Foreign Man Climbs Famous Chalong Temple and Jumps

webfact

image.jpeg

Chalong – An unidentified foreign man climbed Phuket’s most famous temple this evening. He was threatening to jump from a pagoda for several hours and finally jumped after trying to fight rescuers atop the temple.

The Chalong Police were notified of the incident at 5:20 P.M. on Friday (July 7th) at the Chalong Temple (Chaithararam Temple) in Chalong which is the most famous temple in Phuket.

Police, rescue workers, and the Phuket Express arrived at a pagoda inside the temple to find the male foreigner on top of the pagoda which is about six stories high off the ground.

By Goongnang Suksawat

#news

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/07/07/foreign-man-climbs-famous-chalong-temple-and-threatens-to-jump/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-07-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, sapson said:

When mental illness grips you as in severe depression and total hopelessness it is a horrendous situation often with dire consequences as in suicide.

Its not a joking matter and the Im alright Jack brigade should save their flying club comments!

You never know when your own life can take a sudden catastrophic downward spiral and cause a severe physical or mental health deterioration.

Have a great day. 

Point taken.A few years back I was struggling with cancer and was thinking I don't want to live like this.I even bought the para cord . The subsequent operation was successful and I'm still here. If the outcome was different I would have used the cord because I'm afraid of heights. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Chalong – An unidentified foreign man climbed Phuket’s most famous temple this evening. He was threatening to jump from a pagoda for several hours and finally jumped after trying to fight rescuers atop the temple.

15 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

A Russian tourist is in hospital after falling from the roof of a pagoda in Phuket’s Muang district on Friday evening, officials said.

Did he jump or fall ?

Jump is an action , to fall might have been a cry for help that went wrong.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

At 8:40 P.M. the foreigner jumped down onto the air mattress below. He was provided CPR.

More incomplete reporting , leaving more questions than answers , someone jumps from 20 metres on to an air mattress and then requires CPR.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You live, you die nothing to see here.

As for the showing disrespect bs statements, get real.

The poor <deleted> should have jumped from Santa's roof instead.

Struth 

Edited by sherwood

9 hours ago, sapson said:

When mental illness grips you as in severe depression and total hopelessness it is a horrendous situation often with dire consequences as in suicide.

Its not a joking matter and the Im alright Jack brigade should save their flying club comments!

You never know when your own life can take a sudden catastrophic downward spiral and cause a severe physical or mental health deterioration.

Have a great day. 

Thank you ????

4 hours ago, NE1 said:

Did he jump or fall ?

Jump is an action , to fall might have been a cry for help that went wrong.

Yes indeed and both very tragic.

I posted what was reported in "The Nation" which stated "falling".