Being wrong in this forum

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

Who is lying?

If a juice company offers a product that states on the label 100 percent orange juice no sugar added and offers this for sale for 50 years in America without being caught the juice company is lying.

Thinking of a reason that wouldd benefit them but since I have the experience of juicing a fresh orange and know if the product is maintained properly under refrigeration conditions using good oranges no reason it cannot be that sweet without added sugar.

Then I am a fool for believing Sunkist and the  woman who has never had store bought orange juice , very bitter that did not come from a tin can is a genius. I always hated that stuff.

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

If a juice company offers a product that states on the label 100 percent orange juice no sugar added and offers this for sale for 50 years in America without being caught the juice company is lying.

Thinking of a reason that wouldd benefit them but since I have the experience of juicing a fresh orange and know if the product is maintained properly under refrigeration conditions using good oranges no reason it cannot be that sweet without added sugar.

Then I am a fool for believing Sunkist and the  woman who has never had store bought orange juice , very bitter that did not come from a tin can is a genius. I always hated that stuff.

Your wife is lying or taking bad guesses

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

What is the most dangerous city per capita for driving?

What country are you referring to? In America, it's been Memphis, Baton Rouge, Detroit, Phoenix and others leading the pack. . Dominican Republic,  South Africa, Thailand , Central Africa Republic, Vietnam, Malaysia, The US, are among the worst countries.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

What country are you referring to? In America, it's been Memphis, Baton Rouge, Detroit, Phoenix and others leading the pack. . Dominican Republic,  South Africa, Thailand , Central Africa Republic, Vietnam, Malaysia, The US, are among the worst countries.

Thailand

31 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

No scientist ever said matter came from nothing.

Actually Lawrence Krauss  said so. 

"Lawrence Krauss On 'A Universe From Nothing

https://www.npr.org/2012/01/13/145175263/lawrence-krauss-on-a-universe-from-nothing

So if you can prove me wrong, I can say "Fair enough" and manage to appear both knowledgeable and humple at the same time. ????  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Where did you get this BS from? i happen to know a lot a bout Judaism and i never heard of such rubbish.

You are the expert ezzra and I respect your freedom of religion. Until I am provided evidence however, as far as I am concerned it is all rubbish. 

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Actually Lawrence Krauss  said so. 

"Lawrence Krauss On 'A Universe From Nothing

https://www.npr.org/2012/01/13/145175263/lawrence-krauss-on-a-universe-from-nothing

So if you can prove me wrong, I can say "Fair enough" and manage to appear both knowledgeable and humple at the same time. ????  

So  I actually do not pretend to understand high level articles in Scientific American but what you posted  here says that energetic particles come into existence on a time scale that appears too short to measure. That makes me think we have a poorly reasoned definition of nothing.

They, the religious fanatics say this all the time "matter cannot be created from nothing", then they come to you there must be a creator because they have no better explanation that fits their pre-accepted world view. Next thing is the monkey nonsense and a global flood 

Pure propaganda.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, petermik said:
3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If you post anything wrong on this forum , Liverpool lou ,will quickly be along

to correct you , maybe multiple times  ???? winking eye......

regards Worgeordie

Expand  

Ain`t we on here lucky to know someone who is perfect........:cheesy:

Indeed you are.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

They, the religious fanatics say this all the time "matter cannot be created from nothing", then they come to you there must be a creator because they have no better explanation that fits their pre-accepted world view. Next thing is the monkey nonsense and a global flood 

No what they say is that matter can be created from something and in only  seven days,

But only by their guy. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

So  I actually do not pretend to understand high level articles in Scientific American but what you posted  here says that energetic particles come into existence on a time scale that appears too short to measure. That makes me think we have a poorly reasoned definition of nothing.

Pure propaganda.

Actually, a creator makes the most sense anyway. I'm not  a fanatic, whatever that means to you, but a believer. No one has a better explanation. Believing a scientist because they might have some knowledge in things scientific doesn't give them leeway to be right on other things. Hypotheses are still guesses, although educated ones, but still open to be proven wrong. If one sits down and thinks about all that goes into every species on earth, the world itself, what is necessary for all species to survive, the human brain ,the universe and all we actually know that aren't guesses, it makes sense that it has to have been created, and all that is here didn't come from one "bang". Some are gullible and believe scientists for one reason or another, and some believe that there is a God because of what we've seen since birth, and of all of the variables of everything that exists. To end this argument, which cannot be proven either way, everyone will see when they die what the truth is, and some might be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

They do not comprehend complex thoughts concerning instances of opposition between different concepts or aspects of something. Some lack reading comprehension skill and life experience. Or they are just dullards.

..or their use of that emoji can mean "What the 'uck are you going on about?" as some posters "do not comprehend complex thoughts concerning instances of opposition between different concepts or aspects of something. Some lack reading comprehension skill and life experience. Or they are just dullards", to use your words.  That applies to many posts seen here that receive the emoji!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

No scientist ever said matter came from nothing. Don't be deceitful and please do some research. There have probably been "millions" of universes and never  one single solitary god. Or else billions of people must be right just because they happened to be born in BKK, Amman, or Katy, Texas,

Actually, particle physicists do now say that. They have the math, too, as well as data emerging from experiments at CERN. I believe you can look at the work of people like Nima Arkadi-Hamad, Lawrence Krauss and others.

Yes, it is difficult to understand given what we have come to accept as reality. In fact, it is as difficult for people today to understand as gravity was to people who knew the Earth had to be flat. An unseen force where mass attracts mass, inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the masses? No, get to the edge of the Earth and you'll fall off (to where, no Flat Earther ever explained).

• Thumbs Up 1

If I ever use the confused emoji, it is in response to something so bizarre that I know there is no reasoning with the believer.

For example, if anyone was a believer in QAnon, the confused emoji is the perfect and only response.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, chuang said:

Why upset with such a triviality....give me any emojit

Quite right, there are no prizes for any posts (or emojis received) on this forum, "Likes" and anonymous emojis mean absolutely nothing...except to the over-sensitive.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually, a creator makes the most sense anyway. I'm not  a fanatic, whatever that means to you, but a believer. No one has a better explanation. Believing a scientist because they might have some knowledge in things scientific doesn't give them leeway to be right on other things. Hypotheses are still guesses, although educated ones, but still open to be proven wrong. If one sits down and thinks about all that goes into every species on earth, the world itself, what is necessary for all species to survive, the human brain ,the universe and all we actually know that aren't guesses, it makes sense that it has to have been created, and all that is here didn't come from one "bang". Some are gullible and believe scientists for one reason or another, and some believe that there is a God because of what we've seen since birth, and of all of the variables of everything that exists. To end this argument, which cannot be proven either way, everyone will see when they die what the truth is, and some might be disappointed.

The only problem, where does the creator come from, and who created the creator? 

On the other hand, we will create life on other planets of not already infested moon and mars, dors that makes us the creators? We can even pass down rules for the new life, one day we goe extinct, but the rules somehow in some form survives. 

Do you believe in higher civilization on rhis planet before our own? Meaning earlier civilations have been viped out, but humans went back to basic and started from zero.

14 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Lawrence Krauss and others.

Have you noticed that Krauss always wears dress cloths with snickers (trainers for you brits) and usually red.

That says , I am smart and respectable but I have a cool side :tongue:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The only problem, where does the creator come from, and who created the creator? 

On the other hand, we will create life on other planets of not already infested moon and mars, dors that makes us the creators? We can even pass down rules for the new life, one day we goe extinct, but the rules somehow in some form survives. 

Do you believe in higher civilization on rhis planet before our own? Meaning earlier civilations have been viped out, but humans went back to basic and started from zero.

As far as I believe, and it's over our heads, God was always here. I don't like to think about it, because we all think of everything having a beginning and an end. I believe there is life on other planets, but were they far more intelligent and more civil, where they didn't need Jesus to come and save them from themselves? There was obviously  Homo Habilis, Neanderthal, Homo Erectus, and others before Homo Sapiens, but I'm guessing God put them there for our history. Was there an Adam and Eve? Possibly, and did God allow incest for our future? Did he create other races at the Tower of Babel, to help us accommodate to different climes? God can create a universe and everything in it, he can do anything. That's what we  believe. And that's for another topic

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

As far as I believe, and it's over our heads, God was always here. I don't like to think about it, because we all think of everything having a beginning and an end. I believe there is life on other planets, but were they far more intelligent and more civil, where they didn't need Jesus to come and save them from themselves? There was obviously  Homo Habilis, Neanderthal, Homo Erectus, and others before Homo Sapiens, but I'm guessing God put them there for our history. Was there an Adam and Eve? Possibly, and did God allow incest for our future? Did he create other races at the Tower of Babel, to help us accommodate to different climes? God can create a universe and everything in it, he can do anything. That's what we  believe. And that's for another topic

I think the most important future problem solving, would be to seperate our fixed  religion and our understanding of religion from God! Simply said, but that belongs in the do you believe in god thread ☝️

Edited by Hummin

28 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It makes 'the most sense' to you, because you are not a particle physicist nor (I assume) are you facile with multi variable calculus, algebraic topology, Feynman tricks for solving complex integrals, or other high level mathematics and physics.

A thousand years ago, a flat Earth 'made the most sense' to people who could not conceptualize gravity. To particle physicists, your view is that of a Neo Flat Earther.

To those who are facile with those disciplines, no creator is necessary, and some combination of quantum field theory and gravity 'makes the most sense' to them.

37 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

An argument with too many logical inconsistencies, built on a fatal flaw. That there is any god or supernatural process even though the we have had thousands of years and your side has produced not a single shred of evidence. Then the sad, tired threat of pascals wager.

That's maybe like your opinion man I wish people would keep to themselves. Even though harmless I do not particularly like the idea I have to work with people who think I am to be spiritually destroyed or tortured in some kind of alternate realm of existence.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

It makes 'the most sense' to you, because you are not a particle physicist nor (I assume) are you facile with multi variable calculus, algebraic topology, Feynman tricks for solving complex integrals, or other high level mathematics and physics.

A thousand years ago, a flat Earth 'made the most sense' to people who could not conceptualize gravity. To particle physicists, your view is that of a Neo Flat Earther.

To those who are facile with those disciplines, no creator is necessary, and some combination of quantum field theory and gravity 'makes the most sense' to them.

And they are also ,like you, making guesses. Educated guesses yes, but still guesses. A thousand years ago, we didn't have space exploration, world travel, satellites, powerful telescopes and computers. We've come a long way, our scientists have, but they are still making guesses on a lot of things. A scientist excels in a field which you nor I are facile, and they can deduce a lot of things that we for now, cannot. It doesn't mean they are right with everything. They have not proven in any way that the universe was created with a big bang, and to you it might not make sense that we have a creator, but to millions of us, it does. We cannot yet prove it also, but like I mentioned, faith is what we go by, not other's guesses, even if they carry some possibilities. Matter can not come from nothing, period. Everything in this universe is composed of matter, electrons, protons, neutrons-- atoms. If it doesn't make sense to you, you are believing other, imperfect humans on what they believe to be true. Science is there to prove things to be true. Doesn't always work. God makes sense to me, because matter had to be created.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1