Bangkok Bank Changing your branch.

BBL moved unilaterally and without notice to me my Kalasin account from the Big C Mall there to the main branch in town when they closed the Mall sub branch, removing the ATM, cash deposit and passbook update machines too. It's not as convenient to head in to town and parking a bit of a 'mare at times. They have never had a branch or an ATM at Lotus's. So now I have to head in to town centre if I need to use the branch rather than an an ATM. And there are not so many BBL ATM's these days for a free rather than charged withdrawal either. Where I live in the boondocks cash is still king and the nearest BBL ATM is about 15 km away, Kalasin city is over 30km. Otherwise it's a govt bank ATM about 5km away which charges seemingly at random a variety of amounts, sometimes nil, sometimes 20 or 30 baht per withdrawal. And it's often empty from Friday pm until Monday even Tuesday pm which I put down to the proliferation of illegal gambling dens in every village, at almost every funeral party which the police of course do nothing about, being in on them.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:00 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Open a new account at the branch you prefer. Transfer the funds from the original account to the new account. Close the original account.

Before you do that call the BBL call centre and ask their advice how to proceed, 1333 in Thailand or (66) 0 2645 5555 from abroad.

All the officers speak advanced English, good listeners and well informed.

Good luck,

Iฺ know Bangkok bank is quite anal about being at the home branch to do certain things, like getting a new passbook (only after the original/previous ones has been lost) understandable in the day where they had to go look in physical copies of your signature to match on file in the home branch, but presumably all signup papers should be scanned and available at all branches these day and age.

Some fixed deposit account also can't be withdrawn out of area for some reason

It used to be that having a 'home branch' that knows you has benefits like being able to make transaction without ID, but all that's gone with regulation requiring ID for all now, some might give you leeway in some things like forgetting your passbook and such