Trump’s dominance of GOP field has America bracing for a toxic campaign

Social Media

Late Friday night a judge appointed to the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida by Donald Trump tossed out a lawsuit filed by the former president against CNN in which he claimed he was defamed when hosts on the network used the expression "The Big Lie" which he felt equated him with Adolf Hitler.

According to reporting from Poltico's Kyle Cheney, Judge Ragg Singhal dismissed the lawsuit with prejudice which puts an end to yet another Trump legal gambit.

The judge also wrote that a host claiming Trump was "being ‘Hitler-like’" is "not a verifiable statement of fact that would support a defamation claim.”

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-cnn-lawsuit-2662549867/

• Like 2

I believe the mainstream GOP calculus is that it's not worth going against Trump because they'll face an uphill battle beating Biden anyway. It is, after all, a second term election and most presidents win them. I think they'd rather let the flow of time wash the flotsom out and wait for the next presidential election.

“Later, two pro-Trump factions began screaming at each other, with one accusing the other of being white nationalists and the other responding that their foes supported open borders... They started jostling with one another and nearly came to blows until other protesters stepped between the two groups.”

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-supporters-2662573161/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I believe the mainstream GOP calculus is that it's not worth going against Trump because they'll face an uphill battle beating Biden anyway. It is, after all, a second term election and most presidents win them. I think they'd rather let the flow of time wash the flotsom out and wait for the next presidential election.

I don't agree at all.

Biden is beatable by a non maga candidate but the republicans can't nominate a non maga candidate because they are dominated by maga.

Take Chris Christie. 

He openly attacks Trump so he has no chance of being nominated.

Most others either openly support Trump, possibly going for a VP slot on the ticket, or they dance gingerly around the issue being careful not to offend the magas.

All are waiting / hoping that Trump blows out because of being a criminal.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't agree at all.

Biden is beatable by a non maga candidate but the republicans can't nominate a non maga candidate because they are dominated by maga.

Take Chris Christie. 

He openly attacks Trump so he has no chance of being nominated.

Most others either openly support Trump, possibly going for a VP slot on the ticket, or they dance gingerly around the issue being careful not to offend the magas.

All are waiting / hoping that Trump blows out because of being a criminal.

Few presidents aren't re-elected unless they blot their copybook.

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Irrational? I hated him long before he had any indictments, purely on his speech and actions. The indictments and his followers, obviously enraptured by his overt racism,  only cemented that hatred. For many, Trump is in the same class as Hitler and Putin. Sucking up to Putin and blackmailing Ukraine absolutely blew it for me. Praising the NK dictator and that fascist in charge of Hungary didn't help either. Plus he was mates of the scumbag lying happy clapper we had as the last prime minister in Australia. There's nothing to like about him.

You accuse lefties of being uninformed without basis but statistics tells you that librels are better educated than "patriots".

edit: I forgot to mention the white supremacist militias who worship him.

So, by your definition, liberals are not patriots. 

While leftists are likely more educated than non-leftists, I doubt very much they are better educated. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So, by your definition, liberals are not patriots. 

While leftists are likely more educated than non-leftists, I doubt very much they are better educated. 

Stop with the falsehoods. What Ozimoron wrote was that liberals are not "patriots". 

Scare quotes (also called shudder quotes,[1][2] sneer quotes,[3] and quibble marks) are quotation marks that writers place around a word or phrase to signal that they are using it in an ironic, referential, or otherwise non-standard sense.[4] Scare quotes may indicate that the author is using someone else's term, similar to preceding a phrase with the expression "so-called";[5] they may imply skepticism or disagreement, belief that the words are misused, or that the writer intends a meaning opposite to the words enclosed in quotes.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Few presidents aren't re-elected unless they blot their copybook.

Of course it's a fact that being an incumbent is a great advantage but Biden has a few severe weaknesses -- the perception of him being too old and that even though the economic numbers are positive, most Americans still aren't feeling economically secure. A more normal republican can beat Biden. 

29 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Stop with the falsehoods. What Ozimoron wrote was that liberals are not "patriots". 

Scare quotes (also called shudder quotes,[1][2] sneer quotes,[3] and quibble marks) are quotation marks that writers place around a word or phrase to signal that they are using it in an ironic, referential, or otherwise non-standard sense.[4] Scare quotes may indicate that the author is using someone else's term, similar to preceding a phrase with the expression "so-called";[5] they may imply skepticism or disagreement, belief that the words are misused, or that the writer intends a meaning opposite to the words enclosed in quotes.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

Yes, but as a non-leftist, I'm not educated enough to understand that. 

I read the quotes as ozzie having contempt for patriots. 

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, but as a non-leftist, I'm not educated enough to understand that. 

I read the quotes as ozzie having contempt for patriots. 

Read what you want. You'd deny that any lefty was a patriot.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Irrational? I hated him long before he had any indictments, purely on his speech and actions. The indictments and his followers, obviously enraptured by his overt racism,  only cemented that hatred. For many, Trump is in the same class as Hitler and Putin. Sucking up to Putin and blackmailing Ukraine absolutely blew it for me. Praising the NK dictator and that fascist in charge of Hungary didn't help either. Plus he was mates of the scumbag lying happy clapper we had as the last prime minister in Australia. There's nothing to like about him.

You accuse lefties of being uninformed without basis but statistics tells you that librels are better educated than "patriots".

edit: I forgot to mention the white supremacist militias who worship him.

"Blackmailing Ukraine"?!?!

Do you so easily forget Biden BRAGGING about strongarming Ukraine, threatening to withold a billion dollars of aid if they didn't fire a prosecutor? Last I read, nothing in the Vice President's job description includes interfering in the internal affairs of other countries. 

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How does that logic work? Did they go to different schools or something? It's a fact that liberals are more educated on average than conservatives. Been linked here many times so don't bother.

Yet you claim conservatives make all the money, how does that work?

One is a measure is quantity the other is quality. 

I believe that a someone with a doctorate in education has more education than someone with a BS in a STEM discipline, but I believe at the same time the person with the BS in a STEM discipline, is likely better educated. 

What happened to you ignoring me? 

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yet you claim conservatives make all the money, how does that work?

One is a measure is quantity the other is quality. 

I believe that a someone with a doctorate in education has more education than someone with a BS in a STEM discipline, but I believe at the same time the person with the BS in a STEM discipline, is likely better educated. 

What happened to you ignoring me?

Trump was born rich. Most rich people and politicians were born rich.

I still am.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

"Blackmailing Ukraine"?!?!

Do you so easily forget Biden BRAGGING about strongarming Ukraine, threatening to withold a billion dollars of aid if they didn't fire a prosecutor? Last I read, nothing in the Vice President's job description includes interfering in the internal affairs of other countries. 

And all the while the Obama administration refused to provide Ukraine with defensive weapons. 

The Trump administration supplies Ukraine with defensive weapon but wants them to investigate corruption.  

Why Obama Didn’t Arm Ukraine - WSJ

• Haha 1

And all the while the Obama administration refused to provide Ukraine with defensive weapons. 

The Trump administration supplies Ukraine with defensive weapon but wants them to investigate corruption.  

And these days, the democrat controlled Senate doesn't even want to hire an Inspector General to see where the billions of dollars the US is funnelling into Ukraine is even going! What are they afraid that an accounting of the aid dollars will find...

• Confused 1

I also criticize Obama for failing to nip Putin's aggression in the bud after he stole Ukraine. 

As far as Ukraine corruption, it was obvious that Trump's motivation was to corruptly help his political campaign as he was impeached for that. 

3 minutes ago, candide said:

A debunked B.S.

Biden bragging at the Council for Foreign Relations in 2018;

I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. (Laughter.) He got fired.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/09/27/flashback_2018_joe_biden_brags_at_cfr_meeting_about_withholding_aid_to_ukraine_to_force_firing_of_prosecutor.html

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Trump was born rich. Most rich people and politicians were born rich.

I still am.

You are not able to formulate a coherent response, so you divert and change the subject. 

Trump was born rich, but I think you are lying again misinformed when you claim most rich people are born rich. Do you have anything that supports that? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I also criticize Obama for failing to nip Putin's aggression in the bud after he stole Ukraine. 

As far as Ukraine corruption, it was obvious that Trump's motivation was to corruptly help his political campaign as he was impeached for that. 

It's only obvious to the left that's what Trump's motivation was.