World's most boring cities

bignok

There were a couple of chooks walking along a footpath in the very centre of Vientiane when I visited, location equivalent to Pitt Street in Sydney.

The new Brisbane river walk’s beautiful, interesting at least for a short visit.

On 7/6/2023 at 6:52 AM, still kicking said:

Bangkok just concrete and some temples 

If you think Bkk is boring you don't get out enough. Need to get out of the taxi and walk though.

worlds-most-boring-cities

More to the point would be which cities are exciting? Only ones on my list are Bkk and Pattaya. Even London was a yawn ( other than the few tourist attractions it's just bad architecture and dirty ). Soho was <deleted>.

In the 1970s I'd have included Singapore, but I gather it's a bit too bland now.

NB. I make no claim to have been in every city on the planet, so applies only to the few dozen I have been in.

I have been in many exciting places, but were not cities eg Antarctica can't be beat for exciting and wonderful, but no cities down there.

On 7/7/2023 at 7:01 AM, GinBoy2 said:

Boring is so subjective.

I could be bored in many places in my younger years

I could equally be in love with the same places 20 years later

Spot on.  

Nature has always been an attraction for me.  Younger, playing in, now, looking at and simply appreciating.

Younger and not so, concerts, plays, thrill seeking & theme parks.   I bounced a lot better then.

Not so long ago, a bit safer thrills, travel & museums.  Now just taking it all in works.  TH is fine for that, stress free & no worries.

I could be white water rafting, or laying in a stream with a beer ... both work for me.

103179999_1111133945930489_8257616737657997180_n.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1