Airport capacity at Suvarnabhumi to increase with new terminal and tech upgrades

webfact

If you ask me, the airport is already too big to reach from some gates to immigration and luggage collecting areas, they are not taking into considerations that many of the passengers will have difficulties in walking such distances.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

This addition is expected to bolster the airport’s passenger handling capacity significantly, managing an impressive 15 million extra passengers annually, which effectively raises the total capacity to a staggering 60 million per annum, revealed AoT’s president

And the infrastructure around the terminal to handle these numbers increased proportionally.. roads, trains, buses etc..

thought not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

If you ask me, the airport is already too big to reach from some gates to immigration and luggage collecting areas, they are not taking into considerations that many of the passengers will have difficulties in walking such distances.

The new satellite is connected to the main terminal by an automated people mover (shuttle train) that terminates next to immigration, so actually the new gates will probably require less walking than the current distant ones at the ends of the E, F, and G concourses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

When the third runway is completed in 2024 the airport will receive 94 flights per hour from the current 68 flights per hour. (ref. 2/03/2023; www.nationthailand.com)

That's 34 flights more per hour than provided by the recent airport upgrades. Then what?

Edited by Srikcir
Edit
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

True, but you can say the same about most large airports, O'Hare, Heathrow etc.

BKK does at least have moving walkways.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Singapore is bigger