high. Here in Bangkok, next to an MRT station and close to a major shopping mall, shops go for a monthly rent of 8,000 baht. But yes, many areas in Pattaya seem to be in a property bubble, with tenants willing to pay any price for a shop... Just imagine opening a barber shop there, profit for a cut, etc. (not incl. rent, but incl. wages, etc.), say, 50 baht. You'd have to get every day 20 customers just to cover that rental payment.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, VinnieK said:

All of us are the laughing stock ..After so many incidents of dumb farangs taken to the cleaners ,not to mention marrying prostitutes, thais will tar everyone with the same brush.

It's only natural.

So who is doing the laughing......? You got Thai males who do that too, and Thai females who perpetuate and benefit from it. Must be everyone laughing at each other.

A lot of posts here blaming the victim.  The Thais are the ones conducting affairs that are In no way Ethical. There should be a recourse through the Police from these bar tramp scammers, but the police do nothing and this often results in frustration and anger.  It's actually lucky it was a foreigner (only a few items knocked over) because if it was a Thai scammed the result would likely end in gun violence and bloodshed which we have all become accustomed to.  Time the police step up and start investigating this fraud. Otherwise this will continue with ever increasing and dire consequences

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So many foreigners succumb to this ongoing scam, I know one particular lady who is a lawyer but doesn't practice her trade, she is beautiful and has an Australian,  American,  and Italian boyfriend as well as married to another Australian,  all throwing money at her each month, she had a few wines one night and revealed all, but this goes on all over the country, it would be interesting to know how much revenue is collected each month from  Iove starved farangs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Polaky said:

So many foreigners succumb to this ongoing scam, I know one particular lady who is a lawyer but doesn't practice her trade, she is beautiful and has an Australian,  American,  and Italian boyfriend as well as married to another Australian,  all throwing money at her each month, she had a few wines one night and revealed all, but this goes on all over the country, it would be interesting to know how much revenue is collected each month from  Iove starved farangs.

100,000 to 200,000 baht if pretty and cunning.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kerryd said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did it say that the salon was rented, not owned?...

"...she became the new owner..."

"...his girlfriend who is the previous salon owner..."

"...the salon was legally sold and transferred..."

Expand  

It's just a "wording" thing.

Is it?  You have no idea and your following 97 paragraphs of explanation are just speculation about the premises in question.

My wife has a salon. And a new one opened up just a few shops away. All new equipment  top to bottom. Pulled his girlfriend out of a massage shop. She didn't know how to cut hair at all. Farang paid for it all. He goes home and she can't run it. Always asking my wife for help. After 4 months she came over wanting to sell everything.  125,000 of equipment for 30,000. Wife's shop got a nice make over. And we sold my wife's older equipment for about 20,000. Fast forward Mr farang comes back looking for his girlfriend.  No where to be found. He comes and asked what happened to the shop down the street. Took one look inside my wife's shop and his jaw dropped.  I thanked him and told him to take it up with his X girlfriend. 5555

• Haha 2

It helps if your not drunk all the time!

Where are the posts about real men here who don’t succumb to stupid scams in Thailand? Highly educated men with experience living in foreign countries. All we hear about are drunks and losers who “lost it all in love” or opened some stupid bar as a retirement goal, how terrible, who know nothing about money or business.

can’t be true…

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

My wife has a salon

I was a regular at a MP that once did very well, but the market was changing, a lot of nearby competition arrived,  and it was doing less so.... I often sat and chatted with the owner and/ or some of the girls over a coffee, and one day the owner told me she had offloaded to a European guy lock, stock and barrel. I said that was surprising as there appeared to be no business and a lot of competition and why would he buy into that. He had read over the books... but she had used the records from years ago. 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Naamblar2014 said:

A lot of posts here blaming the victim.  The Thais are the ones conducting affairs that are In no way Ethical. There should be a recourse through the Police from these bar tramp scammers, but the police do nothing and this often results in frustration and anger.  It's actually lucky it was a foreigner (only a few items knocked over) because if it was a Thai scammed the result would likely end in gun violence and bloodshed which we have all become accustomed to.  Time the police step up and start investigating this fraud. Otherwise this will continue with ever increasing and dire consequences

I concur...if Somchai got scammed like that the female would be in deep fear for her life for a long time.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

one day the owner told me she had offloaded to a European guy lock, stock and barrel. I said that was surprising as there appeared to be no business and a lot of competition and why would he buy into that

Sounds so similar to the bar scene in Pattaya. 

Stupid foreigners buying beer bars, then having their Thai gf run it. 

The only people making money on small business in Pattaya are the builders (renovation guys) and the sign writer's. 

I see the old Oasis GoGo on Buakhao has been renovated again, they tore everything out, stripped it down and refitted it out, the outside was in finished in a gold flake that looked awesome but it was ripped off before the bar opened. 

It's got new name again, it was renamed Bling but before opening it was stripped down again, now it has a new name again, looking forward to the opening. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 9:17 PM, smedly said:

in fact I know of a particular mother and daughter who have done this several times each

I know a guy on Samui that sells bars, all his friends come and drink in his bar and a tourist thinks it's good business.

When he sells the bar he opens a new one and bring his friends with him.

Now the tourist have an empty bar.

11 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

I know a guy on Samui that sells bars, all his friends come and drink in his bar and a tourist thinks it's good business.

When he sells the bar he opens a new one and bring his friends with him.

Now the tourist have an empty bar.

Its an oldie but a goodie????

• Thumbs Up 1