Pattaya City Launches Sweeping Operation on Homeless and Beggars

snoop1130

S__147128335-696x522.jpg

Pattaya officials finally addressed public concerns about pushy beggars last night, having arrested around four individuals during a citywide sweeping operation.

More than 60 city officials, police officers, and immigration, including Wuttisak Rerkmakij, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya City, joined in an operation to inspect beggars yesterday, June 21st.

The operation came after multiple complaints from tourists and residents alike that beggars were causing annoyance among tourists by peddling flowers and candies. Some people were also concerned about alleged human trafficking and the exploitation of children by these beggars.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/06/22/pattaya-city-launches-sweeping-operation-on-homeless-and-beggars/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-06-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

If the picture is indicative of their actions it appears they are harassing some poor lost soul who is laying around leaning on a couple of trash bins bothering nobody. I thought the problem was really organized hawkers pushing flowers in your face with an aggressive attitude. 

They're using the latest AI tech broom to sweep the streets clean... it has no emotional concerns.

There are legit beggars and homeless there who need help and not "sweeping". Maybe they should help to re-home them or help get some medical checkup.

Those kids with flowers and candies, many are really used by human trafficking groups. I remember in Sukhumvit soi 3, some kids seem drugged too. My friend and I fed a little girl and even the people there said, just be careful because there are eyes around. 

Pattaya crackdown reveals foreigners living illegally amid beggar population
Mitch Connor

image.jpeg

Photo Courtesy of Istock

In a sudden manoeuvre, Pattaya City set into motion an operation designed to clear the city’s vibrant tourist hotspot of beggars. This Pattaya crackdown operation surprisingly unearthed many foreigners residing illegally within the country.

Wutthisak Ruemkijjakarn, the deputy mayor of Pattaya, revealed that the Pattaya crackdown took place on Wednesday evening under the watchful eye of numerous authorities.

This included officials from Chon Buri’s Social Development and Human Security Office, Pattaya’s local police, Provincial Police Region 2, and representatives from the Immigration Bureau.

The Pattaya crackdown raids targeted numerous locations known for beggar populations. One such location was the iconic Pattaya Walking Street, where officials apprehended two individuals as part of the operation, according to Wutthisak, who also highlighted the notable recent increase in beggars around the city.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/pattaya-crackdown-reveals-foreigners-living-illegally-amid-beggar-population

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

13 hours ago, bignok said:

So all tuk tuk drivers are beggars then. They are the worst.

I had a woman try to sell me a raincoat after I fell down stairs and injured myself. She tried for 2 minutes while I was in pain. Unbelievable.

She knew the weather forecast.

What about those ignorant b**""s who constantly pestering your while your trying to eat a meal. They literally que up to pester you while you trying to eat. No respect at all as they's no shame in insulting a Ferang!

Most of them seem to be Thai's as well in those 'reserve occupations' and even when their not it's rare to see the restaurant/bar staff try and stop the.

After the 3rd one in a row I generally stand up and scream at them to f*** off then ask the restaurant staff to stop them bothering me or I won't eat their again.

Of course they always look at me as a crazy Frang...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cracker2000 said:

What about those ignorant b**""s who constantly pestering your while your trying to eat a meal. They literally que up to pester you while you trying to eat. No respect at all as they's no shame in insulting a Ferang!

Most of them seem to be Thai's as well in those 'reserve occupations' and even when their not it's rare to see the restaurant/bar staff try and stop the.

After the 3rd one in a row I generally stand up and scream at them to f*** off then ask the restaurant staff to stop them bothering me or I won't eat their again.

Lottery ticket sellers?

7 minutes ago, Cracker2000 said:

Don't shoot the messenger, but It might be a good idea to see a professional about your anger issues?

• Like 1