79 new MPs face scrutiny as Election Commission says only 321 to be declared elected on June 21st

webfact

1 hour ago, ozz1 said:

Talk about dragging i out meanwhile the country is in limbo while these buffoons can't make up their minds we all know why

dragging? they have 60 days, it is no where near the deadline

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

18 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Maybe they could better do something in a foreign country and be jailed there, that is less worse than here playing in a election. The Ec is appointed by the military bases Government and of course they have toduty to protect the power of the army in the country. Non military Government is a threat and they will open all kind of tricks to prevent that the make a Government. But they forgot we are now living in 2023 and  lwith the last time Future Forward disbanning, people showed they were not amused. This time is they dare to do the same with  Move Forward.......I think it will be hell

They can't make up some fraud.....I doubt there is a secret conspiracy that all know and no one speak about it. They might look a bit closer but I doubt they'll block any clean candidate.....And they would not for no reason make problems with one of the richest oligarch in Thailand.

No it won't be hell...it will be a PTP government.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

The EC is like Phuak (Termites ) ...

Working silently  day and Night to dismantle the MFP .

If , ever , they succeed , Thailand will lose all credibility as an democracy .

Long live the Monarchy ...

loose credibility where? in China? Laos? Russia? USA? European Union with Mrs. unelected von der Leyen?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sidneybear said:

People in the west should be laughing at themselves. What kind of a country gives its electorate a choice between Biden and Trump? The electorate buys into it to, comparing one against the other, when they're both terrible. Talk about gullible. 

Most of Europe it is similar but 4-5 parties that are mostly identical....a pure illusion of democracy. And the campaigns are less meaningful than the song contest....
It is a distraction and democracy simulation so the people don't revolt. I guess similar in USA.....and now every side get some "hope" candidate (Kennedy for the Dems and Trump or DeSantis for the Reps) and only he wins next time it will be all better....and the older one wait since the 1960s for that next time when everything gets better.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I don't know... I can't talk freely as I've been blocked once already, but I don't Think a PTP Government will do.. Bumjaithai has questions too about the ballot boxes and they won all 10 constitutions... If you watch tv and see how popular Pita is, he even won more in the Pheu Thai area than expected...Thanathorn's banning brought demonstrations in the street, Pita banning will be much worse I believe, as goes about nothing.... a minimum share in media company that doesn't broadcast for years already

"blocked" Yes freedom of speech is a problem.....

It seems Pita is very popular but on the other hand that is also an image that is created on purpose, which burns hot and fast and than get forgotten again. Demonstrations on the street, sure yes. But if PTP makes the government it won't be much. I think they can't ban PTP and MF...or they can but not easily. But PTP could be the compromise and for a while some old red shirts speak very critical about MF. I doubt they do that without orders from big T from Dubai.
My bet is on a PTP government...but I wouldn't bet too much on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

Thai election laws, like virtually all Thai laws, always have some vagueness so that they can be "interpreted" (anyone ever visit Thai immigration?). The EC was appointed by the Junta and will always find something to question based on their "interpretation" of the rules. Moreover, they'll take their sweet time in doing so against an opposition candidate as every day after the election goes by, the sense of momentum of the winning, Pro-Democracy side wanes just a little. Finally, after they have done their best to blunt a sense of momentum, they'll refer the case to the NACC "out of an abundance of caution.

The process is clear as day.

"Concerns" will be raised. Bull<deleted> rules and regulations will be cited. "Doubts" will be cast. "Questions" will be asked.

In August , approximately four months after the election, when the momentum from the election has worn off and the leading candidate or candidates from the opposition side have been tarnished in the name of "making sure everything is correct", then they will decide if they want the tarnished candidate or they decide that "more investigations" are needed to "ensure fairness" and muddy it up further.

This is all by design and was planned a few years ago.

Power in Thailand isn't given, it is taken. If Pita and the Pro-Democracy side want to govern, they need to start fighting back, and quickly. Leaks about the EC members and their pre-election overseas trips and perks, point out the ridiculousness of involving the Senate, discreetly organize street demos, start making public statements about how stupid the process is, etc.

Political power is an ephemeral thing as it is rarely measured, The vast majority of time, political power exists simply because people think you have it. Conversely, if people don't think you have it, you don't have it.

If Pita wants to be PM, he needs to fight like hell now while he has the afterglow of a Democratic election. If he sits back and allows himself to be belittled, judged and insulted by his foes, his power will evaporate before he even uses it

good news for the dollar

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidneybear said:

People are watching? From where? From kakistocracies like the US and UK? The west needs to get it own house in order before lecturing Thailand on how it should behave. 

in america we just indicted a former president.

• Thumbs Up 1

The EC is merely a vicarious agent in maintaining certain power structures. Now the people could actually vote. And the election result is a slap in the face to those in power.

The election results show strong support for both Pheu Thai and Move Forward with almost 70% of the population, which is also confirmed in the voting on the party lists at the national level.

In a functioning democracy, the case would now be clear as who has the right to run the country if the people's election results were then respected.

And from an institutional point of view, that would be exactly the task of an independent EC to protect the election result of the people. Unfortunately one cannot see that the EC is willing to fulfill this fundamental task.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, h90 said:

"blocked" Yes freedom of speech is a problem.....

It seems Pita is very popular but on the other hand that is also an image that is created on purpose, which burns hot and fast and than get forgotten again. Demonstrations on the street, sure yes. But if PTP makes the government it won't be much. I think they can't ban PTP and MF...or they can but not easily. But PTP could be the compromise and for a while some old red shirts speak very critical about MF. I doubt they do that without orders from big T from Dubai.
My bet is on a PTP government...but I wouldn't bet too much on it.

If confirmed, it would show how desperate the yellow-green establishment is.

They conspired and made two coups to get rid of Thaksin and PT, and now they would conspire to put PT back into power? What a loss of face!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidneybear said:

People are watching? From where? From kakistocracies like the US and UK? The west needs to get it own house in order before lecturing Thailand on how it should behave. 

maybe from the Democracy in China or the democratic elected president of the European Union....In fact no one cares...Just a couple of days ago I had a customer who thought Thailand and Taiwan is one and the same country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

The EC is like Phuak (Termites ) ...

Working silently  day and Night to dismantle the MFP .

If , ever , they succeed , Thailand will lose all credibility as an democracy .

You mean lose all possibility of regaining democracy?

Edited by hotchilli

2 minutes ago, candide said:

If confirmed, it would show how desperate the yellow-green establishment is.

They conspired and made two coups to get rid of Thaksin and PT, and now they would conspire to put PT back into power? What a loss of face!

Loose of face is total overrated.....Look at history, not only in Asia....the Elites fought each other and months later the fought along each other against some other elites. It was a bit more clear when there were monarchies in Europe, now it is the Oligarchs....EF is Thai Summit who threaten the alcohol families, than there are the old elites...one big soap opera with changing alliances...

34 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

The EC is merely a vicarious agent in maintaining certain power structures. Now the people could actually vote. And the election result is a slap in the face to those in power.

The election results show strong support for both Pheu Thai and Move Forward with almost 70% of the population, which is also confirmed in the voting on the party lists at the national level.

In a functioning democracy, the case would now be clear as who has the right to run the country if the people's election results were then respected.

And from an institutional point of view, that would be exactly the task of an independent EC to protect the election result of the people. Unfortunately one cannot see that the EC is willing to fulfill this fundamental task.

100% correct, It is amazing that 1 man can stop the formation of a elected goverment, but the thai's will just do nothing, have no sympathy as they voted in this constitution.

Edited by MikeandDow

51 minutes ago, malibukid said:

in america we just indicted a former president.

Yes, it's laughable. Even more so when you consider all the highly intelligent and level headed Americans, people with a philosophy and a worldview that you meet in your everyday life, who would be much better leaders than Biden or Trump.

• Thanks 1