Thai Police Prepare for PM Election Day Protests

webfact

18 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Good for who?

Certainly NOT for the Thai people.

Well known understanding......particular Farang circles always knows what's best for Thai folks. ????????

Blessed to have such Farang-centric assistance at their side.????

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Well known understanding......particular Farang circles always knows what's best for Thai folks. ????????

Blessed to have such Farang-centric assistance at their side.????

Thank you kindly.

I know that I am good but I certainly didn't praise from you.

13 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Parliament meets on 13 July.

Pita and MFP are blocked by the Senate.

Protests on evening of 13 July.

Parliament meets again on 19 and 20 July.

Pita and MFP continue to be blocked by Senate.

Protests continue and increase.

State of Emergency declared on morning of 21 July.

Protests continue.

Caretaker government remains in power under S of E indefinitely.

"It's a coup Jim, but not as you know it!"

It would be very difficult for the military-backed government to claim any form of mandate after that.

Another election? ..or a coup?

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Pita was listed as the leader of the party therefore when people voted for that party they voted for him.  Just the same as pt votes for a thaksin government or the different military parties have their leaders.

This idea that a vote for pm is BS in A TRUE democracy once the election is held the new party takes over and there is no need for a vote. The military and certain rich people want to rig this so that they keep control.

Putting anutin in power would mean that in a year or 6 months there would be another election

That may be stage 1.

Buying time to dispose of the immediate threat to their status quo - the electoral success of MFP.

Six months or better still a year - enough time they hope to emasculate MFP, and stage 2; select and install a new Senate - probably with renewed powers over selecting Prime Ministers.

Stage 3, once they feel safe, fresh elections, engineered of course to produce the right results.

Their defeat is inevitable, but they will fight. The longer they fight the messier the end will be.

I wonder if MFP realise that it will be a long struggle? 

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

That may be stage 1.

Buying time to dispose of the immediate threat to their status quo - the electoral success of MFP.

Six months or better still a year - enough time they hope to emasculate MFP, and stage 2; select and install a new Senate - probably with renewed powers over selecting Prime Ministers.

Stage 3, once they feel safe, fresh elections, engineered of course to produce the right results.

Their defeat is inevitable, but they will fight. The longer they fight the messier the end will be.

I wonder if MFP realise that it will be a long struggle? 

The challenge to that all is first of all will Thaksin go along wth it.  The fact that MFP has a huge number of members in parliament.

It will be very hard for the military to get anything through because Thaksin  is not gong to want to give up any power from his party and MFP is too strong along with the protestors and other groups.

I m not sure that MFP expected to win so many seats they seemed unprepared.  But being the loyal opposition will give them a chance to learn 

I think the original plan was to be shadow government to PT and then take the next election

Let's face it Pita did not seem ready

Edited by kingstonkid