Thailand's Richest: Chearavanont​​​​​​​ family still holds the number 1 spot

webfact

There seems to be some cultural belief that such obscene inequality and exploitation is what keeps harmony in the spheres, keeps chaos at bay, keeps everyone in a state of ecstatic oneness and belonging. If Thai people ever stop thinking this way, what might happen?

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Let see what a few years of a democratic government does to the order and membership of this list.

Perhaps the reverse, let's see how the membership of this list react to the prospect (threat) of a few years of democratic government!

5 hours ago, Enzian said:

There seems to be some cultural belief that such obscene inequality and exploitation is what keeps harmony in the spheres, keeps chaos at bay, keeps everyone in a state of ecstatic oneness and belonging. If Thai people ever stop thinking this way, what might happen?

Not really a cultural belief but just the story put around by the uber rich and their pals in the media world.

The same happens in a lot of countries which explains why the uber rich get away with paying so little tax.

On 7/8/2023 at 3:35 PM, ikke1959 said:

Exactly.... but most Thais don't like to work.. as I wrote before I am trying to find someone to help me with all kind of easy things in the garden or cleaning the roof, I am willing to pay 100 THB an hour and NOBODY is interested because it is a low wage... weeding in the garden or cutting a branch of a tree it is not difficult or hard work, even young ones can do it, but they want more money... and I am not the only one as many Thai friends have the same problem.. Yes I can maybe hire a Myanmar worker, they are wwilling to work..Thais are lazy and want to earn easy money. Look at Big C, Lotus's HomePro and name it too many people doing nothing and if there are a few fired the other ones complain they have to work, as they are not used to it.... only playing on their phones and talking.. salaries can go up for them who work, all others out better for the company and better to motivate people to work

Ooooooh look at you with your 100 baht an hour!! 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Ooooooh look at you with your 100 baht an hour!! 

And he has the nerve to complain ???? "It's a good price! C'mon! 100 baht to toil in the hot sun removing the weeds!"

He's probably one of the boomers who LOVE cheap labor from often-illegal migrant workers, to mow his lawn, etc (on his house he bought with a salary he got by working at a grocery store, now worth like 2 million dollars).

Boomers Completely tanked the job market and wages with their love affair with illegal laborers doing jobs for pennies.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

And he has the nerve to complain ???? "It's a good price! C'mon! 100 baht to toil in the hot sun removing the weeds!"

He's probably one of the boomers who LOVE cheap labor from often-illegal migrant workers, to mow his lawn, etc (on his house he bought with a salary he got by working at a grocery store, now worth like 2 million dollars).

Boomers Completely tanked the job market and wages with their love affair with illegal laborers doing jobs for pennies.

you are also too lazy to work i think, as you don't know my garden, and nothing else about me..Work with me for 6 hours a day and you have 600 THB and finished at 15.00 with paid lunch too.. Not bad I think for sweeping, weeding, etc...but no problem I do it myself saves me money and can buy a bottle of wine probably you will 1500 thb an hour

• Confused 1