Fastest mail delivery service Thailand to UK?

stefan2519

55 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

An exception, then, if that actually happened. From where did you post it and to where and was it sent, was it during a period of the postal workers' industrial action?

Tracked tax return sent 13th May from Pattaya main post office. Received UK at address 25th May.

12 days.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, topt said:
59 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

An exception, then, if that actually happened. From where did you post it and to where and was it sent, was it during a period of the postal workers' industrial action?

Expand  

Tracked tax return sent 13th May from Pattaya main post office. Received UK at address 25th May.

12 days.

You're not "kidneyw", I was asking him about his claimed "18 days" and the circumstances.

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're not "kidneyw", I was asking him about his claimed "18 days" and the circumstances.

and I was giving a specific real world example to both you and the OP.

Cost was 290 baht by the way for 0.110kg according to the receipt.

When I lived in North Thailand, I always used Thai Post's Registered Airmail Service (NOT EMS) for letters to the UK. If I remember rightly, a red barcode label is stuck to the envelope, along with a blue "Airmail" label, and you can track right through from acceptance to delivery. At that time the cost was 80 baht and transit time up to 10 days.

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

Posted EMS tracked package from Phetchabun to UK International Pension Center at 10:53 on 2nd May arrived and signed for at 08:30 on 10th May. Cost was 1,000 Baht and it spent 6 days at Swampy airport.

Hope this is of interest.

And I thought that registered mail to the same address at 250 THB was expensive! And it usually takes about the same amount of time.

What's slowing down outward mail to the UK is that BA, who would normally carry our mail is not currently flying a direct service to BKK, so alternative carriers have to be found.

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Posted in Bangkok on the 18th. May. Arrived at pension place Wolverhampton on the 6th. June and actually happened. No industrial action going on at the time.

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My  life certificate back to the UK by registered post to Wolverhampton took 14 days.  That was 2 days from Khon Kaen to BKK, 10 days sitting at Bangkok, 1 day flight to UK, 1 day to deliver to Wolverhampton.  Cost 250 baht.    (replaced ' EMS'  by 'registered post')

Edited by lungbing
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, lungbing said:

My  life certificate back to the UK by registered post to Wolverhampton took 14 days.  That was 2 days from Khon Kaen to BKK, 10 days sitting at Bangkok, 1 day flight to UK, 1 day to deliver to Wolverhampton.  Cost 250 baht.    (replaced ' EMS'  by 'registered post')

Thank you for the information.