Money Transfer.

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Wise is great, money in my Thai bank within the hour. Better exchange rate than the banks and quicker. I can't fault Wise. People used to rob banks, now.......................................!????

What you have said has been true, but I don't want to have to depend on them, I just want a back up plan, just in case as I have read of the odd one or two who have had problems getting their transfer.

You can also use Western Union. Very competitive with wise rates. It just takes a couple days for the transfer to go thru. I don't belive coding for immigration purposes goes thru with these or not

You could sit here all day and tomorrow and the following day for that matter trying to obtain a better bottom line than using Wise but you wont get one !

Appreciate you didnt ask that question but its the equivalent of dropping a £20 note on the ground and saying sod it I cant be bothered to pick it up

HSBC will be the closest you get as a back up but they all fall short for one simple reason. Wise being the only provider that uses full interbank rates

• Thanks 1

Lloyds Bank to Bangkok Bank a few weeks ago. Sent in GBP and exchange rate by BKK Bank not too bad (not as good as Wise though). Lloyds fee was £9.50. Money arrived next day. Needed the FET Cert. Good value service for us.

Again some praise for Wise

Whilst I have always used their transfer service I finally ordered one of their debit cards on Sunday, Despite an estimated arrival date of 24th June it came yesterday the Tuesday !

Fair play to them

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Again some praise for Wise

Whilst I have always used their transfer service I finally ordered one of their debit cards on Sunday, Despite an estimated arrival date of 24th June it came yesterday the Tuesday !

Fair play to them

Delivered to Thailand

11 hours ago, Chivas said:

HSBC will be the closest you get as a back up but they all fall short for one simple reason. Wise being the only provider that uses full interbank rates

Absolutely agree with you, plus one other factor. There will be no receiving fee made by the the Thai bank for a Wise transaction, which I believe is something like 500 THB.

• Like 1

There are several other transfer houses similar to Wise, including ones that can often better it on value, if not on service, on lower amounts.

Xendpay is one I've used as they often give special offers which allow them to beat Wise as a one off.