Looking for recommendations and suggestions

Good day,

Does anyone know or had experience with obtaining Non B VISA and Work Permit as a small Thai Company owner ?

I have received several offers from Visa agency but surprisingly the cost starts from 30,000 Baht. I am wondering if possible to obtain the VISA independently with complete paperwork instead of using Visa agency or anyone here knows where to find the reasonable and worthwhile Visa Agency in Bangkok ? Thank you!

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, cutestwolf23 said:

Does anyone know or had experience with obtaining Non B VISA and Work Permit as a small Thai Company owner

So let's clarify ..,

You join forum one hour ago and inquire about opening a business 

It's complex and you would  need to add lot more information such as current status in Thailand. 

Example married to a Thai etc. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you have a viable business plan, and plan to establish a Thai company to pursue it, you will need legal help to ensure you have effective control while there is the required 51% Thai ownership on paper. You should be including your visa as one of the deliverables you expect the lawyer to provide as part of the company establishment.

Note that, if you are a US citizen. you have options under the Treaty of Amity between Thailand and the US.

Forget the Thai company idea if you do not have a good business plan on how to make it profitable. There are some significant costs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sikishrory said:

I remember when they did my first one the pile of documents HR had for the application was about 20cm high. I normally prefer to do these kinds of things myself but for this one i'd be happy to let an agent do it

You are right, I am just fine tuning how it works. Thanks for your sharing

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I do not know where you are from so there is that... second, if 30,000B is a milestone then maybe you should consider a different career path...

Please note that I am looking for a recommendation from those who have experienced to the mentioned topic, and for me is better to understand how it works instead of getting drowned just because unaware. Thanks for your comment 

22 hours ago, cutestwolf23 said:

Please note that I am looking for a recommendation from those who have experienced to the mentioned topic, and for me is better to understand how it works instead of getting drowned just because unaware. Thanks for your comment 

Please read your own post... you seem to think that getting help to acquire a visa which permits you to set up a company in Thailand is unreasonable at 30,000B... to me that's laughable

• Like 1

23 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

It is quite ignorant to write like that. If people are careful with their money, so what??

If THAT distrubs you so much, then it says more about you actually...

It's not about being careful with one's money... it's about being reasonable in one's expectations to successfully accomplish one's goals... the OP wants help, but is not willing or able to pay the market price... a proven failure recipe.

23 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you have a viable business plan, and plan to establish a Thai company to pursue it, you will need legal help to ensure you have effective control while there is the required 51% Thai ownership on paper. You should be including your visa as one of the deliverables you expect the lawyer to provide as part of the company establishment.

Note that, if you are a US citizen. you have options under the Treaty of Amity between Thailand and the US.

Forget the Thai company idea if you do not have a good business plan on how to make it profitable. There are some significant costs.

"while there is the required 51% Thai ownership on paper." The 51% Thai ownership is a legal requirement when concerning a non USA person. The 51% ownership stays the same even if you have a construction in place to have more votes in the company.

On 6/25/2023 at 8:52 PM, cutestwolf23 said:

Good day,

Does anyone know or had experience with obtaining Non B VISA and Work Permit as a small Thai Company owner ?

I have received several offers from Visa agency but surprisingly the cost starts from 30,000 Baht. I am wondering if possible to obtain the VISA independently with complete paperwork instead of using Visa agency or anyone here knows where to find the reasonable and worthwhile Visa Agency in Bangkok ? Thank you!

Yes, I have experience in this area.  Do you already own a small Thai company?  To me, Bt30k for help in applying for a NonB visa/work permit only sounds very reasonable.  As BritTim notes if you're setting up a new company, normally this would be part of the overall start-up legal fees. 

In my case the initial NonB Visa / work permit were handled by the law firm that set up my company.

After the initial set-up I hired my book keeping firm to handle the NonB visa and work permit extensions. There's tons of paperwork involved and the requirements change from year to year.   Bt30k for handling all of this sounds incredibly reasonable.

One year I had to apply for a new NonB e-visa from the Thai consulate in my home country. My work permit had already been extended.  I applied myself and it was reasonably straight forward.