Over 9.3 million people cleared from police criminal record files

snoop1130

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Since the database is probably run on pirated copies of Windows 98, albeit in the process of being updated to Windows 7 by the resident IT consultant, a Police Generals 17 year old nephew, it probably doesn't work anyway!

The backup paper files will be printed on the reverse of old passport photocopies, and occupy a massive wharehouse just outside Bangkok.

In the words of Flanders and Swan: "it all makes work for the working man to do!"

"wharehouse" do you mean warehouse, or whorehouse? Just for clarity, you understand  555.

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

The problem seems to be that once you're arrested your names on the list, even if it turns out that you didn't do whatever it was you were arrested for.

The system is complete garbage and not fit for purpose.

How do we know any of the data is accurate? I wouldn't trust it at all.

Happens in the UK - you get arrested, processed, printed and swabbed - it is a significant battle to get that removed if found not-guilty or not charged. 

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Royal Thai Police are in the process of creating a website, expected to be launched at the end of this year, which will enable the public to check whether their names are in or have been removed from police records.

Or their neighbors? I shudder when I think about how they tend to (mis-) manage IT security issues here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sambum said:

Guilty until proven innocent seems to be the guideline!

When the the Covid restrictions were at their peak, a mate of mine sat down with some others outside a bar that was selling alcohol illegally. He hadn't actually ordered a drink, but was roped in with the others who had drinks in front of them. He was going to plead not guilty, but was persuaded otherwise by the Court interpreter. She said he could plead not  guilty, would probably spend the next few nights or a week in jail, would have to hire a lawyer (not cheap) and at the end of the day she "guaranteed" that he would still be found guilty, and end up getting double the sentence that the others had received - so he pleaded guilty!

Thai justice is strange.... confess get discount on your punishment with 50% or more...Don't confess and plead not guilty you will be jailed for times they used in the middle ages.. And they say there is no need to reform...Jails are overloaded with people for minor offences, shoplifting, alcohol issues( not drunk driving), and so on.. Jails could be better used for real culprits

11 hours ago, webfact said:

or who had died to continue having criminal record.

Yes,it's grossly unfair. Here I am at the pearly gates with Peter not letting me in until I'm absolved! It's like being at the night club entrance with the burly bouncer saying "you're name's not down you're not coming in , especially wearing trainers" ????

9 hours ago, QballQ said:

Happens in the UK - you get arrested, processed, printed and swabbed - it is a significant battle to get that removed if found not-guilty or not charged. 

It is never really removed, They might not mention it on criminal records checks for job / visa applications  etc  but its always there for the police themselves, makes sense really

Edited by Bday Prang