Dozy deputy: Prawit, once again, caught napping on the job in Parliament

webfact

22 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Getting old is not for sissies.  I used to laugh at this kind of thing.  These days, I am nodding off far too early. Old guys need their “beauty rest”.  ????

I often take a nap in the afternoon , between 2 and 3 pm, when i am at home. But i covered 6 classes on a Friday for a teacher, who was ill, from 8;30 to 16;00 Didn't feel the need for a nap. I'm 68 now.

23 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Getting old is not for sissies.  I used to laugh at this kind of thing.  These days, I am nodding off far too early. Old guys need their “beauty rest”.  ????

And this guy appears to need far more than most!

On 7/5/2023 at 9:13 AM, SmartyMarty said:

Since at any given time of the day 30% of the Thai workforce are sleeping on the job I see no issue with this.

At least he's not Facebooking and gaming on company time like most of the nation's work force.

22 hours ago, jaideedave said:

I'm in the same boat.At 72 I find myself getting ready for bed between 8-9 pm.Not that long ago I'd be drinking beer untill 11pm.

Since I quit drinking I can't keep my eyes open late anymore.BTW I'm not complaining.

Lucky you.. I'm same age,  but find it very very difficult to sleep.. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 9:10 AM, webfact said:

Many netizens disagreed with all of the negative comments and defended Prawit saying that it was normal for an old person to take a nap,

Jumping Jeezes - many netizens need to look around.

2/3 of the population - regardless of age can be found sleeping anywhere - anytime.

Most of them are young!

On 7/5/2023 at 4:04 AM, realfunster said:

I'm not really sure why politics is not widely subject to old age restrictions or mandatory retirement like many other aspects of private or public sector life.

Aside from "refreshing" the political talent pool, it's hardly controversial to suggest that as we get older our physical and potentially mental capacities start to wane. Hardly suitable for an important role and especially the very top jobs which even those in their 40s/50s would find exhausting. I'm sure there are many 'consulting/advisor' roles available within the wider political machinery should the experience be wanted or needed. 

I don't agree with mandatory retirement based just on age but it is a bit strange here in that there's a age limit of 60 in many government departments. That's certainly the case for my wife.

On 7/5/2023 at 5:10 AM, jaideedave said:

I'm in the same boat.At 72 I find myself getting ready for bed between 8-9 pm.Not that long ago I'd be drinking beer untill 11pm.

Since I quit drinking I can't keep my eyes open late anymore.BTW I'm not complaining.

Getting ready for bed between 8-9pm isn't the issue. It's how long that takes. Are you in bed before 11?  ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kimamey said:

Getting ready for bed between 8-9pm isn't the issue. It's how long that takes. Are you in bed before 11?  ????

I should clarify...These days I'm always in bed before 10pm,sometimes it's 9pm.Thats when I normally look at some Instagram shorts on my phone.That puts me to sleep in a matter of minutes.I'll wake up a half hour later with the phone on my chest..lol

After 6 - 7 hours I'm awake and refreshed.

Insomnia is a curse,,,thank god I don't have that issue.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, blackshadow said:

if a worker in any other job was caught haing 40 winkS THEY WOULD BE SACKED !!!!

Plenty of opportunities as a security guard, or policeman where that would not happen.

• Like 1