Are you actually hungry ? Habit or need ?

The Cobra

15 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

one doctor pointed out that if you are metabolically healthy, then insulin spikes will not cause problems.

I was recently worried when my pee started to smell sweet. But I figure it was due to either, consuming fruit juice at the time, or using more sugar in my coffee...

Things are back to normal now that I consume less of both.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

A good way to eat fruit is after a protein shake or high protein meal as the protein inhibits insulin spikes. Also, go for a walk immediately after consuming the fruit. And resistance training a couple of times a week

all this extra protein people are eating these days is putting extra strain on your kidneys. Today I've had 6 different fruits and many different vegetables, great, all that fiber

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

all this extra protein people are eating these days is putting extra strain on your kidneys. Today I've had 6 different fruits and many different vegetables, great, all that fiber

Please stop. I provided a bunch of links previously which showed that modern medical advice is to eat more protein as you get older to prevent sarcopenia. And to reduce carbs. You have ignored and not addressed any of those links. At this point your advice is misinformation.

The recommendation is 1g per kg of body weight. Protein can cause kidney damage if eaten in excess which is highly unlikely.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Please stop. I provided a bunch of links previously which showed that modern medical advice is to eat more protein as you get older to prevent sarcopenia. And to reduce carbs. You have ignored and not addressed any of those links. At this point your advice is misinformation.

The recommendation is 1g per kg of body weight. Protein can cause kidney damage if eaten in excess which is highly unlikely.

videos and links don't add much really as there is always contradictory ones out there and no i don't bother with your links

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

videos and links don't add much really as there is always contradictory ones out there and no i don't bother with your links

As I suspected, you are uninformed if you disdain links (and therefore evidence). Where do you get the science from that tells you sugar and high carbs are good for you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

As I suspected, you are uninformed if you disdain links (and therefore evidence). Where do you get the science from that tells you sugar and high carbs are good for you?

Do some research yourself, a Mediterranean diet in Thailand is useless, never catch on. Ask vegetarians about high carb, they do ok, not many fat ones, unless they eat too much fat

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Do some research yourself, a Mediterranean diet in Thailand is useless, never catch on. Ask vegetarians about high carb, they do ok, not many fat ones, unless they eat too much fat

Give it a rest. I eat a Mediterranean diet in Thailand. It's myth that eating fat makes you you fat. Sugar does, incl sugar from carbs. Nothing else.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Give it a rest. I eat a Mediterranean diet in Thailand. It's myth that eating fat makes you you fat. Sugar does, incl sugar from carbs. Nothing else.

Don't be silly, of course it's fat, worse is the fat\sugar combo foods, ice cream, chocolate, pastries etc. Eat extra chocolate bars every day and see what happens

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't be silly, of course it's fat, worse is the fat\sugar combo foods, ice cream, chocolate, pastries etc. Eat extra chocolate bars every day and see what happens

I lost weight eating bacon and cheese everyday.

17 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

If you want to make a point do please find someone a little less boring.

Any excuse to ignore science. That he's boring isn't a consideration for me.

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Link to evidence. All your dietary advice is the exact antithesis of expert dietary advice.

3 hours ago, shackleton said:

I have a couple of coffees in the ???? 

Toasted roll for lunch main meal in the evening fried chicken boiled potatoes gravy fried egg ect????

Wife is a good cook 

Now starting next week going on a diet put on to much weight have my hospital appointment in July need to lose a few kilos ????

I am out walking in the afternoon as well 

Vegetables? Fruits? Herbs.....?

No? 

????

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

All your dietary advice is the exact antithesis of expert dietary advice

Guff again, so these experts recommend eating lots of junk food? such as ice cream, chocolate, pastries, cakes, biscuits, crisps? it's just common sense, what happens when you eat this stuff, guess what, you put weight on

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Guff again, so these experts recommend eating lots of junk food? such as ice cream, chocolate, pastries, cakes, biscuits, crisps? it's just common sense, what happens when you eat this stuff, guess what, you put weight on

All high carb foods. It isn't hard to work out 

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:
49 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

If you want to make a point do please find someone a little less boring.

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Any excuse to ignore science. That he's boring isn't a consideration for me.

My 'excuse' is that I feel just fine on my TRF routine and have been doing so for the last 2 years at least. That's enough 'evidence' for me thank you.

4 hours ago, Mbolo said:

I actually don’t know what it means to be hungry. All in my family have a nerve missing in the stomach which is meant to send a message to the brain that it’s hungry. So, I can go days without eating and feel nothing, I only eat because I know I should eat. I’m 10 stone….same as I was in 1968. 

Despite your missing nerve, dont your energy levels drop telling you to eat something to keep your blood sugar up? I sometimes used to go all day  eating next to nothing if not hungry, but as I get older if I dont eat reasonably regularly I feel drained mentally as well as physically and I can actually feel quite unwell, e.g., late morning after a light breakfast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I agree that you need to keep protein levels high, especially as you get older.

I also agree that scubascuba's health advice is mostly misinformation. I would recommend to stop debating with this individual. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

You clearly read a lot of scientific studies.

And that's highly commendable.

But by debating with folks on here, you are diminishing your efforts.

Most people on here will just plant seeds of doubt about what you've learned.

And most people don't know what they're talking about.

I suggest you continue reading the scientific articles and always bear in mind that there is a lot of conflicting information out there. 

And get off the internet. People will detract you more than anything else. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pastries, chocolate and ice cream is a demon for many of us. I like to think I'm not alone. I try to avoid all, so I can have a few beers a day. My main staple which I really cant do without is bread, butter and cheese in the morning, mix it up with cottage cheese and fruit when I have it. Dinner is usually salmon, baked chicken or sometimes meatballs or steak with mashed potatoes or rice.