Sri Racha Road Accident Kills Two Foreigners on Motorbike

snoop1130

355481975_727227212743433_3088008468582482874_n-696x392.jpg

Two foreigners of unknown nationality rear-ended their motorbike into an 18-wheeler on a Sri Racha road and died. The accident took place yesterday, June 21st, on Motorway 7 inbound to Pattaya within the Bang Phra sub-district of Chonburi province.

At the accident scene, authorities discovered a white Hino 18-wheeler parked on the road. The motorcycle involved in the collision was a Honda ADV 150, which had crashed into the back of a truck and suffered extensive damage.

Tragically, two foreign individuals were found deceased, one identified as Mr. Navid Dilmahomed. He was lying face down with severe injuries to his face and body, while the other victim, whose name remains unknown, had injuries to his face and body and was lying face up.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Caption: PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/06/22/sri-racha-road-accident-kills-two-foreigners-on-motorbike/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-06-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

They must have been going near highway speed and ran right into the back of the truck. 

I don't think they are supposed to even be on that road on a small motorcycle. 

They probably didn't have a legal motorcycle license.

I don't know what gets into these people that don't ride motorcycles in their own country but when they get to Thailand, they think it's easy and they can handle it. I've had an motorcycle since I was a teenager but I think Thailand is not a regular or normal place to ride a motorcycle let alone learning how to ride one.

Food for though: Thailand is ranked one in the world for motorcycle accidents.  

https://www.bikesrepublic.com/featured/10-countries-with-the-highest-proportion-motorcycle-related-deaths/

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I don't think they are supposed to even be on that road on a small motorcycle. 

I didn't know some roads in Thailand had a minimum CC limit. Is this a new thing? The Philippines has a 400cc min on some highways. A major reason I spent 10 years in the Philippines. 

1 minute ago, gargamon said:

I didn't know some roads in Thailand had a minimum CC limit. Is this a new thing? The Philippines has a 400cc min on some highways. A major reason I spent 10 years in the Philippines. 

There was an old rule banning motorcycles from motorways completely, but it was disputed and argued over in relation to big bikes....tbh I am not sure what the final position came to be. 

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Not looking where they were going, hit the back of a parked truck?

pretty big to miss, I don't believe the truck drivers version of events, he already admitted to being in an accident with someone else at the time, it makes no sense to me

13 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

They probably didn't have a legal motorcycle license.

I don't know what gets into these people that don't ride motorcycles in their own country but when they get to Thailand, they think it's easy and they can handle it. I've had an motorcycle since I was a teenager but I think Thailand is not a regular or normal place to ride a motorcycle let alone learning how to ride one.

Food for though: Thailand is ranked one in the world for motorcycle accidents.  

https://www.bikesrepublic.com/featured/10-countries-with-the-highest-proportion-motorcycle-related-deaths/

What makes you think they "probably didn't have a legal motorcycle bike licence" Sherlock?

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

tbh I am not sure what the final position came to be. 

Until last March I never saw a private big bike on M7 and M9.

Also can't say whether legality has changed.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I had to guess.........

Bike is speeding along, drafting closely behind a big truck.  Big truck slows down for unknown reason....perhaps the big truck parked in the emergency lane.  Rider pops left without looking to undertake in the emergency lane...........Bam!

• Thumbs Up 2

The problem is the location and how it is reported - 2-wheelers are not allowed on motorways period -regardless of engine size – but clearly that accident is not on the motorway. It may be a frontage road.

Another problem is the time – what time was it?

Sri Racha district is very large it stretches for Laem Chabang to Bang Sen to the Rayong border.

The traffic on the frontage roads is VERY heavy and a stopped vehicle may not have ben seen if another vehicle in front of the bike had obscured their view. There is of course no hard shoulder for the truck to park on.

13 hours ago, smedly said:

pretty big to miss, I don't believe the truck drivers version of events, he already admitted to being in an accident with someone else at the time, it makes no sense to me

Rear enders are almost always the fault of the driver behind.  If the truck moved over at speed, it wouldn't have caused a sudden stop. The truck is in its lane. Not half over.

The riders made a mistake. Ppl somewhere probably make the same mistake every day. But it doesn't result in this. 

On 6/22/2023 at 6:52 PM, smedly said:

something not quite right hear, makes no sense

RIP

Navid was a friend we cannot believe this has happened ???? we also think there is more to this than what they say