Barriers to transgender people accessing Thailand’s healthcare system

webfact

Just now, Jingthing said:

Cisgender is not a slur.

It is to those who are offended by it. Can you not get that?

Why can't you just shut up and get back to the OP?

You are doing your cause(?) no good at all.  

All you are doing at present with ramming your verbiage down our throats is alienating any support you might have had!

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, connda said:

What is a "cisgender gay man?"

Cisgender and Transgender: The Difference Explained (webmd.com)

The vast majority of gay men are cisgender just as the vast majority of straight men are cisgender.

What Is Cisgender?

Cisgender, or cis, means that the gender you identify with matches the sex assigned to you at birth. Transgender is when your gender identity differs from the sex on your birth certificate. In Latin, “cis” means “on this side,” while “trans” means “on the other side.”

A transgender woman had male genitals at birth but identifies as female. A transgender man had female genitals at birth but identifies as male.

People who are straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, or asexual and still identify themselves as the sex assigned to them at birth are cisgender.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

It is to those who are offended by it. Can you not get that?

Why can't you just shut up and get back to the OP?

You are doing your cause(?) no good at all.  

All you are doing at present with ramming your verbiage down our throats is alienating any support you might have had!

Your unsolicited personal commentary not welcome or appreciated.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:
6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As I explained before normal is not a precise word.

1    conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected. 

"Are you trans-gender or normal gender?"  No confusion there.

I wish the people trying to force "cisgender" onto non-trans people would admit that they simply don't like the idea of calling the huge non-trans majority "normal".

They also wouldn't accept it on the pronouns thing.  People are having to specify normal pronouns because if they just say "normal" it would make people feel bad.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Again cisgender is not a slur.

If you're offended by it, that is really your problem.

What does cisgender mean and is it a slur? | SBS News

The word cisgender is not a slur, but Twitter owner Elon Musk has said it will be considered one on the platform.

Mr Musk's comments come as online hate has massively increased on the platform, particularly against LGBTIQ+ and Indigenous communities, Australia's cyber watchdog said.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

"Are you trans-gender or normal gender?"  No confusion there.

I wish the people trying to force "cisgender" onto non-trans people would admit that they simply don't like the idea of calling the huge non-trans majority "normal".

They also wouldn't accept it on the pronouns thing.  People are having to specify normal pronouns because if they just say "normal" it would make people feel bad.

Could you rewrite that in "normal" English for me as it makes no sense what so ever.  Just like the "Cis" word!

A number of posts and replies have been removed for being off topic. This thread and discussion has nothing to do with the US, Biden, Conservatives or MAGA. A flame post additionally removed.

Please keep it civil on this discussion. Any further off topic posts will be removed:

Barriers to transgender people accessing Thailand’s healthcare system

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

All the time.  It's pretty much all these "gender warriors" think about.

If not for the threads on AN, I probably would be in 'Ignorant Bliss' about it all.   NO, I had to open the damn thread ... ????

I simply love reading about the imaginary oppressed ... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

The point is that your argument is "Say what we want to avoid offending people, while we will call you what we want and if you're offended then we will mock you".

It's completely hypocritical because your arguments are based on your feelings and do not use facts or logic.

Did I say that argument? Or did you just make that up? You are the one that gets offended because people use a different pronoun to the one that relates to their biological sex. i.e. they are transgender and not cisgender And it is fact that sex and gender are not the same, and in fact science that sex is bimodal. I guess facts don't care about your feelings. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

But they are not free to dictate to others not to use it.

i stand with this 100 percent. 

and when someone asks me to use their preferred pronoun and i do not. will you stand with me ? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, stoner said:

i stand with this 100 percent. 

and when someone asks me to use their preferred pronoun and i do not. will you stand with me ? 

No. Maybe it is free speech but no valid reason to be rude

Mis-gendering people is bordering on hate speech and in a rational country should be a legal offense. Of course an entity which supports diversity like a company or school similarly has a right to to  censor hate ,  and separate offenders from the community including termination of employment.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

Mis-gendering people is bordering on hate speech

i disagree with you. 

i look at free speech as just that. free speech with no barriers. other than inciting violence. just because someones feelings were hurt or they felt another was rude is irrelevant. 

there is no hate intention with what i am talking about. rather forced language. you cannot be forced to use any pronoun regardless of the situation or sexuality or any of that. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stoner said:

i disagree with you. 

i look at free speech as just that. free speech with no barriers. other than inciting violence. just because someones feelings were hurt or they felt another was rude is irrelevant. 

there is no hate intention with what i am talking about. rather forced language. you cannot be forced to use any pronoun regardless of the situation or sexuality or any of that. 

Nothing such as forced language. Your intent is irrelevant to those you choose to purposely marginalize and exclude with overt or micro-aggression.

So you go say what you want,  But I will NOT "stand with" you.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Nothing such as forced language. Your intent is irrelevant to those you choose to purposely marginalize and exclude with overt or micro-aggression.

So you go say what you want,  But I will NOT "stand with" you.

hahah micro aggression marginalize. go away with your talking points and come back when you want to have a reasonable discussion.

maybe red the next comment about forced language. 

so you don't stand for free speech. got it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Mis-gendering people is bordering on hate speech and in a rational country should be a legal offense. Of course an entity which supports diversity like a company or school similarly has a right to to  censor hate ,  and separate offenders from the community including termination of employment.

Yes, it's up to the State to penalize anyone that disagrees. The only way to have true diversity, equity and inclusion is to crush all decent. 

On 6/28/2023 at 12:49 PM, bignok said:
On 6/28/2023 at 12:47 PM, Jingthing said:

You don't notice the ones that aren't noticeable. 
No difference!

How do you know? I've never met you. 

He knows by definition of "not noticeable"

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1