Mini Cooper Crashes into School Bus, 15 Students Injured. Porsche Crashes into Store

webfact

10 hours ago, 2baht said:

Who were racing the cars?

Read the report!!!! it says they were.

4 hours ago, GaryPustynskiy said:

After reading the article I still can't understand who won the race ????

The two idiot drivers should now be locked up for quite a number of years as well as paying very large amount of compensation, damage, medical, loss of income, inconvenience. and a a bit more for stupidity.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

IMO, and I could be wrong  "Them " in the " The horseless carriage is beyond the comprehension of many of them!" is a reference to Thais . In fact the reply asked me   

"Who were racing the cars? " as an answer to who was "them"

Now you could say that when he said "Them" he meant kids., but then why not say kids instead of them?

Them = Thai's!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

That answers the what not the who:smile:

IMO, and I could be wrong  "Them " in the " The horseless carriage is beyond the comprehension of many of them!" is a reference to Thais . In fact the reply asked me   

"Who were racing the cars? " as an answer to who was "them"

Now you could say that when he said "Them" he meant kids., but then why not say kids instead of them?

Lunatics? Certainly! But definitely no just a Thai condition ,  in fact six days ago 3 teenagers were killed at a road-racing accident in Tennessee.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2023/06/18/3-teens-killed-in-single-car-crash-fleeing-street-race-in-nashville-police-say/70334332007/

In another article:

"Illegal street racing has reportedly surged ever since Covid-19 hit the US in earnest last spring, with officials reporting increases in states such as Georgia, New York, New Mexico and Oregon, among others, officials said. and that these competitive motorists have killed several unsuspecting drivers.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/13/us-deadly-street-racing-surge-pandemic

I can go on and on, but the point is that this is not a Thai thing but something that some young people  do, all around the world. 

Unfortunately your valid points are unlikely to cut any ice with those on here who hold each and every Thai person in sneeringly patronising contempt with their brazenly arrogant "Me Mr Ultra-Superior and 1,000,000%-Perfect Westerner" attitude, and who always deploy the same old "Off Topic" excuse whenever anyone has in their eyes the temerity to tar Westerners with the same negative brush as they gleefully do Thais.

Edited by OJAS
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I thought so.

Isn't funny how you conveniently chose to ignore the rest of my reply which along with links proved you wrong?  

Should I pack up and get back to where I came from?

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Unfortunately your valid points are unlikely to cut any ice with those on here who hold each and every Thai person in sneeringly patronising contempt with their brazenly arrogant "Me Mr Ultra-Superior and 1,000,000%-Perfect Westerner" attitude, and who always deploy the same old "Off Topic" excuse whenever anyone has in their eyes the temerity to tar Westerners with the same negative brush as they gleefully do Thais.

Should we leave?

10 hours ago, sirineou said:

I can go on and on, but the point is that this is not a Thai thing but something that some young people  do, all around the world. 

But this is a Thai post... what happens in the rest of the world is irrelevant.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, tkramer said:

“Technology should not be in the hands of those that did not invent it”

Meaning that the highest level of transportation allowed would be a Buffalo and. Cart.

At least the buffalo knows the way home, so the driver can drink or sleep. 

But no racing bufs in Thailand

No mention of testing both drivers for alcohol ,drugs , no mention

of what the police had to say , another half story with lots of license

plate numbers for lottery buyers .....most important.

regards worgeordie