Chonburi Lottery Winner Uses 240,000 Baht of Winnings to “Feed” Ghosts

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The lottery winner, who kept their name withheld from the media, ................................................ to rent 200 banquet tables and set up a massive dinner for ghosts at a Chinese cemetery

inteesting, nowhere in the article was a Thai organiser mentioned however many comments regarding the mental state/cultural beliefs of Thai people. IMO it suggests a Chinese organiser.

Whatever, from the photo it appears the "Ghostbusters" have done their job!

• Like 1

"...The feast included rice crackers, appetizers, fish maw, minced chicken, steamed ruby fish with lime, seafood salad, fried rice, ginkgo and coconuts along with much more..."

What did she serve for drinks; Distilled Spirits?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, rwill said:

It's extremely common for people here to go to shrines and make promises for donations if the spirits let them win.

I once saw a tree wearing a dress.  A lottery winner had kept his promise after praying to the lucky vegetation.

19 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Far too many Thai people are stupid beyond belief!

Agreed. Women waiting ages for a monk to pass in the morning so's to give them food to gain merit. Upon receiving the the offering the monk then proceeds to the temple and gives 90%, or more, of the food to soi dogs waiting at the gates.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

20 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

inteesting, nowhere in the article was a Thai organiser mentioned however many comments regarding the mental state/cultural beliefs of Thai people. IMO it suggests a Chinese organiser.

Whatever, from the photo it appears the "Ghostbusters" have done their job!

Yes you are quite correct. Those who had read the full article would have come across '--tables and set up a massive dinner for ghosts at a Chinese cemetery at the Trikhun Dharma Foundation',

But, as usual those Neanderthals' who cannot resist the opportunity to have a sly dig at everything Thai crawl out of the woodwork, even when it's not a Thai function at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RanongCat said:

And so how many who laugh joke serious believe is superior to go church to say hello that ghost? Also give money on way out .

I suspect non of them. The only 'spirit' that those kind of 'contributors' are interested in comes out of bottle. (and I'm not referring to a genie)

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 10:52 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

This is what happens when a person with low IQ and poor education gets a lot of money.

Better giving it to a worthwhile charity to benefit those still living in hardship.

Just my opinion of course.

Try reading the full article before making comments like this. And what do you know about the man's IQ anyway?

'According to one of the living attendees, Ms. Laphatsarada Rakhangtong, after the ghosts finished eating the food was given to members of the local community in need. Social media was used to advertise the event and invite those in need to eat whatever the ghosts did not finish'.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 10:52 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

This is what happens when a person with low IQ and poor education gets a lot of money.

Better giving it to a worthwhile charity to benefit those still living in hardship.

Just my opinion of course.

I'm pretty sure the lottery winner would understandably disagree with your opinion.

And it's his money and how he chooses to spend it is entirely up to him.

• Thumbs Up 1