Full body MRI scan in Phuket (or Bangkok)

Mover1

I'm trying to find somewhere i can get a full body MRI scan with health check up and evaluation in Phuket. I've tried Bangkok Hospital in Phuket and they won't do it without a referral from a doctor for a specific illness, even though i'm paying cash and not going through insurance, which seems crazy. If there's nowhere in Phuket is there anywhere else that might do it, like Bangkok or Chiang Mai?

I'm interested to see my visceral fat, fat in my liver and see if anything shows up. 

Please don't recommend a dexa scan or similar scan or anything else, it's only a full body MRI i'm looking for. I know there's other ways of measuring fat etc, but it's just a full body MRI i'm after. I'm also not looking for health or diet advice, just somewhere i can get a full body MRI scan. I hope thats clear enough before people tell me i don't need it, and go off on a rant blah blah blah, but up to you.

This is the sort of thing i mean - 

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Try an ultrasound, though, depending on your wt/ht, do you really need to know how much.  Just assume you have a fatty liver, and adjust your diet.

It's not rocket science

It's not rocket science to answer the question i asked. Blah blah cheers

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

Through the end of the month, Bangkok Phuket Hospital has deeply discounted wellness exams. You could add a full abdomen ultrasound scan for 2,300 baht. Perhaps start with these two and based on the results go for further tests as indicated?

Here is a place in Bangkok that will do a full body MRI. The minimum cost would be 45,000 baht. 

Many thanks for the information @DFPhuket as I wasn't aware of the promotions, so I have just booked an ultrasound of the abdomen!!

13 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

MRI is giving for a specific area of the body.  From instructions by a physician. I have never heard of an MRI given for the whole body.  

An MRI on a specific area of the body such as the knee takes about 45mins.... 

How long would it take for the whole body ????.....    

• Thanks 1

For different parts / organs , different examinations are advised. An MRI is not good for everything and may not find something wrong. Have EEGs  and EKGs as well while you’re spending money.

Ask a good doctor at a good hospital in Bangkok.