Thaksin Insists On Returning Next Month Despite Family’s Warning

webfact

If he is indeed coming back, then obviously deals have been done upstairs already, preventing him from any serious punishment and how he will slot in to the present political "crisis".

He has led a charmed life, so is probably aligned with the WEF, Soros, & other major Globalist orgs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

I think they give him sensible advice. After all those years, at the very least he should have the patience to wait until a new government is in office. 

But that timing and ruling, depends on the EC and the CC which are still controlled by the caretaker government under Prayuth.

26 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And why have there been so many military coups where the whole country was stolen from the Thai people against their wishes? 

Because they are all of the same ilk.

Meaning family clans or military leaders, Thailand needs a break from both.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Wonderful.

A link from 2007 that says nothing, other than an investigation will be carried out.

Where are the results and conclusions from this investigation?

Was the investigation even carried out?

http://www.humanrights.asia/resources/journals-magazines/article2/special-report-extrajudicial-killings-of-alleged-drug-dealers-in-thailand/extrajudicial-killings-of-alleged-drug-dealers-in-thailand/

I don’t know much about this man. However, I’ve had many conversations with Thai people about him, especially taxi drivers, some of my close Thai friends—many are wealthy business owners—and my wife. The overwhelming majority of them like Thaksin. Most say that the economy in Thailand was better during his administration. A friend of mine is a respected Thai lawyer. I asked him how he felt about Thaksin’s war on drugs. He said that many of his friends and colleagues didn’t openly discuss it but they were mostly in agreement with what he was doing. My wife on the other hand was born in Bangkok and she’s very conservative. I can’t mention his name in our residence because an argument would take place. The consensus from most of the Thais that I’ve spoken with mostly agree that he’s very smart. One taxi driver flat out said that if he returns, he’d be assassinated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FarangJon said:

Maybe death penalty would be. Disgusting Person.

wow.

advocating for the death of a Thai is fine on aseannow, but a little joke about women not being in the kitchen when they should be is taboo???

give yer heads a wobble!

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

And why have there been so many military coups where the whole country was stolen from the Thai people against their wishes? 

Until recently the military was seen as the savior prayut screwed it up by staying too long and thinking he knew best

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I agree with letting him come home to Thailand.

To be given a retrial by a non military court and see if they agree with the original post military laws installed after the 2006 military coup that overthrew the LEGALLY elected government running the country in 2006.

After all, military coups are illegal are they not? If it was an illegal coup then any laws passed after that must be illegal as well.

Bear in mind that Thaksin's first conviction over the Lardprao land case was while a Pheua Thai government was in power and his nominee was prime minister. None of his cases have been tried in a military court. HIs conviction in the Lardprao and other cases took place in the Supreme Court Criminal Division for Holders of Political Office. This court was established under the 1997 "people's" constitution which applied the 1956 Penal Code. So I guess you must be happy with that, except that you may argue that nearly all of Thailand's law is invalid because it was passed after the military coup of 1932, so that only the laws of absolute monarchy prior to 1932 should be used. 

Thaksin had 36 billion baht restored to him by the Supreme Court in a civil case against the government in 2021 under the Prayut government. Many people argue that this was a travesty of justice and that Thaksin paid a cut of the 36 billion for this ruling but I respect the ruling of the court, due to the contempt of court law that prohibit criticism of court rulings, a law of which your post is in criminal violation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Bear in mind that Thaksin's first conviction over the Lardprao land case was while a Pheua Thai government was in power and his nominee was prime minister. None of his cases have been tried in a military court. HIs conviction in the Lardprao and other cases took place in the Supreme Court Criminal Division for Holders of Political Office. This court was established under the 1997 "people's" constitution which applied the 1956 Penal Code. So I guess you must be happy with that, except that you may argue that nearly all of Thailand's law is invalid because it was passed after the military coup of 1932, so that only the laws of absolute monarchy prior to 1932 should be used. 

Thaksin had 36 billion baht restored to him by the Supreme Court in a civil case against the government in 2021 under the Prayut government. Many people argue that this was a travesty of justice and that Thaksin paid a cut of the 36 billion for this ruling but I respect the ruling of the court, due to the contempt of court law that prohibit criticism of court rulings, a law of which your post is in criminal violation.

Please don't point out the facts to those who want to keep bleating how Thaksin is innocent because he was tried by the military appointed courts - when in fact he was tried and found guilty before the military took over - what a shame  for the converted and the misguided. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, jcmj said:

He may have been greedy and screwed a lot of people but it’s not like he’s the only one. I think he was great for the Foreigners. At least he welcomed us and made life easier. He also was good for the economy. Sure he f’d up with the monopoly on the phone and shares manipulation, but I’d still rather have him than Mr. P and his cohorts. They have destroyed the country in the last decade and put targets on all foreigners. JMO

Sorry wrong, he disliked foreigners and made no attempt to change/adjust the severe negatives imposed on foreigners by his right hand man Purachai.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

How did you reach this conclusion?

Whilst considering all the possibilities, did you ask yourself whether you yourself are either misinformed, ignorant or outright wrong in your opinions on this particular topic?

Or, asked another way, how do you know you are right?

Yawn, double yawn.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, huangnon said:

If he is indeed coming back, then obviously deals have been done upstairs already, preventing him from any serious punishment and how he will slot in to the present political "crisis".

He has led a charmed life, so is probably aligned with the WEF, Soros, & other major Globalist orgs.

That would be the obvious conclusion - that he's already worked out a deal and received a green light from that particular high influence. Even the simpletons could figure this out [or....maybe not]. 

Otherwise, they surely wouldn't be shaking the trees of attention or giving it so much surface promotion as such. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

You clearly know absolutely nothing about the Rachadapisek land case and how ridiculous the charges were.

Here, educate yourself:

https://www.newmandala.org/a-response-to-vanina-sucharitkul/

BTW, some news from 2018 - Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will no longer be liable to serve the two-year jail sentence handed down 10-years ago in the Ratchadaphisek land case once the statute of limitations expires in October.  

Oh, another by the way, if you think the Thai courts aren’t politicised, we’ll, ????????????

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Please don't point out the facts to those who want to keep bleating how Thaksin is innocent because he was tried by the military appointed courts - when in fact he was tried and found guilty before the military took over - what a shame  for the converted and the misguided. 

Facts?

????????????????

Misguided?

Somebody certainly is.

17 hours ago, jcmj said:

He may have been greedy and screwed a lot of people but it’s not like he’s the only one. I think he was great for the Foreigners. At least he welcomed us and made life easier. He also was good for the economy. Sure he f’d up with the monopoly on the phone and shares manipulation, but I’d still rather have him than Mr. P and his cohorts. They have destroyed the country in the last decade and put targets on all foreigners. JMO

I guess you forgot that Taksin is the one that started the crack down on boarder runs and changed the fines on overstaying. It went from an IO joking and laughing about an overstay to it being a big issue. 

I do agree he did some good things, started the 30B medical program,  finally got the new airport completed and the economy was humming along. 

17 hours ago, thecyclist said:

They haven't done anything yet because they are not in power yet. Prayut is still running the show. 

.... And being obstructed in there attempts by the current junta and his wolves. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, huangnon said:

It's how the world works......whether we like it or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

.... And being obstructed in there attempts by the current junta and his wolves. 

Whom, to our dismay, will retain their strangle hold when this is all said and done. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HK MacPhooey said:

And if he wasn't so greedy when he was PM he would be PM for life, the country might be the powerhouse of SE Asia by now and he would have had enough time to continue amassing his family fortune with impunity... 

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Last (current) guy hung in for over 8 years so I agree Thaksin could have lasted longer if he had managed it better. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ericthai said:

I guess you forgot that Taksin is the one that started the crack down on boarder runs and changed the fines on overstaying. It went from an IO joking and laughing about an overstay to it being a big issue. 

I do agree he did some good things, started the 30B medical program,  finally got the new airport completed and the economy was humming along. 

While Thaksin was PM of Thailand was his job to implement policies that benefit Thailand and Thais or was it his job to look after foreigners?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1