People flee high-rise buildings in Bangkok as Myanmar quake tremors felt

webfact

image.png

Many office workers in high-rise buildings in Bangkok and Nonthaburi province rushed into the streets after they felt their buildings shake this morning (Monday).

One netizen tweeted that he was on the 13th floor of a building in the Lat Phrao area when he saw ceiling lamps swaying and felt dizzy.

Another said that she dared not re-enter their building, after she and her colleagues ran out.

The Meteorological Department said in a statement this morning that a 6 magnitude earthquake was recorded at 8.40am, with its epicentre located about 10km under the sea near the southern coast of Myanmar, at latitude 15.266 degrees north and longitude 96.488 degrees east and about 289km southwest of Phob Phra district of Tak province.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/people-flee-high-rise-buildings-in-bangkok-as-myanmar-quake-tremors-felt/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-06-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

I was sitting on my sofa on the 10th floor near Asoke when I felt the building start to sway.

At first I thought I was suffering some kind of strange vertigo attack, so I looked around for physical clues as to what was going on. I saw that the pull-chain on a nearby floor lamp was swinging back and forth, so I decided it was probably an earthquake, but I was still debating whether to evacuate the apartment when the swaying stopped. Very disconcerting...!

• Haha 1