Strange connectivities issues with 2 laptops

ezzra

2 fairly recent model laptops using Windows 10/Chrome having issues in connecting to sites like Jet-star and Thai airways,

have tried different browsers, cleared history and cookies and rested everything to fresh, still can connect to the

above sites, any ideas or recommendation to a good techie in BKK?

Is your time and location setting correct?

If you would use i.e. NY as location but you set your time to the correct time for Bangkok, then you will have problems, at least with some websites.

Apart from that, don't install any new utils and apps to make the situation better. Delete any software which you don't need and likely things will be better.

Have VPN but it's disconnected, and all aspects of time date and location and other setting are all correct, strange though, that on my third, 15 years old Win7/Chrome laptop, i have no issues with the above sites at all, it's a conundrum alright.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Do you mean 'Still CANNOT connect to the sites'?

While all the other site connecting  with no issues with TG as soon as i enter data i get ' siteName is not defined' and with Jetstar i can't log on or complete the booking as the site just hangs for ever or it says: 'you're not authorised to use this server'

Edited by ezzra

2 hours ago, doctormann said:

If you are using a VPN then try temporarily either turning it off or use it with a Thailand server.  Worth a try.

I was about to say that. When I reset my VPN I often have issues with Thai websites and conversely with US sites if I forget to set the GPS to the US 

PS: later on in the tread I see that you dont have a VPN.  Perhaps you have an antiviruses and your security settings restrict some websites

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

I disabled the anti virus and the ad block i have on my laptops and the problems seems to work themselves out, thank for one and all.

You have started Windows defender anti virus I hope - that should be all you need but important to have something.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ezzra said:

2 fairly recent model laptops using Windows 10/Chrome having issues in connecting to sites like Jet-star and Thai airways,

have tried different browsers, cleared history and cookies and rested everything to fresh, still can connect to the

above sites, any ideas or recommendation to a good techie in BKK?

You might have Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) checked, as some router/wifi routers doesn't like using that, I know that one of mine Wifi/router doesn't like it. Sometimes when you do a Windows 10 software update it will check the box.
Go in Control Panel click on Network and sharing Center then on the top left corner click on change adapter settings, then right click on the connection you are using and chose properties, then scroll down to where it says Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and see if it's uncheck, then give it a try.

• Like 1