NIDA poll shows that political conflict is still on the horizon as US envoy denies interference

webfact

8 hours ago, sambum said:

"........the Military won't dare to intervene."

They will follow orders or be court martialled!

The military is completely outnumbered by the civilian population, not to mention that perhaps 30% of the military are conscripts.

They can control small areas with mass manpower, but they cannot face demonstrations in many places at the same time.

The bulk of the military are not the problem.

It is the generals, the Hiso's, the rich and the royalists who are the problem and there are not as many as they think they are, nor are they as powerful.

If there is a problem on the streets, I doubt that there will be anybody higher than a colonel out there, and he will only have a limited authority to instigate anything.

This is my personal opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, LALes said:

The US has 800 military bases around the world.  They meddle EVERYWHERE!!  To think otherwise is just plain naive.

What are US interests in this election?  Which party will be more favorable to the US and not China?

You put it so well!

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Teflon Baht -  currencies are falling against the baht by .3-.5% today, so turmoil seems good for them !

I thought perhaps some optimism about the domestic political future was helping lift the baht.

On 7/3/2023 at 6:04 PM, mfd101 said:

I doubt the current POTUS - or his predecessor - could find Thailand on the map.

I remember Mr Clinton explaining on a map the location of Kosovo to his fellow countrymen, while the bombing of Belgrade was in progress. And a Professor in a prestigious US university telling me that his country was now invading Cuba. Under shock I ran to the news to find out it was Grenada.

Geography has never been a strong point in the US.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, LALes said:

The US has 800 military bases around the world.  They meddle EVERYWHERE!!  To think otherwise is just plain naive.

What are US interests in this election?  Which party will be more favorable to the US and not China?

I don't know, what are the US interests in this election?  How did the US meddle?  Which party will be more favorable to the US?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

800 military bases that will be closed if the host nation asks the US to remove them.  That rarely happens because the host nations generally perceive them as as net positives.

Show evidence that the US is stealing Syrian oil, or that the starvation is caused by anyone other than the Syrian government.

Please explain how the US has specialized in color revolutions.  Also please explain how the US meddled in the last election, or in Thailand in the 21st century.

How about showing us all some evidence of WMD in Iraq??????? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, heybruce said:

800 military bases that will be closed if the host nation asks the US to remove them.  That rarely happens because the host nations generally perceive them as as net positives.

Show evidence that the US is stealing Syrian oil, or that the starvation is caused by anyone other than the Syrian government.

Please explain how the US has specialized in color revolutions.  Also please explain how the US meddled in the last election, or in Thailand in the 21st century.

Cuba says give Gitmo back then

3 hours ago, pegman said:

Cuba says give Gitmo back then

Definitely an exception.  There is a legal agreement in place regarding Guantanamo, one which the current Cuban government wants to void.  Considering that government's hosting of intelligence collection stations for the USSR, China and Russia, and its willingness to allow USSR ballistic missiles to be stationed there during the cold war, the US wants to maintain the agreement. 

"Agreement Between the United States and Cuba for the Lease of Lands for Coaling and Naval stations; February 23, 1903"

"ARTICLE I

The Republic of Cuba hereby leases to the United States, for the time required for the purposes of coaling and naval stations, the following described areas of land and water situated in the Island of Cuba..."https://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/dip_cuba002.asp

Spain also wants Gibraltar back, but since it was ceded to England in 1713 after it was captured in the war of Spanish succession, the UK is reluctant to return it.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Definitely an exception.  There is a legal agreement in place regarding Guantanamo, one which the current Cuban government wants to void.  Considering that government's hosting of intelligence collection stations for the USSR, China and Russia, and its willingness to allow USSR ballistic missiles to be stationed there during the cold war, the US wants to maintain the agreement. 

"Agreement Between the United States and Cuba for the Lease of Lands for Coaling and Naval stations; February 23, 1903"

"ARTICLE I

The Republic of Cuba hereby leases to the United States, for the time required for the purposes of coaling and naval stations, the following described areas of land and water situated in the Island of Cuba..."https://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/dip_cuba002.asp

Spain also wants Gibraltar back, but since it was ceded to England in 1713 after it was captured in the war of Spanish succession, the UK is reluctant to return it.

I really do not think a prison camp falls under the original purposes. Much like the 2nd Amendment original intent

On 7/4/2023 at 3:17 PM, DRD123 said:

It really helps to own the news sources and Hollywood if you want to portray yourself as the good guy when in fact you have 800 military bases worldwide, have killed millions of innocent civilians and stolen said civilians resources in some cases. Look at Syria today, at what 12 illegal US military bases, stealing their oil illegally while children starve there. This is so called democracy today.

All it takes is having the power of the press and call ing someone a 'bad guy' enough times. Works every time. Don't think it cannot or will not happen here or in neighbouring countries if things heat up with US-China relations. A coup is cheap for the US to remain dominant and the first thing they do is throw their allies under the bus. Look at Europe today.

I suppose younger people don't know and some people stick their heads in the sand but the US is a bully and colour revolutions is their specialty.Go to Central or South America or Eastern Europe and ask let alone SE Asia.

Excellent post telling it just as it is.  Thank you.

On 7/5/2023 at 12:04 AM, arithai12 said:

I remember Mr Clinton explaining on a map the location of Kosovo to his fellow countrymen, while the bombing of Belgrade was in progress. And a Professor in a prestigious US university telling me that his country was now invading Cuba. Under shock I ran to the news to find out it was Grenada.

Geography has never been a strong point in the US.

What about George Bush Jnr congratulating the <deleted>-ians!! lol!